Thursday, February 6, 2020

Making the impossible possible


Who doesn't love butterflies?  I certainly do.

But since I'm hosting Art Journal Journey this month, my theme is not

butterflies,

but Hearts

And because Try it on Tuesday's theme is Share the Love, I'll be joining them, too.

In retrospect, I should have called it "Butterfly Love," but instead chose Love makes the impossible, possible.

This started out as a sheet of 110 lb card stock.  I suspect some of you are shaking your head and asking why I didn't chose watercolor paper instead.  I bought a package of 200 sheets of card stock and only have 14 sheets of watercolor paper left. I'm saving the watercolor paper for art I make for friends.  I don't mind that the card stock is wrinkled, bent, and wonky from the handmade shimmering mists I used to create the butterfly that was misted through a stencil.

I originally wanted the heart white, then realized it was lost on the nearly white background.  I got out my Twinkling H2Os and colored in the heart.  Still not enough, I sewed variegated thread twice around the heart.

For the computer generated sentiment, sewn to the page, I colored it also using one of my mists.

I'm really pleased you stopped by today.  Your visits mean the world to me.  I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesday.

21 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous hearts, love the stitching as well.xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous piece, love the sewn heart. nice colours, too. Have a happy day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

That´s a beautiful saying and wee. One day I might try sewing!!
Yes. The best is always kept for others, I know what you mean, I´m the same ;-)

Rosie said...

A wonderful piece

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Elkes Lebensglück said...

this is great with the sewing machine a nice pattern sewn and painted with color on the side!
greetings Elke

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely! And yes, I understand saving the "good" paper.

Sandra Cox said...

Look at that butterfly! Love it.
I wish you felt better. Have you seen a doctor?

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the sewn thread elements. It's fun seeing the variety that comes from the heart theme :)

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I love butterflies, too. And adding the heart is such a nice touch. Love the pink and purple color scheme as well.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

I like the butterfly; it reminds me of tie dye !!! :) ☺☺♥♥

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful page Elizabeth I love the butterfly and the heart hugs Kathy

DVArtist said...

Wow this turned out beautifully. I do love butterflies.

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous page Elizabeth, I love the effects you achieved with the colours you used, the heart looks beautiful with the added stitching. I was so happy to see this at Try it on Tuesdays as well as great inspiration for our Art Journal Journey theme.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I think you nailed abstract art. This is really happy and summery for a snowy winter day. Adding the stitch heart (and quote) really changed the whole page-in a very good way. Thanks also for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday! Much appreciated. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

This is gorgeous, I love the stitched heart! xx

Cindy McMath said...

A very pretty page. The butterfly is so loose and the stitched heart is great too!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like butterflies and hearts :)

All the best Jan

froebelsternchen said...

F*A*B*U*L*O*U*S !!!

Words and Pictures said...

I love the softness of the misted butterfly image, and the stitching around the heart is just right to catch the eye. I think the distorted paper adds to the texture - a lovely, light and airy page.
Alison x

Blog27999 said...

If you're looking to burn fat then you certainly have to try this brand new tailor-made keto diet.

To create this keto diet service, licensed nutritionists, fitness trainers, and top chefs have united to produce keto meal plans that are efficient, painless, price-efficient, and delicious.

From their first launch in 2019, hundreds of clients have already remodeled their figure and health with the benefits a certified keto diet can provide.

Speaking of benefits; clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-tested ones given by the keto diet.

Blogger said...

In this manner my friend Wesley Virgin's tale launches in this shocking and controversial VIDEO.

As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he revealed hidden, "mind control" tactics that the government and others used to get whatever they want.

As it turns out, these are the EXACT same SECRETS many celebrities (especially those who "come out of nowhere") and the greatest business people used to become wealthy and successful.

You probably know that you utilize only 10% of your brain.

That's because most of your brain's power is UNCONSCIOUS.

Maybe this conversation has even occurred INSIDE OF YOUR very own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head 7 years ago, while riding a non-registered, trash bucket of a car without a driver's license and $3 on his banking card.

"I'm so frustrated with going through life check to check! When will I get my big break?"

You've been a part of those those questions, right?

Your success story is waiting to start. You just need to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

WATCH WESLEY SPEAK NOW