Saturday, August 29, 2020

Breath

I've created another entry for Art Journal Journey featuring Alison's (aka Craftytrog) Pockets and Tags theme.  Remember, there are two more days for you to join in the fun this month before we announce a new host on September 1.
For this page, I started with a solid color background to create this entry that includes both pockets and tags.

My tags began as die cuts that were covered with lovely German text and beautiful flowers.

I delineated each pocket with a quote on breath and breathing,

thus the title of the post.

Each tag got a gold glittery ribbon, too.  The pockets were sewn together using variegated green thread.

I'd like to thank Alison for hosting this month and sharing so many wonderful entries with us, as well as taking her hosting duties seriously.  Thanks so very much for also joining me, and I hope to see you at Art Journal Journey


16 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece Elizabeth, great colours and love the pretty pockets, tags and sewing. Wonderful quotes, too. Have a wonderful day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Next time my Nieces visit I´ll ask the older one if she can read the text. I can, but bet she can not. And to be honest, I couldn´t write like that, but then... my handwriting is bad anyways ;-)
Great work.

Barbara said...

Lovely tags, Elizabeth, and all tucked away in their little pockets is perfect! Imagination reigns in your projects!

Karen said...

Terrific pocket trio of inspiration ~ Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

My name is Erika. said...

That is a cool pocket. And cool tags too. I like how the tags just peek out with the words on them-even better that they look German-are they?- and that each part of the pocket has such a beautifully illustrated quote. Nice!!!!! Raining here. Hurrah! Hugs-Erika

Sami said...

Very creative with the little pockets Elizabeth.
Have a wonderful weekend.

CJ Kennedy said...

A very calm post and I like the arrangement of the pockets.

craftytrog said...

I love this Elizabeth! The quotes and tags are wonderful. It's a great page for my theme, and good to see both pockets and tags.
Alison xx

Rita said...

I automatically thought what pretty bookmarks all of those would make. :)

nwilliams6 said...

Love the pockets and tags and great quotes! Love the sewing too. Lovely! Hugz

Sharon Madson said...

This is lovely, Elizabeth. I just love when you stitch on your projects. Great tags and pockets! Have a great Sunday!

DVArtist said...

Wow this is truly wonderful.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the "breaths" quote and the great contrast between the background and the other elements.

Meggymay said...

I love this fabulous page and the solid coloured background. The tag pockets across the corner were a great idea.
Yvonne xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the pockets and tags.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

I really love the shape of these tags, Elizabeth. They remind me a bit of a church window in shape and I've always loved that. Very pretty.