Sunday, March 1, 2020

We're going green in March


March is here and we have a new host at Art Journal Journey.  It's our second time host, the lovely Eileen whose blog is The Artful Crafter.  For March, we're going green.  That means the color Green.

For this I'm opening with my March, 2020 blank calendar.   You can probably see the green is well represented by the shamrocks, the Leprechauns, and a pot of gold thrown in.

This is the left side of the calendar.

This is the right side.  I've already added a ton of shamrock stickers and a few other green bits to meet Eileen's green requirements.

I actually LIKE this new format.  I have more room to write my day's activity (remember, this is NOT a planner, but a calendar reminding me of everything I did that day).  The only thing I DON'T LIKE about it, is I have to photograph it as a whole, or scan individual pages at the end of the month.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled that you visited today.  We hope you will join Eileen, Yvonne, Erika, Bleubeard, and me this month at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by the color Green.  Please be aware, we want to see your altered book pages, journal pages, loose journal art, canvases, fabric pages, and digital art.  However, we cannot accept cards, ATCs, ATCoins, tags, or 3-D art, and will be forced to delete your entry.

21 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

Great ideas you come up with, like this calendar...fabulous. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks re the info on the virus. Read that it was from contaminated bat soup...yikes revolting just the thought of it. Yes, I do get flu shots each year and neumo one every five years. Last year I was away for 6 weeks and spent the time in bed and doctors, hubby had to house sit where we were...yes, always keep hand sanitizer on hand and when pushing the shopping trolly.... like it is unavoidable really. Keep safe, well and craft..xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely new planner, have fun filling it. Have a great March, Valerie

Eileen Bergen said...

What a great way to kick off the month, Elizabeth. I love all the little green stickers. Thanks for joining in my "Green" theme. Have a wonderful March. Eileen xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

great calendar!!! beautiful the stickers!!!
some things to do in March!
Have a happy March, Elke

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Elizabeth it looks like you have the month planned with precision I do envy your organisation. I only hope one day I will be as organised as you.
Looking forward to the month ahead & getting more crafty days.
Here's to a Happy & Healthy March.. Hugs Tracey xx

Iris Flavia said...

Green :-)
Please, do, come visit us! Green wall right here.
Or when you come in. Or where we do laundry.

And hopefully soon outside, too!

Meggymay said...

I like the look of your new fantastic calendar diary and the way you have added all the interesting stickers and shamrocks for this month. A super start for the new AJJ theme. The Leprechauns are looking happy a new month dawning and spring at last on the way. I think the ring binder format is a great idea as well.
Yvonne xx

Karen said...

I love this idea! I really would like to try this too if you don't mind ~ It's creative and a fun way to see what you've done in a month ~ Love your Green accents and your pot of gold :)

magiceye said...

Interesting.

CJ Kennedy said...

A happy month full of possibilities!

Divers and Sundry said...

Green is great for March :) It looks like a good calendar system. I'm glad you've found something you're happy with.

My name is Erika. said...

I think you gave us some fun sneak peeks of green this month with your calendar Elizabeth. It would be nice to really believe spring is going to arrive, but at least the date with officially arrive. We have the cold that we had in New Mexico now. Love the green shamrocks though on your calendar. very fun. And I am guessing you linked me up. Thank you so much! Happy new month. Hugs-Erika

Sami said...

Nice start to the "green month". Enjoy it Elizabeth.

froebelsternchen said...

Your new calendar format looks suuuuuper!
Happy start of March , happy AJJ!

Susi xxx

DVArtist said...

Love your planner. I too have to right things down. For all of you who read this. COVID 19 still has to be determined how it started. The main suspect is a Pangolin.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the green theme …
Have a great month.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

You are so organised with your calendar for the month of March. I wonder if Bleubeard will get a mention somewhere?
Love your little figures all ready for St Patrick's Day. I remember, on my visits to America, the stores being full of Irish themed things in January. Not something we see over here as much.
Good luck with filling it all in day by day.
Hugs Neet xx

Jeanie said...

I think you'll like the new calendar with more room to create. Love the shamrocks!

RO said...

I really love this new calendar that you're using a lot, and yay for all those really fun green stickers, and your overall theme. Wouldn't it be great if we can find that pot of gold sitting on our front porch one day in March?(lol) I also like your subtle mention of food with those utensils.(lol) Isn't it fun decorating for a new month? Hugs, RO

craftytrog said...

I love your leprechaun themed calendar Elizabeth! xx