Sunday, April 12, 2020

Hoppy Easter


Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it.

My Easter wishes to you are completely recycled, except for the letters and the embossing powder.  Further, there are rectangles that qualify for Valerie's Geometric Shapes theme at Art Journal Journey

I cut the red used file folder to the size that would fit in my Stress Free altered book. You can see I tried to sew each layer in place.

Embossing powder was hard to see on the used file folder I didn't color left as is, and apparently I double stamped the middle set of rocking rabbits.  I'm claiming they were running to wish you a happy holiday.  You can use your own interpretation and imagination.

All four layers can be seen in this photo.

This is where I broke not ONE, but TWO needles within a few stitches.

Note my watermark shows where I changed needles.  This was the second needle I had broken in two days.  I got no more than two inches and my third needle broke.  Now I wonder if there's something wrong with the alignment of my machine.

Regardless, here is the completed journal page wishing one and all a very HOPPY EASTER.  Materials include a used red file folder, deconstructed and repurposed dark blue card stock, corrugated cardboard torn from a recyclable box, and a used file folder on which I stamped, embossed, and added leftover letters from an old project.  Two layers were sewn using variegated thread.

Bleubeard and I are super happy you stopped by on this special holiday. We hope you will also join us at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Geometric Shapes

This is Day 12 of 22, and I created a journal spread made completely out of recycled and repurposed materials.

23 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a fun page with rocking rabbits, and the sewing is good, but what a pity the machine is breaking the needles. I had a spate of that last year, but just now m machine is behaving....Thanks so much for making another page for AJJ, much appreciated! Enjoy your hoppy Easter and have a great day! Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

So sad you cannot translate English to German 1:1.
My sad neighbour would not understand if I wished him a "Hoppy Easter".
Brilliant, funny idea otherwise! And a "rocky" one, too!
Hope your day is as sunny as ours - cold, though, brrr.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A very Happy & Hoppy Easter to you too Elizabeth, I feel your pain with those machine needles, I only use blunt ones now and tend to tease those stitches slowly by hand in those thicker areas but doesn't it add a beautiful touch to our creations.. Hope it's just a weakness to those needles & not a machine fault. Those rabbits are certainly rocking today!! Wishing you also a super safe day, the sun is shining here again, must make the most of the garden before I get back into the craftroom, the air smells so clean and fresh.
Take care xx Tracey xx

Meggymay said...

First of all a very Hoppy and happy Easter to you . I am loving how you used the rocking rabbit image, it was a super fun idea. We need a little lightness in our lives these days.
The page is inspired and great for valerie's AJJ theme.
I hope you have a supply of needles for your machine, it must make you mad when they keep breaking.
Take care and stay safe my friend.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

Those bunnies are adorable, and the wording made me smile! Sewing machines always break when I sit down at them, so I empathise completely with your needle-breakages. Stay safe, stay well, and happy Easter.
Alison x

RO said...

Such a fun piece of artwork to speak to the holiday, and I'm sorry you had so much trouble with your sewing machine. That sure had to be frustrating, but it still turned out wonderfully! Enjoy your day. I'm going to see if I can find a good movie on Turner Classics today after working on packing and labeling some birthday cards. I just added about 100 that I need to keep in some type of order. Hope your Easter is amazing! Hugs, RO

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hoppy Easter to you, too! I love your wonderful work of art. The stitching, stamping, invisible embossing, everything looks amazing. And I hope you are able to figure out why your sewing machine keeps breaking needles! Happy Easter to you and your family. HUGS!

Karen said...

Happy Easter! Sorry about the needles ~ Good that you had back up! Blessings on your day

Sami said...

A very "hoppy" Easter to you Elizabeth :)

Barbara said...

Broken needles abound here too, but not that often since sewing isn’t my forte these days. I hooe your Easter is very Hoppy! 🐰

My name is Erika. said...

A rocking bunny instead of a rocking horse. How cool is that-and perfect for you. I hope you have a wonderful Easter and a spring like Sunday. I saw on the news some controversy about opening churches in Kansas for the holiday. Did the govenor win that battle or did the courts overrule her? They never said. Hugs-Erika

Sandra Cox said...

Hoppy Easter, dear Elizabeth:)

aussie aNNie said...

Great enjoyable post and fabulous viewing.
Happy Easter.xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Easter! I look the rocking rabbits for spring :) I hope you can figure out what's causing the needle breakage.

DVArtist said...

This is very cute and I love how you created this. Happy Easter.

Mrs.B said...

Hoppy/Happy Easter to you too.
Those little rocking rabbits are so cute and it's a lovely happy page.
There's nothing more frustrating than having needles break in the middle of sewing, hope you can rectify the problem soon.
Avril xx

Jeanie said...

Have a beautiful Easter, Elizabeth. This is a darling holiday greeting and I just love it. (Sorry about the sewing problem!)

craftytrog said...

A lovely Easter page Elizabeth! Hope you had a good day.
Alison xx

Cindy McMath said...

A fun page with lots of great recycling ideas. Hope you had a Hoppy Easter. :)

Rita said...

Breaking two needles right away would make me wonder about my machine alignment, too. I hope it will run okay now. Nice page. Happy Easter! :)

Caty said...

Wowww I loove your Easter page Elizabeth !! Those rocking rabbits are really funny and wonderful. Happy Easter !
I wish you a very nice afternoon, and send big hugs,
Caty

pearshapedcrafting said...

As it is still Easter here - we have Easter Monday as a Bank Holiday - I shall wish you a Happy Easter! This is too cute - love those rockin' bunnies! Hugs, Chrisx

Where To Buy Stamps said...

our social profiles are totally dedicated for stamps purpose, do visit Where to buy stampsx