Sunday, September 6, 2020

Monday Murals: 42o Below


It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.

I was walking around and had just taken photos of the mural I was searching for when I saw this one.  I have an internet friend who loves anything 42.

For those who don't know, 42 is the answer to the "ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything," from Douglas Adams's 1979 novel, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  I wonder if 42 degrees below will qualify.

I tried to get as much of the mural as I could. 

Even though it was created on a brick wall, it appears to have been painted and assembled using some type of backing.

You only notice that once you zoom in on the mural.

This mural is located at 1203 E. Douglas.  The artist is unknown.

In conducting a bit of research, this is what the mural looked like in 2017:
It's obvious I found this on the internet.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.


20 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

Colourful and artistic pretty cool. xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely mural, so colourful. Have a great day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

We have a bar with that name, I´d posted it under signs a while ago :-) I never saw/read the hitchhiker, but isn´t that also the towel day-thing?

Sami said...

I've never read that book, but I like the mural , although the previous 42 Degrees mural was more colourful.
Thanks for participating Elizabeth.

Jeanie said...

Can't say this is my all-time favorite but it sure is colorful!

Tom said...

...42 is Greek to me, but I like the bold design and colors.

DVArtist said...

Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for all the wonderful well wishes. I am much better today. Just a different kind of healing. You know I love this mural.

Sandra Cox said...

I love murals:)
Are you okay?

Jim said...

Colourful.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's so colourful.

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

That was a good 42 find. I wonder what the glass art looks like. Hope it was a good Sunday. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Great 42 find

Rita said...

Love the colors! :)

dee Nambiar said...

That's an interesting find. The color gradient is neat.
If 42 has all the answers, I'm looking forward to year 42 ;)[See you in 2 years, 42. :)]

Bertiebo said...

I like it. I know nothing about 42. The book was in my house, and my sons tried to make me read it. But I did not, don't know why not

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

Interesting to see the old and new - I like etch strength of colour in the new one

Jackie McGuinness said...

I didn't know the meaning of 42. I lived at 24 at one time and my little niece pointed out that they lived at 42 (in another town) so that was how she remembered our number.

Divers and Sundry said...

That's the biggest 42 I've ever seen! Wow! What a great find :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Well that was fun to see the same message then and now Elizabeth. I think the new version is more up with the times, edgier even 💜

pearshapedcrafting said...

A brilliant find, and well done for researching the previous one too! We felt sad when Our favourite one in Paris was covered with something not nearly as good, I think the new one is better here! Chrisx