Saturday, September 5, 2020

Many men and women


Before we begin, has anyone seen this error on their blog, or is it just me?

Not sure you can make it out, but this is the error I got when I tried to add images earlier.  It reads: There was an error!  Details: Invalid credentials (Invalid picker token).  Luckily, I took this screenshot. 

How was I able to load my photos, you ask?  I reverted back to Legacy blogger.  If THIS is what I'm going to have to put up with, I may have to find an alternative blog site.  ANY help would be welcome.

Now for my regularly scheduled post. 

I'm joining Jo at Let's Art Journal who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Texture.

Although this turned out more minimalist than I first envisioned it,

it certainly has lots of texture.  The sentiment reads "Many other men and women," so you can see where I got the title of this piece.

Gold and green play highly in my color scheme for this entry.

The bit of green burlap/hemp/hessian deconstructed even further as I tried to adhere it to the page.

Since everything was so linear, I thought a few circles I painted two colors of green and gold would offset the balance a bit.

This fancy fiber has so much texture, I had to use it.



For this page I created in my Challenges altered book, I began by laying down green house paint on the pages to cover the words.  I noticed the paint was starting to thicken, and I didn't bother removing the thick blotches from the pages because I thought they added more texture.  Once dry, I planned out the rest of the spread.

I actually started at the bottom and added the scrap left from a strip of hole-protectors.  Next came the sentiment found in a book, over which I placed the burlap/hemp/hessian.  Next came a scrap of gold ribbon left over from tags I made last month.  I loved the various textures of the fancy fibers, so those were the final textures I added horizontally on the page.

However, it looked a bit too bare, even for me, so I colored a sheet of leftover cardstock with two colors of green, then used two hole punches to cut the circles.  Last, I added the gold paint using my finger.

I appreciate you stopping by and following along on this minimalist adventure with me.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Texture.

Speaking of Bleubeard, Squiggles was driving him crazy, so I allowed him to join me outside while I cut a few weeds and saplings in my flower bed.


28 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I've not had that before. Did you report it to feedback? They usually do something about it if you do. You gt to feedback by clicking the question mark top left when using new blogger.
Yor page is lovely, definitely something different for the theme. Great to see Bleubeard outside. Have a nice day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

I have a dropdown-menue in editor mode.
- From PC
- Pictures
- Blogger
- via url
I always take the first and it works "fine" (well, I always have to correct the size, ALWAYS!
As the font!).

Your art is wonderful! And Bleubeard is truly majestic! 😻

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I've had all sorts of error messages with the new changes, Valerie is right if you report it they do usually sort it out. We all seem to be learning together with it but it's much better than when we were thrown in the deep end at the beginning. Lovely displayed texture, love the softness of yarn on paper.
So nice to see Bleubeard looks like he's ready to lend a paw with his being outstretched. Happy weekend Tracey x

Mae Travels said...

So sorry to hear about your fall, and I hope you get over your soreness and make a fast come-back. I'm putting off the inevitable and continuing with legacy blogger. I don't borrow trouble. when they discontinue it I'll grit my teeth etc.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

aussie aNNie said...

Look at your beautiful cat, he is adorable and looks so cuddly.....loving your textures using so many different varieties of goodies, you sure amaze me. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Re the screen shot, never seen that come up before but I have gone back and forth from old to new blogger and prefer the old. x

Karen said...

Great textures and Fall colors in your piece ~ Squiggles looks fluffy and is watching something intently with that sneak attack look :)

Barbara said...

I can’t relate to all the comments and issues with the new blogger interface. When it changed itself over on me, I quickly found the link to revert back and have been there blissfully ever since. I hope they continue to make it available! Bluebeard looks appropriately regal. Two things I must have missed, who is Squiggles and when did you fall!?

My name is Erika. said...

I like this texture. And not too bare by any means. I hadn't thought of adding yarn in a bundle. I might have to steal that idea. Smile. And good to see Bleubeard. He looks like he is enjoying a little outside time. It is a good thing for the soul. HAve a great Saturday. Hugs-Erika

Nancy said...

I like your color palette, and of course the FIBERS! All that texture is so inviting. How lovely Bleubeard got a fresh air outing and a break from his buddy. Glad you could get out, too.

Linda Manning Findley said...

no errors seen here .... love the layout ...

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what stunning texture! I love the close up photos, the strands of fancy fibres and the thickened paint blotches are perfect too 😁. Thanks so much for playing along and for the inspiration! I hope you're having a lovely weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the design on this one. And the texture. Nice!

I haven't had that error. I upload all images to my blog posts from my computer, and that may make a difference. I'm using new blogger to get used to it after hearing the reasons legacy blogger won't continue to be available. WordPress is still an option, but now I'm hearing that ads are on WordPress by default...

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Elizabeth, I love those textured fibres!
Bleubeard is looking very handsome and chilled, lovely boy!
I'm still on Legacy, waiting and hoping new Blogger will be sorted soon.
Happy weekend,
Alison xx

CJ Kennedy said...

I haven’t had that issue. Lovely textures on your page. Bleubeard is very regal looking as he supervises your work.

Helen said...

I think it may have been a temporary fault. I have uploaded 178 photos on new blogger formy Kew post today without problem (well sort of)

Sharon Madson said...

Well, I just got an error while commenting! Eek!

Sharon Madson said...

Ok, now I will type my whole comment agIn. I hadn’t gotten an error while editing, because I have yet to figure out how to edit on the new blogger! I did finally figure out how to add the widget to subscribe by email to my blog, but I don’t think it works!
I love the texture you achieved on your page. Great texture!

Rita said...

That's a new one for me.
Love all the texture! And seeing Bluebeard! :)

Rebeca Trevino said...

Elizabeth! and Bluebeard!
Thanks for stopping by to say hello! I know, I know it's been a long time. But I gonna try and be back and post about what I've been doing, and of course, follow you and my other friends, to see what you all have been up to. I've got a lot of catching up to do, but I'll get there.

To your question on your post, NO, I have not had that error message. I guess things have changed since I've been here. Well, I've got a lot to learn too, apparently, so I'll follow along, and pay attention to see what you find out.

Hope you are well.
Rebeca

Sami said...

I haven't had a problem uploading photos, I get the same wording as Iris. Hope it's sorted out now Elizabeth.
This new Blogger can be a bit frustrating...
Bluebeard is such a beautiful cat.

Lowcarb team member said...

Not seen that message, but Valerie is right if you report it they do usually sort it out.

I do like the textures on your page, and nice to see Bleubeard.

All the best Jan

Cindy McMath said...

Very coll page. Lovely to see Bleubeard! I’m sure he gets quite worn out with Squiggles sometimes. :). Sorry I haven’t been around much lately - so busy at work! Take care.

nwilliams6 said...

I have had so many error messages in things lately that I can't remember if I have received that one or not. I just click around and hope that something works (at home and work - lol). Glad you found a work around.

Your minimalist journal pages are wonderful with so much texture and interest - I am so impressed.

Love your cat - sooo pretty!

Hugz

Halle said...

Bleubeard is so handsome. Glad you shared him with us today.
I love your page for AJJ. The texture and negative space are fantastic. I'm a fan of the warm fall color scheme as well. :)

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous textures on the journal page, I am having a good catch up to read the posts I have missed, I am stopping here to say that your art inspirations look amazing but forgive me for saying that this photo of Bleubeard is the STAR, it had really cheered my day.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

Lovely to see a photograph of Bleubeard who is sitting quite regally whilst watching you. Such a handsome fella!
Well, you could not have got more textural than you did on your page - what fabulous pieces of various things you have there - and what gorgeous colours.
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love that page Elizabeth! I do like that style, just don't use it very often! I am totally distracted by seeing that handsome boy on your porch!
I have found it easier to upload my photos onto my computer then take an option of 'from your computer' to get my photos. I have been using new blogger more and it has become easier than it was at first because we have dumped a lot off the desktop . Hugs, Chrisx