Sunday, February 9, 2020

Heart on her sleeve


Bleubeard and I are back with another Hearts inspired Art Journal Journey entry.

I was so lucky to be able to get all these new fluid acrylics on sale a few months ago. For this spread I chose Pyrrole red.  These acrylics are well worth the cost, because they have so much pigment, they can be watered down and still not lose their intense color.  I also used my black dye ink and a wood mounted red rubber stamp I purchased on clearance a few years ago.

Once I added the sentiment and moved it to the dining room table to be photographed,

I lost most of the color, which is more like what you saw in the first photo above.

I tried to make it appear I pinned the heart to the sleeve.

Unfortunately, I tore the sentiment as I was gluing it to the background.  I obviously didn't allow it to dry before adding glue to the reverse side of the sentiment.

Although I painted the heart before I added it to the page, only one side was covered.  I didn't notice until later that part of it didn't get glued properly.

For this spread, I began with a sheet of 110 lb card stock to which I added red fluid acrylic paint, some of which I watered down.  I then stamped the focal image, colored and cut a red heart and placed it on the sleeve of the dress.  Finally, I added the sentiment. 

Thanks beyond belief for joining me todayI appreciate you stopping by and following along on this adventure with me.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by my theme which is Hearts.

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Another fun page E! Great stamp, too. Have a good Sunday, Valerie

Helen said...

fun page.
yes, I think the centrepiece is meant to be a volcano erupting. you didn't read about the rarity of the blue orchids from me, I just gushed about the colour lol
I don't think they mean to imply that the varieties of orchids come exclusively from the places they feature, just they pick a country for a theme -so yes, the orchids do all look the same as previous years, because they are. And yes, the orchids in the cool room are similar to the rest of the POW (it's called the cool orchid room because it's one of the zones in the POW and isn't kept tropically hot like some of the others.) hope that helps.

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth, WOW!
What more to add (haha, hear me out)?
This is awesome.
I so wish I could read those instructions and sew.
See how some teachers can ruin it all for a life-time? She was a horror and we had to sew with thick materials, I hated it so much I was the only girl to go over to the boys working with wood.
I regret it now (not enough to try again, though (yet)...).

Beautiful work!

Neet said...

Another great idea to inspire us with your theme of 'hearts'. I should imagine if the heart is only pinned to the sleeve there is every chance of it turning up at the point so I thought that was deliberate.
Golden paints - take a lot of beating - as you say, full of pigment and worth every penny.
Hugs to you all
Neet xx

nwilliams6 said...

Very fun. I try hard not to wear mine on my sleave, but I think I wear disapproval and other things there and need to tidy that up. Fun page. Love it!

CJ Kennedy said...

Not only did she pin her heart on her sleeve, but the heart looks like the sleeve to the dress she is sewing. Very clever.

Sami said...

A nice collection of "heart" journal pages Elizabeth.
Have a great Sunday :)

DVArtist said...

Ooohhhh I am loving the red in this. Great piece for sure.

Sandra Cox said...

This is purrfect! I always love black and red contrasts.

Sandra Cox said...

PS Are you taking your Vit C?

Divers and Sundry said...

You are so good with stamps, and adding that heart and phrase... Perfect!

froebelsternchen said...

A fun and beautiful page - you are so clever!
Happy start of the new week ahead!
Hugs Susi

Meggymay said...

A great stamp to use for the page. I love how she wears her heart on her sleeve a super sentiment for you page, your background look good to me and the darker red really draws the eye. You are sharing fantastic inspiration pages for your theme.
Yvonne xx.

My name is Erika. said...

When I finished my little idiom book yesterday I made a page with this quote. Great minds must really think alike. Smile. I really like this page and how you used a sewing theme image with it. GReat page. Happy start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Cute stamp and perfect sentiment! :)

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant stamping with the hearts..x

kathyinozarks said...

I love this page-especially that stamp-what an awesome stamp find.
Happy Monday hugs

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I can hardly keep up with your hearty creativity! I really like this...I have a similar depress form and never once thought to use it like this. And I l o v e that red!

Blogger said...

As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is really the one and ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years more and weigh on average 19 KG less than us.

(Just so you know, it is not about genetics or some secret-exercise and EVERYTHING to about "how" they are eating.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", not "what"...

Click this link to find out if this short questionnaire can help you find out your true weight loss potential