Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Oh Happy Day!


This journal entry I've made for Art Journal Journey certainly didn't turn out like I planned it in my head.

It even chose its own name, too.

Of course, there are several Hearts, which is my theme at Art Journal Journey this month.  And because Try it on Tuesday's theme is Share the Love, I'll be joining them, too.

This is one of those pages that started out one way,

then chose to go a different way.

I believe we've all had that happen to us at least once in our artistic lives.

For this journal page, I began with a sheet of 110 lb. card stock to which I attempted to spray several of my pastel handmade shimmering mists.  When they didn't want to spray properly, I took out the darker mists that I knew would spray.  It changed the entire tone of the background.  Next, I laid down the thin washi tape with arrows that would provide the perimeter of the piece.  More washi tape came next, including the tape with the words "Oh Happy Day."  I cut each piece to be progressively longer.   I used dye ink to make the yellow and two turquoise hearts.  I used copper staples, along with glue stick to add the large heart.  I used a gel pen to create three hearts in the upper portion of the perimeter.  Finally, I added the two turquoise hearts to the top left of the page.

Thanks beyond belief for stopping by today. Your visits mean the world to me.  I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesday

23 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun and colourful page. My things never turn out as I plan, the end result is always a surprise, but that's life!! Have a great day, I need to make an early start for some examinations at the hospital. Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Well, it makes me happy!
Love the camera and key and certainly the bright yellow heart!
And now I feel I could sing along (the neighbours sure hope I don´t!).

Helen said...

I rarely plan my pages, just go with the flow (or not, depending on the spray!!) Thanks for dropping by earlier - hair is the same colour as the first red I had, but it's starting to fade a bit now - and no bright sun to make it look brighter than it did. thanks for the visit

aussie aNNie said...

we have visions in our head but they never turn out the same, but this is just beautiful..love the hearts.x

My name is Erika. said...

Isn't it funny how art takes a life of its own? This piece wanted to be happy and it is. It is actually quite joyful to see on a cold Wednesday morning. The yellow is so warm. That alone is good. This is a super pge my friend. And thanks for linking up to Try It On Tuesday also. Have a great Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

A delightfully, happy page. Fun how a project starts out one way in your head and ends up a different way. Enjoy your day

DVArtist said...

I don't know what the plan was for this but it turned out FABULOUSLY!! I love this.

kathyinozarks said...

I think your page turned out great too-I never plan a page-I have a few things around to use and then just go for it and it ends up however. lol I love all the colors and textures in your piece hugs Kathy

Sami said...

Even thought it wasn't what you had planned it turned out very well Elizabeth. Love the yellow heart!

froebelsternchen said...

I adore this delightful page! Just makes one happy!
Big hugs,
Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

I like how you arranged the pieces on this happy, colorful page. I've never heard of copper staples. That's a fun touch!

Mrs.B said...

This might not have been what you intended, but it's a lovely colourful page. I don't there are many of us who actually create what was in the mind's eye at the beginning of a project, but as long as we are happy at the end, that's all that counts.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday,
Avril xx

Jeanie said...

I love the cheerful colors. It's a fun page.

On another note, your care package went in the mail today. I think it's supposed to arrive on Monday so let me know if it doesn't and I'll send the tracking number.

Sandra Cox said...

This piece definitely represents a happy day. How are you feeling, my dear?

Rita said...

Whenever I do any kind of art it never turns out like I pictured it. This ended up really pretty. :)

Meggymay said...

I'm late calling in yet again, but oh my goodness this page did give me a happy feeling. I am humming the tune as well. It may have taken a different path to the one you intended but it ended up a wonderful inspiring page.
I am so happy you linked with us at TioT's as well.
Yvonne xx

Cindy McMath said...

Ooh this turned out well, even though it was not the way you planned it. Some of my favourite pieces are vastly different than the image that I started within my head (and many don’t even start with a plan, but that’s another story). Love the bright colours.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's a happy piece, and the yellow heart so colourful.

All the best Jan

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Gorgeous art piece Elizabeth.

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! I love the fresh colours and the "oh happy days" washi tape made me smile - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Unknown said...

If you're trying to lose fat then you need to get on this totally brand new personalized keto meal plan.

To create this service, certified nutritionists, fitness couches, and professional chefs united to develop keto meal plans that are useful, suitable, economically-efficient, and enjoyable.

Since their launch in January 2019, 1000's of individuals have already transformed their figure and well-being with the benefits a smart keto meal plan can provide.

Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-certified ones given by the keto meal plan.

Blog27999 said...

According to Stanford Medical, It is indeed the one and ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh an average of 42 pounds less than us.

(By the way, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some hard exercise and absolutely EVERYTHING related to "HOW" they are eating.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

TAP this link to uncover if this quick quiz can help you decipher your real weight loss potential

Unknown said...

If you're trying hard to lose pounds then you have to start using this brand new custom keto meal plan.

To create this keto diet service, certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and professional chefs have joined together to produce keto meal plans that are effective, decent, cost-efficient, and delightful.

Since their first launch in early 2019, 100's of people have already completely transformed their body and health with the benefits a good keto meal plan can give.

Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-tested ones offered by the keto meal plan.