Monday, September 28, 2020

T Stands For National Coffee Day


Some of you saw on Sunday where I mentioned an AT&T employee fixed my phone and internet after it was offline for 9 1/2 days.  He put in a new box outside and ran a new line inside.  Apparently, my system is very old and they are upgrading from copper wiring to fiber optics in my neighborhood.  When I asked if my internet was fixed, he didn't realize I had internet.  That's when they issued a new work order.  However, I got tired of waiting and my friend Scott and I called on Thursday.  They sent someone out Sunday, as promised.  I apologize for not visiting anyone last week for T.  I had no way to let anyone know and trying to type on Sally's iPad was nearly impossible, because my fingers don't lay flat or bend like most people's fingers do.  However, I'm back and HOPEFULLY, I'll not have the same problems I had in the past.  Also, hopefully, I won't be offline again.  That is UNTIL they upgrade me to fiber optics.

Today (September 29) is National Coffee Day.  I know that will make some of you very happy and some of you who don't drink coffee will feel very left out.  I asked Pexels to help celebrate this day.






 




































I hope you have found at least one image you liked today.  I tried to show a wide variety of ways to enjoy my drink of choice.  One of these days, we'll do the same with tea.

It's time to share your own drink related post.  Your post may be anything from a photo of a glass, cup, or mug, to an actual drink.  You may choose to share a sketch or a digital, hybrid, or traditional page in your scrapbook, art journal, or altered book.  Maybe you'd prefer to share a tag, or wow us with your photography.  You might choose a postcard, decorated card, or magazine image.  You might even draw an image on a used tea bag.  Or perhaps you prefer to review a place you visited, a movie, or book.  It makes no difference as long as it's drink related.  And don't forget that the more unique and outside the box it is, the better we like it.  Please tie it back here, and please link only to your T post, not your entire blog.  When you link, Bleubeard, the T gang, and I will be by to visit.   Bleubeard would also like to remind you that your photos may be taken any time, even months or years ago, if you


I want to remind everyone to be digging up your Second on the 2nd posts. Please remember, the only requirement is it must have been published previously on your blog. Any post, any length, any genre is acceptable.

23 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I'll keep this short Elizabeth - this was the best post ever, ever ever! You have to try and guess why! Happy T Day, Look after your internet! Valerie

Mae Travels said...

Coffee is my favorite beverage, and I just love your fabulous collection of coffee images. I didn't know it was coffee day today, and so my post celebrates tea.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Wow I loved all of these photos. I didn't realize today was coffee day or I would have posted something about it.
I sure hope the new upgrade will have everything working smoothly again-Happy T day and for an awesome new week hugs Kathy

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh what a splendiferous celebration of coffee Elizabeth!!! Now I want a cup more than anything but as it is evening here as I type it's not something I want to do unless I want to be up all night. I'll come back tomorrow AM with my cup and relish this post even more:) Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

I can tell you are a coffee lover. You have a nice collection of photos to look at. And how nice that coffee day falls on T day. I'll skip the coffee, but I don't begrudge coffee drinkers their day. Have a nice T day and its nice to have you back. Hugs-Erika

Words and Pictures said...

Wonderful wonderful post... I think I will have to forward it to my uncle and cousins. My immigrant grandfather founded a coffee merchants trading company on his arrival in the UK in the 1930s, and they still run the business to this day (so I get free ground coffee regularly!). I loved all the pictures you found, and I'm afraid to say I didn't know that the 29th was such an auspicious day... I shall drink twice as much coffee to celebrate!
Alison x

Rita said...

I didn't know it was coffee day. Awesome! Loved all the coffee pics! :)

Kate Yetter said...

I am a tea lover but I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful images that you posted. A wide variety of mugs/cups as well as pastries to accompany any hot drink. A lovely post.
I hope your internet troubles diminish as soon as your system is upgraded.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Iris Flavia said...

I only love coffee at my Brother´s place. Well, let´s say "like" 😉 He´s got a great machine.
But a BIG YAY for your internet-problem being solved after all!

Elephant's Child said...

Despite being a tea rather than a coffee drinker these are stunning images. I can almost smell the richness.
If you are able to, can you please leave a message for Laurie for me. Blogger flatly refuses to let me comment on her site at the moment.

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy coffee day! While I'm not a coffee drinker, the Eldest is so this post made me think of her. My favorite image was the kitty with the cup, of course. Happy T Day and Happy being back online.

Divers and Sundry said...

Congratulations on being back online! and Happy Coffee Day ;)

Sami said...

Nice signs and photos Elizabeth, even though I'm not a coffee drinker.
Glad your net is being sorted out.

Jackie McGuinness said...

I wonder if that is why I had a second cup of coffee this morning? I rarely do.

I love all these images, especially the coffee with a map, sigh, if only...

Coffee and a book in a cafe outside suits me too. I hope this afternoon is warm enough for one.

Let's Art Journal said...

So glad that you have your internet back on and that things are getting sorted for you - yay! Loved looking at all the different photos that you chose, as you know I don't really drink coffee but I actually had an Irish coffee the other day, it was so yummy and a nostalgic trip back in time when we used to go to restaurants with my mum and dad ...lol 😉. I did take a photo so maybe I should share it one T Day! Thanks for the inspiration and Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

da tabbies o trout towne said...

while I don't drink coffee anymore; I still enjoyed this photo stroll !!
☺☺♥♥

DVArtist said...

Wonderful post for coffee day. I guess that is why I wanted a cup today. LOL have a great day.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth, this is just what I need today, lots of comforting coffee! Of course the odd little treat alongside too is a bonus! Hugs, Chrisxx

Eileen Bergen said...

Lots of eye candy for coffee and non-coffee drinkers, Elizabeth. I enjoyed perusing them even though I don't imbibe.

Fiber optics is coming to your neighborhood?! That's fabulous!!! We got connected a few months ago and the difference in speed is phenomenal. We used to get 3 or 4 kB download on a bad day and 20 on a good day. Now we get 200. It seems to be easier for the phone company to fix and detect problems, because we've only had brief outages. Scott can probably attest to all this.

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

Jeanie said...

Sometimes I wish I liked coffee. It smells so good. But I do love all your photos!

Lowcarb team member said...

Loved seeing all of these photographs/images :)

All the best Jan

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like all of your coffee tribute photos. I hope your internet is finally fixed. How annoying. ATT is lousy. Also, I hope to be back at next week's T-Day. :-)

RO said...

You already know that it was dang near impossible to choose just one pic, because they were all so fabulous. Yay for coffee! How wonderful that someone realized what the problem was and got you back up and running. It's amazing to me that cable companies don't realize which areas still need to be properly wired with fiber optics. It would make it so much easier for students also who are struggling to have Internet for school. What a huge nightmare for you, and glad that there's some light at the tunnel these days. Hugs, RO