Thursday, April 23, 2020

Another recycled project




In case you can't tell, I'm still in recycle mode.  Bits of decades old wallpaper, combined with vintage sheet music (1936) are added to what I'm calling the "off cuts" from a used file folder after I cut it to make index sized cards.  I keep asking myself why buy index cards when I can use these used file folders. 

Today I'm joining Valerie and her team of tag makers at Tag Tuesday with this tag I created finished just a few minutes ago,

Since Valerie's theme is Anything Goes, I decided to make a mixed media hodge podge tag.

Wallpaper, rubber stamps,

vintage sheet music,

and two pieces I picked up off my floor, were sewn together using variegated thread.
For this tag, I began with a piece of leftover used file folder.  To that I sewed a vintage piece of wallpaper, vintage sheet music, as well as a circle and a square I found under my chair on the floor.  I sewed it all together using variegated thread.  Then I used two rubber stamps and filled in the areas in between the sewing. 

I'm thankful that Valerie gave us the opportunity to chose our theme for this tag.  It was actually lots of fun.  I'm also thankful you chose to stop by today.  I guess we all had a lot of cake and party hats yesterday, so it's great you are back today.  I also hope to see you at Tag Tuesday.

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

That's great idea for a tag, a bit of everything, great way to use up scraps. Tags are always a great way to use up small pieces or try out new ideas. Hope you enjoyed your big day yesterday. Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! Take care, Valerie

Barbara said...

I love the smallest things, like your off-cut file folder with old wall paper and sheet music. I think that is perfect as is, so attractive in its simplicity. 😊

Karen said...

Great Tag collage ~ and a nice recycle wallpaper. Enjoy your day!

Nancy said...

Wonderful tag! I like sheet music and stitching in nearly any paper project. Well done.

craftytrog said...

I love this Elizabeth, it's fabulous! X

Meggymay said...

There is a lot to see in this fabulous tag. I love how you add the stitching, it seems to connect all the pieces together.
Stay safe,
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Lovely! The vintage wallpaper and music are wonderful items to've had on-hand :)

kathyinozarks said...

I love your tag Elizabeth

Jeanie said...

Well, of course you know I love Paris, so of course I love the tag! It's very nice with the music.

DVArtist said...

Very nicely done. Makes me want to sing in French. LOL

My name is Erika. said...

You're right. If you have file folders use them. This tag is amazing. Very cool stamp I especially like the vintage wallpaper bit. It adds such great texture and vintage style. Hugs-Erika

pinky said...

Your tag is just wonderful!! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

Sami said...

Your Paris pages are beautiful. I just had my French lesson last night, we do it through Zoom nowadays.

Caty said...

This is a Wonderful tag Elizabeth !! Love those bits of old paper, and the way you have sewed them together. Your stamps are great, specially the eiffel stamp.
I wish you a very nice weekend, take care, and big hugsss
Caty

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful tag - love the old papers and of course, the sewing and the Eiffel Tower!!! Oh! We should have been in Paris for Tony's birthday but we just watched a documentary DVD about it instead! Hugs, Chrisx

Cindy McMath said...

This is so pretty Elizabeth! I enjoyed my trip to Paris a few years ago and am not sorry I waited in line for two hours to go up the Eiffel Tower - the view was spectacular!

Words and Pictures said...

That's a lovely vintage collage - hodge podge if you like... you say potato! The stitching detail is delightful, and I love the musical Eiffel Tower and the romance of the pink flowery papers in the background. Everyone seems to have file folders but me... not sure why that is, but yes, if they're there, why not use them?!
Alison x

Where To Buy Stamps said...

For extreme buy stamps tips do check our profile Where to buy stamps tips for women