Saturday, April 11, 2020

More help from one of my friends


After two very long posts two days in a row, I'm sure you will be happy to know I'm once again getting help from a very dear friend: Chris at Pear Shaped Crafting.

Chris came up with a brilliant idea.  She first made a bunting template to send to most people in her apartment complex.  She admitted some individuals would not be physically able to do this, so she made extras. 

According to Chris:
I am suggesting that they use any fabric to hand, be it old clothing, table cloths, handkerchiefs, bedding, drying cloths - even being cheeky and suggesting that if they have nothing else that underwear will do.
Chris further states:
I used all sorts of leftover fabric, including old shirts, fabric left over from some makes for my Granddaughter, an old cushion cover and some fabric that I bought and never found a use for!
Per Chris, she and:
some of the Messy day group have made enough for everyone and some to spare.
Chris's original plan was to hang the buntings on trees for Easter, but the apartment manager told Chris she could provide enough string so every apartment could hang their own buntings on their balconies.

Chris already has hers waving proudly on her balcony and she tells me hers is not the only bunting to go up, as others have gotten into the spirit of the event.  Chris's final thought:
Hopefully it will make an interesting sight for those that pass here or live nearby too!
Please check out Chris's blog post and thank her for sharing this great recycling idea.  It's truly the best birthday gift she could possibly give me.  I promise, she'll have lots more photos on her blog.

This is day 11 of 22, which means we are half way through our recycling efforts this year.  Thankfully, my dear friend provided the recycling post today and it is fabulous.  I bet several of you will make a bunting to grace your own porches and balconies, too!  Please visit her blog for the entire article.

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

The bunting looks pretty, nice idea. You could make some for your porch! Have a lovely day. I wanted to ask you something but I've forgotten what....I'll ask again when I remember it. Stay safe, Valerie

J said...

Morning Elizabeth, it’s a great idea and looks very pretty.

You mentioned when you commented on my blog yesterday you had broken your needles, I had the same problem, I decided when I had all the folds in place to sew away from the thick part first, top to bottom so it was secure and then go along each fold, side ways if you get my meaning, that way my needle didn’t have to cope with too much material at once.

Hope you managed to finish them, it certainly taxed my brain as I’m not good at sewing

Have a great weekend , jan x

Iris Flavia said...

I made them of paper.
We have the phone cable from the main door all the way to Hubby´s work place and I simply "covered" them in those :-)
No one even asks, they just see the happy stuff and smile.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I just realised that I haven't added the letter that was sent out! It really is cheering folk up - as yet no one has used their underwear! Take care,hugs, Chrisx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous display of buntings....enjoy your Easter Sunday x

RO said...

What a great and fun idea! Hugs, RO

Barbara said...

Very happy and festive.we need those things!

My name is Erika. said...

How cool is that. And what a super idea. I really like how it looks on her apartment balcony. Happy Saturday. Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

I love the idea of a bunting. That's such a cool idea and so fun for her to do that.

Happy Easter,Elizabeth!

Divers and Sundry said...

This whole mess does include people reaching out with kindness and solidarity. That's sweet to see :)

Eileen Bergen said...

Wonderful idea for this difficult Easter season. Kudos to Chris. Thanks for sharing her very thoughtful idea. Eileen xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks so festive. Love it!

Karen said...

Fantastic, colorful, and Happy idea!

Words and Pictures said...

What a great idea from Chris... it must look so festive where she lives now! I'll be back to catch up on all your recycling very soon - and I'm about to start working on my throwdown page spread in the coming week!
Alison x

Sami said...

What a lovely idea :)

Rita said...

Cute idea! Someone put up hearts on our front door at the apartment complex. It's so cheery! :) Happy Easter.

Meggymay said...

I thought I had called in here on the day you posted this, so sorry I am late. It was a super recycling idea that Chris came up with and I'm think her neighbours would have liked seeing the results and how cheerful everywhere looked..
Yvonne xx

Caty said...

The buntings are gorgeous !! You have got a lot of fabric, different, and so happy. I wish you a very nice afternoon,
Big big hugs, Caty

pearshapedcrafting said...

I had a call from one of the Messy Day ladies on Saturday to say she couldn't make her own let alone for anyone else - she has hurt her arm- so I quickly made her one on Saturday Evening and popped round to put it up - luckily she is on the ground floor so did it secretly and then rang her! We wish we could get together for coffee! Hugs, Chrisx