Saturday, July 25, 2020

Food for thought


I'm sure by now that Erika, who many of you know as Bio Art Gal's theme this month at Art Journal Journey is When It's Hot.

I created this two page spread in my Scraps altered book and call it Food For Thought.

Obviously food takes center stage in this spread.

There are some green chili peppers

and some sweet chili sauce (which is a tiny bit hot).

A butterfly joins the dragonfly (the brand of sauce I always buy).

For the right side, another green pepper, a proof of purchase, some albacore tuna, a question taken from a recipe book on apples, and a red chili pepper.

I partitioned the spread by creating four distinct spaces, three of which I colored in, then added to the page.  All items except the painted squares were either left over from other spreads, or had been eaten by me.  The words, Food For Thought were drawn using a metallic gel pen.

Bleubeard and I are absolutely thrilled you stopped by today, and we also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey.

22 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun spread, with hot chili. Looks good, but not something I would like to eat! Chili and me is a no-go! Have a great day, take care! Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous pages full of heat and beauty of it's own. xx

Iris Flavia said...

I still couls not participate it´s cold, cold, cold!
So... you brought it to the point: Hot food is what I need! :-)

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks for your sweet comment too. ♥

Mia said...

Hot chily peppers for Erika's theme at AJJ? Oh, Elizabeth, you are soooo clever! What a great idea, my friend! Great page!!!

My name is Erika. said...

I like this fun take on the When It’s Hot theme. And I like the addition of the butterfly to go along with the dragonfly. This page has nice layout balance makes me really want some hot Mexican food. I haven’t had any in forever. Have a super Saturday and thanks no is for joining the challenge. Hugs Erika

Karen said...

Fun spread and play on words ~ I really like the green chili images ~ Enjoy your day :)

Caty said...

Wonderful spread Elizabeth !! I looove it. It is very interesting to see how you have coloured each part, and then add your details. beautiful is also that butterfly that you have placed in the upper left corner, sublime!
I wish you a great day and weekend, and send big hugs,
Caty

CJ Kennedy said...

Clever interpretation of the theme. Chili peppers and chili sauce are too hot for me. I'll stick with the plain ol' tuna fish. Stay cool!

Meggymay said...

A fantastic journal spread and take on Erika's AJJ theme, I'd never think of this idea , it works so well for the 'when its hot' theme .
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

Love your journal pages for the theme
Happy Saturday

DVArtist said...

Ohhh this is hot and sweet all at the same time. Great piece. Have a lovely weekend.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful collage artwork.

Eileen Bergen said...

Fun spread, Elizabeth. It's a clever take on the hot theme. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Eileen

Lowcarb team member said...

What a good interpretation for the theme.

Happy weekend wishes.

All the best Jan

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Fun! When I am in Europe -- especially in France -- I save every s crap of food wrapping and I make collages with them. Kind of a travel souvenir. This reminded me of that.....

nwilliams6 said...

I really like these pages! Remind me of this last week where I ate a whole bag of jalapenos myself, had tuna several times, and had some chili sauce on my egg rolls. on night (mixed with a bit of mustard). Fun play on words here too. Hugz

craftytrog said...

A great collage spread Elizabeth. I don't mind some sweet chilli sauce if it's not too hot, I like to be able to taste my food.
Alison xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Elizabeth! I love your wonderful art journal spread! The chili peppers, chili sauce on fish, and tuna all look great - I really like how you created for distinct and beautiful spaces here. Now I am hungry for chili and have to ask my husband to make it as his recipe is the best!!! I also want to thank you for stopping by my blog! HUGS, Sharon

Jackie McGuinness said...

This is a new art form to me and I am intrigued. I will have to investigate further.

Cindy McMath said...

Wonderful colour blocking. If I didn’t just have breakfast I’d be hungry - LOL.

Divers and Sundry said...

Balancing the chili heat with the apples sounds like it'd work better for me than just the chilis alone ;) I like the take on "heat" :)