Saturday, June 27, 2020

Scraps of time


I've another spread to share with Halle at Halle's Hobbies, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is A Stitch in Time

I created this in my Scraps altered book because it is made entirely of scraps.

Sewn scraps,

spritzed scraps, paint chip scraps,

and magazine scraps.

I began by laying down the second layer of a three layer napkin/serviette.  As I've noted before, on occasion, some napkins' colors and designs are so strong, they bleed or transfer to the second layer of a napkin.  That was the case for this one I used as my background.

I used five paint chip samples left over from other projects and sewed them in place.  The two flowers in the left spread were from a magazine poster of flowers that attract bees and butterflies.

For the right side, I angled one of the house shaped paint chips and turned it into an arrow.  I had a piece of leftover card stock I had spritzed, then brushed with two of my handmade shimmering mists.  I then sewed the clock I found in a magazine to the card stock.  All pieces were sewn together using variegated thread.

Thanks so very much for joining me today, and I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey

21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful pages Elizabeth, love the sewing, and well done on using more scraps! Have a wonderful weekend, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

I love the sewing, very creative. I can´t even fiddle the thread in! No tiny stuff for me ;-)

Meggymay said...

A fabulous inspiration page, I love how you used these scraps.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful collaged and stitched page Elizabeth!
Happy weekend,
Alison xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely art journal pages Elizabeth.

kathyinozarks said...

Great page and you got to use more scraps
Happy Saturday

DVArtist said...

OK, I love what you have done here. That blue space between the flowers, for me, show a space in time and how fast it goes by. Well done.

Neet said...

Lovely pages Elizabeth. You always inspire me to do stitching but I never do. I just don't know how I would get my journal under the sewing machine. I was wondering if you actually stitched the small pieces and then glue them on? Whatever way you do it these are nice pages.
Love to you and Bleubeard and Squiggles
Neet xx

Lynn Holland said...

I should join in this myself Elizabeth as I love stitching paper on my sewing machine xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the sewing, everything looks good :)

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

PS Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

I love using the bleed through layers of napkins for subtle effects. This is fantastic. It makes a super background for your sewn scraps! A very nice page for Halle's challenge. Hope it's been a nice day. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

I really love the simplicity and the choice of colors. Nice! :)

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and the stitching always adds to the beauty.xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

that is simple and yet imaginatively designed by you in the journal on the subject!I like this.
Nice Sunday greeting Elke

Trillian As said...

It is a wonderful page. It is a good idea to use the second and third layer of napkins. I have to try too.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous pages, I love how you've used napkins in the background and the paint chips are an awesome addition, beautiful stitching too!
Tammy x

Cindy McMath said...

Very pretty pages Elizabeth - as always I’m in awe of your stitching!

Halle said...

Scraps are the best. I love creating with them...pushes you to be more creative I think. Thanks for another great piece for A Stitch in Time!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the background and how you oriented the pieces. Your stitching always adds the perfect touch.

Jeanie said...

I think this theme was made for you, and you can adapt it in so many ways. Scraps are really interesting, aren't they, how they somehow come together so they don't seem like scraps at all!

Thanks so much for all your visits. You leave comments that always make me happy and I love that!