Friday, July 17, 2020

Friday Smiles 380 and this week's ICADs


It's Friday, so let's join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) along with the wonderful ladies at Friday Smiles.

Today is a very special day for a very special boy.  To honor that, here are some fun things I found on the internet.
















Now for this week's Index Card A Day or ICADs.


The fox tale

Joy to the world

Nothing whatsoever happens before coffee.

Coffee to celebrate T Tuesday turning seven

I'm sending this bouquet to you
 
NOTHING can be more important this November

Happy 4th birthday, dear Squiggles!
Now you know why there are all the cat jokes today!  Please let me know if you like any of these altered index cards.  

Thanks for your visit today.  I appreciate it, as does Bleubeard.  Now let's head over to Annie's because she knows how to put a smile on everyone's faces.  And whatever you do, please don't forget to start your weekend off right with a few Friday Smiles of your own.  And remember, if you would like to play along, Annie will welcome you just as she did me many years ago.

29 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy Birthday to Squiggles! I hope he will be suitable celebrated at home. Wonderful ICADS, especially the last one. Some good cat cartoons, too. I can especially relate to the toilet paper treadmill, which was the only exercise my Kitty ever liked. I tried putting it on the top shelf, but she always found it....Have a great day, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

haha great post xx Enjoy your weekend,.

Iris Flavia said...

Happy, happy Birthday! xx
Hm. Do I still want someone who ignores me? ;-)
I love them all, and yes, hope you can make a change in November.

Lynn Holland said...

That was the best chuckle of the morning so far. Brilliant post xxx

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy Birthday to Squiggles! I have that same cat and mouse stamp set. 😺 Absolutely loved all the cat jokes and another great crop of ICADs

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Those cat funnies are hilarious! I'm still laughing. That made my day. Thanks for sharing them. I like your ICAD artwork. But I have to disagree about voting matters: it only matters in Swing States. Blue States will vote for Biden, and Red states will vote for Trump. Connecticut will vote for Biden, so it doesn't matter whether or not I vote, he'll win CT. The only place voting makes a difference is Swing States.

kathyinozarks said...

I laughed at your cat funnies-great ones!! and I loved all of your ICAD's - they are wonderful Happy Friday

Karen said...

Too funny! Happy Birthday Squiggles ~ Love the Icads especially the mug for you and bluebeard ~ So sweet ~ Happy Friday!!

Mae Travels said...

Good cartoons, especially "Pavlov's Cat."

be well...mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That's cats for you and happy Birthday Squiggles. Have a great weekend too. Hugs, Angela xXx

Nancy said...

Happy, happy day, Squiggles! Those cartoons truly bring a laugh-they capture cattitude so perfectly. Our Iggy is gray like Squiggles and our daughter sends me images of Topsy, the cartoon cat character from old Tom & Jerry cartoons. His little cat-big attitude closely mirrors Iggy's. Google an image of him if you get a chance.

Annie said...

I'm sorry I'm so late making my visits this week....and no I haven't been making more face masks today....that's cos I've made 4 Memory bears :-) The world has gone crazy in many ways cos I think I still have 11 Memory bears to make yet!!!
I really love your cat jokes...they got me chuckling. Your cards seem to get better each week. You're obviously enjoying making them lots.
Hugs,
Annie x

DVArtist said...

Laughing..... a great post. I truly enjoyed this and your art too.

Sami said...

Happy birthday to Squiggles.
The cat cartoons were fabulous Elizabeth, I had a good laugh.

Divers and Sundry said...

Great cat humor! I always like your ICADs :) and Happy Birthday Squiggles is the perfect subject. I hope y'all have a wonderful kitty celebration :)

Birgit said...

Love all the creativity you shared here from the flowers of hearts to the cats and mice. Happy Birthday to Squiggles and these cat comics are so funny. I love the Pirate..well there are many that I laughed out loud and must show my hubby these

da tabbies o trout towne said...

scott metzger is a true genius.....

squiggles....dood...a MOST happee 4th two ewe N heerz ta de next 40....N joy day, get in sum trubull, haz fun, best fishez, happee day wizhez, mice creem in dishez ♫♪♫♫♪♫ & heerz two a yeer a head filled with happeez & healtheez ♥♥♥☺☺☺!!!

Cindy McMath said...

Well I loved all the cat jokes - they are all so true! But that’s why we love cats right? Happy BD Squiggles! Also I have to say you’ve really outdone yourself with your ICADs this week - this is my favourite grouping this year. I usually pick one or two to talk about but this week I actually can’t decide which are my favourites. The heart bouquet might have a slight lead.

Let's Art Journal said...

So funny, loved the funnies today ... ha, ha! Beautiful ICADs too, the fox tail is my favourite - love it 😀. I hope you've had a lovely week. Thanks for the smiles and wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

mamapez5 said...

Happy Birthday to Squiggles. I love his birthday ICAD. I quite like all of them this time.
I had a good laugh at the cat cartoons too. They do seem to think the house is theirs and we are only there because they allow us to be. Kate x

Meggymay said...

happy birthday to Squiggles,time goes so quickly it doesn't seem that long ago that he joined you and Bleubeard.
L have had a good laugh at the funnies you shared, those cartoons looked really funny,
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Your cat funnies made me laugh. I especially liked the pirate and the toilet paper. My last cat Leo was a toilet paper guy. And nice ICARDS. I didn't know Squiggles was only 4. Or you've had him for 4 years. Or both. And I like the partial fox too. I also received a little package in the mail today. Thanks you so very much dear friend. It was a very nice surprise. Hope you have a great start to your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Happy birthday to Squiggles! I LOVE the cat cartoons and the ATCs. :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

I really was laughing at some of these - so much that Tony came to look!!
Your ICADs are exceptional this week and I really couldn't choose a favourite - it's all of them!
I can hardly believe Squiggles is 4 years old - it doesn't seem that long since he started being trained by Bleubeard! Hugs, Chrisx

Sandra Cox said...

OMG. Those are hilarious.
Voting does matter.

Linda Kunsman said...

Happy birthday to Squiggles!! I don't have a cat and none of us ever did in our families but I do like them, and I LOVED the funnies today:):):)

My fave ICAD today is the first one- there's just something about that fox image.

RO said...

Happy belated birthday to Super Squiggles, and there's nothing better or more fun than cat memes, who remind us all who is really in charge(lol) Sending some hugs your way! RO

Jeanie said...

Happy belated fouruth bday to Squiggles. The jokes are wonderful, each and every one. I hope Squiggles has a sense of humour!

craftytrog said...

Belated birthday wishes to Squiggles! I loved all the cat funnies.
Love your icads too Elizabeth, especially the fox one.
Alison xx