Wednesday, June 10, 2020

A Time To Fly


Today Bleubeard and I are joining Halle at Halle's Hobbies, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is A Stitch in Time.  After I saw Try it on Tuesday's latest theme, I realized it might fit their Masculine theme, too.

As the blog post suggests, I called this A Time To Fly.  I got the idea for this page from my dear friend Valerie who, in the past, has deconstructed some of her art and used it in other challenges.

I suspect the tag was for a steampunk inspired tag at Tag Tuesday sometime in the past.

I added the clocks to the cogs, an additional strip of clocks, cogs, and a compass so the man knows his way. I didn't realize the color of the strip's substrate would be so different.

I also added some of my handmade shimmering mists

Lots and lots

and lots more sewing ensued.

For this page, I started with a premade and formerly shown tag with what appears to be a steampunk theme.  The tag has now been sewn to part of a used file folder, which in turn has been sewn to a sheet of 110 lb. cardstock.  More clocks were stamped, along with a few shimmering mists.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you joined us today, and we also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey as well as Try it on Tuesday.

25 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a fun piece Elizabeth. Glad you like the idea of de- and re-constructing pieces, it's fun to watch how the pieces change. Have a geat day, it's cold and windy here still, but never mind! Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Very cool page, I´d like a time warp right now!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely design, great colours and beautiful papers.x

CJ Kennedy said...

What a fun piece. I love that flying contraption. Like the gent is in a time machine. Have a great day!

Sami said...

Looks wonderful Elizabeth. Have a great day!

kathyinozarks said...

This is so cool! I love it

Mae Travels said...

The guy riding a balloon-kite-bicycle is really neat! I love old bicycle demonstrations, and hope to see them again when it's possible.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...time sure does fly!!!

Eileen Bergen said...

Very coo page, Elizabeth. I like this one a a lot. Hugs, Eileen

Jeanie said...

I think it fits both! I love the color and the layering of the clocks and the compass thing just works perfectly. This is really a nice piece, Elizabeth. I love that graphic. You know I have a soft spot for bicycles (and those who ride them!)

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous journal page and it fits the TioT and AJJ themes so well. I love the vintage style, the clocks in the background and the bicycle flying machine looks looks amazing.
Stay safe.
vonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning page! I love the vertical strips and how you attached them to the page, and the magnificent man in his flying machine is perfect too ... ha ha 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Wishing you well! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I do like this page. I like the paper layering and stitching. And I especially like the flying machine.It works so well with all those clocks! This is perfect for TIOT as well, as you know. Thanks for joining us, and this is perfect Halle's challenge too. Hope it was a great day. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

I just love the colors on this page. Very cool! :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Really love this page Elizabeth! What a great idea to use your tag in this way! Love the clock background and of course the sewing!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Sandra Cox said...

I love this piece!

Halle said...

Oh my gosh...I love this! The layering is wonderful...all the stitching. An lets not for get the time references. Nicely done!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the design here. Those vertical elements feel uplifting :)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

very nice piece Elizabeth !!! for some reason I'm reminded of a wind chime; maybe because of the design element ???

☺☺♥♥♥♥

craftytrog said...

I love this page, it's fabulous! xx

Lowcarb team member said...

What a great looking page, I like the colours you've used.

All the best Jan

Caty said...

Really Wonderful Art journal page Elizabeth !! I love how you have stiched all the pieces together. Fantastique stamps and colours.
Have a great weekend, big hugs
Caty

Mia said...

Beautiful page, Elizabeth! And yes, it fits perfectly in TIOT challenge!
With my DT hat on:
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Jan’s Digi Stamps with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Jan’s Digi Stamps
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Mia said...

Sorry! Wrong hat!
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Elizabeth, love how you've incorporated all the stitched layers and time pieces giving a lovely worn vintage look for you little man in his flying machine.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Try it on Tuesday,
Avril x