Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Luck


Today I'm joining Eileen whose blog is The Artful Crafter.  She is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Green

Of course, I'm still in recycle mode, and my background reflects that.

In case you need to translate: "Luck

favors the

lucky."

Grasses 

can't hide the lucky four-leaf clover.

For this page, I began with a large security envelope I deconstructed and glued to a sheet of 110 lb card stock.  I used both water soluble crayons and watercolor pencils to create the shamrock.  Unfortunately, I used too much water and it caused the thin security paper to pill (ball up in spots).  I sewed the outline of the stem and the grasses with variegated threads.  I then printed the sentiment, colored using water soluble crayons, and sewed the words using the same thread.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled that you visited today. We hope you will also join us at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by the color Green.
 

24 thoughtful remarks:

Karen said...

Great recycling! ~ the "grasses" out of thread are very effective ~

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is lovely Elizabeth.

nwilliams6 said...

Some great recycling, sewing, and thinking! Super cool creation, Elizabeth. I so need to be doing some sewing on my creations.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love how you stitched the grasses, great idea on your green page. Have a great day, Valerie

Amy Aed said...

This is very cool, I like it a lot!

Barbara said...

Very clever! Balled up in spots or not, it’s an effective clover. I love the saying, so true! Lol.,

Barbara said...

PS...meant to add I also love the effectiveness of the grass, and that your clover is not dead center. This simpler design has a lot going for it.

sirkkis said...

Wonderful and original!
Hugs xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous recycling here, love the gorgeous clover.xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Nice. I really like the thread grasses. Very effective

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like the big shamrock! Fun page and I have a few luck themed pages to share too. They work well with green (usually) though. Happy Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

Perfect for green, and for March! Love the thread on the stem -- nice texture.

Eileen Bergen said...

Is that an original quote Elizabeth? It sounds like you. Love all your stitching. Thank you for sharing it on Art Journal Journey. Eileen xx

Cindy McMath said...

Love the stitching on this. Great page all together and of course wonderful recycling. And that quote! How true. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

The sewing in this amazes me! Those grasses are wonderful. I don't know how you manage including the sewn elements in your pages. Beautiful!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth; this is so neat !!!! I like everything about this piece, the sentiment, the design, the colors used ....great job !!

bleu N squiggles, speekin oh grazz; we hope itz nice enuff at yur houz ta see sum oh de green stuff !! :) ☺☺♥♥

craftytrog said...

I love this page Elizabeth! The stitching is a wonderful idea.
Alison xx

froebelsternchen said...

I love your sewn grass and the shamrock you painted! So well done and the colours are all together so beautiful!
Amazing!!
Susi xxx

kathyinozarks said...

I love all the sewing on your page-I need to find me some watercolor crayons-sound fun to create with.
Happy Wednesday

Elkes Lebensglück said...

very nice green page!!!
Greetings elke

Meggymay said...

I hope the clover will bring you lots of luck, its a fabulous page and I love how you used the stitching. Super package recycling as well.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

I love the different shades of variegated cotton you have used to create the grasses. Very effective. I thought it was a sampler on a piece of fabric when I first looked. I like how you use sewing in such a lot of your work, something I need to try myself as it always pleases me to see what you have done.
hugs, neet xx

Words and Pictures said...

I love the grid background from the recycled envelope - what a great starting place for your lucky clover. The stitched grasses and stem are fabulous, and the soft greens are perfect for spring - a treat!
Alison x

Caty said...

OOhh great Art page Elizabeth !! Love how you have recycled the age, so beautiful flower and grass.
Hope you have a great Weekend,
Biiig hugs, Caty