Sunday, July 19, 2020

Monday Murals: an oldie, but goodie


It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time.

I've shown this mural on my blog before, but never at Monday Murals.

The first time I went, I had a lousy camera.

It did OK taking outside shots

but wasn't much good at details.

Now I have a lovely camera.

You'll see things you didn't see before.

Did you notice the heart scrawled onto the tree trunk?  And how the squirrels are working together harvesting the nuts?

They're storing their nuts for winter, while the auditor is taking inventory.

They all work so hard together,

it's fun to watch them up close, too.

The Nifty Nut House is located at 537 North St. Francis in Wichita, Kansas (KS), USA.  It is a specialty house that sells nuts of all types, many of which they roast in their store, candies, and the most wonderful homemade fudge they also make in their store.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.


22 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, this is a fun mural, and so detailed. Great to see the squirrels working so hard to get their stores ready for winter. Murals are always a good idea, and brighten up so many dark and dismal places. Have a great day, take care!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely post with fun and fabulous design mural, brilliant colours, lovely. x

Iris Flavia said...

Sooooo cute!
Aw, the heart, well. My ex carved one for us, too, obviously did not work. But there is a very cute The Simpsons-episode where it DID work.
My squirrel went nuts, btw.
Showed be clearly: HEY! NO NUTS, BALCONY GETS DESTROYED!
Nutty one, that.
Please. On that grabby lady: Think positive as in all will be good.
When the doctor told me I might loose the function of my right hand back then (and I just got a yes to study!), I called my Mum in tears and she yelled at me that if I do not think positive it will go wrong.
I did and I can move every finger normally.
And that way they´re crossed for you all goes well, toes, too.
Yikes. Guess it ... hope it was less dangerous than the lady sneezing me in the neck. Isn´t touch less dangerous? Hope this helps a weee bit.

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a fun design. I liked the Pirate Squirrels laying siege to the Nut Castle and the nuts defending their ground. Firing jelly beans from the cannon. The auditor squirrel in the nut warehouse cracked me up, too. Enjoy your day

Nancy said...

So much detail in this. It's just fun to look at. How long this must have taken to complete with all the facial expressions and other details. They're working together to "squirrel away" those nuts! It brings a smile.

Mae Travels said...

Squirrels and nuts — a marriage made in heaven! Great mural for a perfect location at a nut shop.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Those squirrel crack me up. This is a really fun mural. And perfect for a "nut" house. Happy Sunday! hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

I love this mural-so fun and I love squirrels Happy Sunday

Tom said...

...such a whimsical mural, the nut house reminds me of home.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such fun murals! Those cheeky squirrels made me smile 😁. Thanks and wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Jeanie said...

I love the name! The mural perfectly fits the bill!

DVArtist said...

What a fun, happy mural. I could look at this for days. Happy Monday.

Rita said...

I'm not sure how the nuts and squirrels are related to the ship, but it is all so sweet and happy. :)

Bertiebo said...

Very nice. I love that castle

s.c said...

Very nice and I specially like the way the blue of the mural blends perfectly with the blue of the real sky. Great and funny one very well executed.

Sami said...

Such a fun mural Elizabeth. I'm glad you posted it again as I hadn't seen it before. Love the busy squirrels :) Thanks for participating.

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

That certainly is a goody. So much detail telling a fun story

Divers and Sundry said...

Big and bright, perfect! I love that castle :)

Mia said...

Great a great art! Gorgeous graffiti!

dee Nambiar said...

Oh my gosh!!

How cute is that?! A mural straight out of a story book. What a superb find!
Have a lovely week, Elizabeth. :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh this is an absolute delight Elizabeth, a little bit of everything here,love the squirrel nuthouse 😊 and the flyby of the planes past the castle turret 💜

Jackie McGuinness said...

This is just adorable!