Sunday, June 21, 2020

Monday Murals: at a restaurant


I'd like to begin by wishing all those fathers out there a very happy Father's Day.

Now it's time to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals. Although I'm posting at my regular time, please be aware that Sami's mural link won't go live until 11:01 a.m. my time.

I was culling through my photos I hadn't yet shown, and ran across these.

My foodie friend Sally and I had gone to this Mexican restaurant around Christmas.  I was taking photos of the interior of this restaurant that had moved to this new location a few months earlier.

Technically not murals, 

these were quite unusual.

This mural is on the wall at the new restaurant.  At first, I thought they had moved the mural from their previous location, but I noticed the changes were not just in the color difference,

but subtle (and not so subtle) changes in the design, too.  There's no indication who painted either of these murals.  This restaurant's new location is 1051 North Broadway, Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.


16 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I like it when restaurants have murals. These are bright and cheerful. Have a great day, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely restaurant, and looks very inviting. x

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful ones and weee, do I crave Mexican food now!
Sadly ours has closed down years ago and I never found another good one.
Hmmm, she must feel like a Queen with him singing and playing to her, wonderful.

Mae Travels said...

Comparing the two murals is quite intriguing. I wonder how they did the painting... did they project it on the wall with a projector? Use squared-off paper like the old masters once did? So interesting!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

that was neat that you had a photo of the original to compare. really nice mural

My name is Erika. said...

Nice restaurant murals for sure. The Aztec theme shows up a lot in your area. Maybe it's the same artist? It looks great inside the dining area though. And I also like the serenaid scene, and the lady looks like she is trying to ignore the man with the guitar. Smile. Happy end of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful murals! Such a lovely way to decorate the restaurant too and as you know Mexican food is one of my favourites too 😀. Happy Sunday and wishing you a wonderful new week! Hugs, Jo x

Jeanie said...

I love murals in a restaurant -- these are very nice ones indeed!

DVArtist said...

Really beautiful. On the way to the eye doctor the other day I noticed a mural that was partially hidden on the wall of a cement stair way. There is no place to stop to get a photo. I am going to see if I can find it on line. Have a great Sunday.

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful murals and I bet they add to the ambiance of the restaurant.

Tom said...

...Mexican restaurants in this area have just about no decor, these murals sure jazz the place up. We are opening up, but I will be dining in for quite some time to come! Thanks for sharing, take care.

Rita said...

I actually love the geometric patterns the best. Nice! :)

Bertiebo said...

Lovely painting!

Sami said...

That's a nice mural Elizabeth. There are a few differences from the original one, enough to play "spot the difference", lol.
Thanks for participating in Monday Mural.

Divers and Sundry said...

The serenade scene is so romantic! It adds a lot, I think, when restaurants individualize themselves with these kinds of art pieces.

Caty said...

These murals are very beautiful, I like very much the scene and the happy colours. Thanks so much for sharing.
Have a great new week Elizabeth,
Big hugs, Caty