Monday, September 28, 2020

Foxy and more


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Tuesday, I'm once again joining Jo at Let's Art Journal who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Texture.

It's obvious I named this Foxy.

This is what happens when you don't use your full spectrum light to make sure the colors are consistent.  The red definitely feels out of place and looks a bit jarring.

A candy wrapper gave the added sparkle I was looking for.  Everything was sewn in place

with the exception of the piece of fox filled napkin 

that I adhered using a glue stick.

I like this quote.  Yes, we need to get it right.

A few more step out photos






detail my wonky, wobbly sewing.

For this page, I started with a piece of brown and beige paper bag, to which I sewed everything except the napkin.  Some of the pieces, including the bag, were recycled, while some had been gifted to me.  When the assembly was complete, I added it to my Challenges altered book on a page I had textured using green house paint and several colors of fabric paint.

But that's not all.

Sandie is the current host at Tag Tuesday.  She has chosen Book Print as the theme this fortnight.

I covered my tag with every kind of book print I could find.

I even found the sentiment in a book.

I found the focal image in a travel book.

I love seeing the different fonts.


For this tag, I started with a used file folder I cut to size.  I then added as many different book pages as I could find.  Since I've used so much German text recently, I chose to use something different this time.  I only wish I'd gotten a better photo of the tag, but time was of the essence.  For the words, I outlined them using black dye ink.  Everything was glued in place using a glue stick.  The hole reinforcer was added after everything was in place and the hole had been punched.

I appreciate you stopping by to visit today.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Texture and Tag Tuesday with your own Book Print tag.



20 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Werther´s Original.
Owwww. My sweet tooth got glued from that in my childhood! They still have TV ads on that. And they always show women my age who reflect on being a young girl having that sweet. Boy, that always makes me feel so old, LOL!
Love the tag, you´re a great teacher,this looks like fun!
My Nieces are still to young to appreciate stuff like that so far, I "dumped" the pressies simply in a cute bag and they were happiest.
But I keep your ideas in my mind and if you are OK with it, call me copy cat...

aussie aNNie said...

Looks like a whole lotta fun here, great post. x

sheila 77 said...

Foxy is a super fun colourful piece. I like the "Get it right" colourful cut-out and the Werther's wrapper is a bit of fun too, it's all terrific, sewn together. I am inspired by your sewing and I really enjoy the way you use recycled bits so effectively.
The tag is a nice contrast colour-wise and you even made the tag from a file folder - great idea, they are not used much now but still hover about.
Happy October when it comes to you and the boys.


Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! It has a lovely autumnal feel to it with the plaid background and foxes, the candy wrapper adds sparkle and more texture to your design too - perfect 😀. Thanks so much for inspiring us at Art Journal Journey and joining in the fun! Have a great new week! Hugs, Jo x

Barbara said...

Colorful piece, the foxes are wonderful, my favorite element. Plus, I like the addition of red.

My name is Erika. said...

Those foxes are just adorable. I do like all the texture too. (And werther's candies too! smile). You used some fantastic collage images and the page works great. And I like you tag too. I need to finish mine up today. I like your collaged book paper background. hat castle/manor house is certainly a treasure. You must be thrilled to be back online too. See you later for T. Hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Again I like to join you — I’m’ having fun because you are having fun! Some day you might make a Mona LIsa collage which is my idea of even more fun!

be well ... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

nanskidrewski said...

I love, love , love your tag and your word choices. Super cute 🦊. Have a lovely day. Happy to hear your internet is sorted.

kathyinozarks said...

Great art today, loved the stitched collage for textures, and really like your tag too-I have never made a tag-this was a great theme
Happy Monday

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet foxes with that all important message of get it right. The treasured sights about page reminds me of those poems created by blacking out all but a few words. Enjoy your day!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

wavez two ewe foxez frum sum catz in TT !!! :) ☺☺☺♥♥♥

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I really love this one. Great job indeed.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm with Foxy, trying to get it right ;)

Lowcarb team member said...

I think the foxes are wonderful, it's a nice colourful piece.

My good wishes.

All the best Jan

Words and Pictures said...

Two wonderful collages - I love the wintry feel of the first one, with such amazing textures throughout - and those various fonts going in all directions on the book print tag are just fabulous!
Alison x

Sandra Wright. said...

I love how you have used different sections of book print and combined it with other print, very effective.
Thank you for joining in with the challenge at Tag Tuesday x

nwilliams6 said...

Love the foxes, all your very cool texture, your thought process, and crafting adventure here. The stitching adds so much. Great tag too. Wonderful ideas here - I always learn so much visiting you.

Jeanie said...

Foxes have the best faces. I love them! And I think the bookprint tag challenge is one of my favorites. That type gives such texture and dimension to art and I really appreciate all your pieces.

Karen said...

Terrific tags ~Love the fox image, so sweet! ~ Blessings

Kokopelli said...

Love your tag! That would be perfect to go in any travel journal! And I love the page with the foxes. Too cute! Have great day!