Monday, February 10, 2020

The International Heart


You may have noticed that Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month, with our theme Hearts.  We're also joining the fabulous mixed media artists at Try it on Tuesday where their theme is Share the Love.

Today we give you The International Heart.

There are all sorts of languages, 

including German, Russian, French, Spanish, Chinese, and shorthand.

They are the language of the heart.









For this spread, I began by creating one of my favorite background techniques using a tiny cup of 91% Isopropyl alcohol and several drops of Staz-on reinkers.  I cut a heart out of card stock (110 lb) and added pages from various international books I've purchased over the years.  I computer generated the words The International Heart and, using a metallic gel pen, I wrote the words Language of the heart on a piece of scrap card stock that had been dipped in the alcohol/ink mix.  I then glued the heart and the words to the page.

Thank you so very much for visiting today.  I am always grateful when you drop by, even though I may not always say it.  I hope you also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Hearts and Try it on Tuesday with their Share the Love theme.

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

An interesting page with the various languages. Looks like you are having fun with your theme. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Love how you have done this, interesting..x

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, Elizabeth, I love this!
I can even READ this (it´s the old German) - now I´d really like to know what happened to the woman! ;-)

Oh! I doubt my Nieces will learn to read this! Wow, I am old :-) And I love that!
And my French. Huhhh. My teacher would make me SIT and LEARN! It´s mostly gone!

You have so much material, I really do feel like a kiddo with my two painting thingies... LOL. Or.. is it to laugh about?

I enjoyed your work immensly!
It just shows how life should be!
We might speak different languages but in the end we are one heart.
Beautiful message.
I have a poster right here. Freddie Mercury´s words (well, actually the text is by Brian May, certainly!!!) "Love of my life" in a heart shape.
Every time I enter the room I look at it.

Thank you, your work is truly awesome.
So needed, also politically.

I´d find a place for it here in a second! Yes. Right wehn you enter our condo. Feel welcome, from where ever you are! Don´t look in the bathroom (the door is in the cellar), but at the heart! ;-)

Cath Wilson said...

I love languages, Elisabeth, so this is close to my heart ;-)
Love the thinking behind this...we're all one.
Cath x

My name is Erika. said...

This is really really clever. I like this international heart and maybe a bigger theme with it. How cool to have these international newspapers to use, and I also enjoy the different colors they have-I am guessing due to age-but it creates a really nice effect. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

nwilliams6 said...

I love the thought of an in international heart! Wouldn't be wonderful if we all had one? Very creative and sweet. TFS!

R's Rue said...

Tres belle

craftytrog said...

I adore your collaged heart Elizabeth! A wonderful page!
Alison xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Clever idea. We may speak different languages, but the language of the heart is the same.

Mia said...

Wow, Elizabeth! What a gorgeous idea! What a lovely collage! I love this heart! FABULOUS! Kisses!!!

kathyinozarks said...

Such an awesome idea Elizabeth-I love it happy Monday hugs Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

Cool! I love the depth. Your focus on the international aspect of love is perfect for an internet-based community.

Dortesjs said...

I HEART this alot ;O))

Cloudia said...

Why thank you

Meggymay said...

Oh my this is a brilliant idea for your theme. i love how you used the different languages to create this fantastic page and heart. The heart will be able to translate the love you have shared today.
Thank you for joining us all over at Try it on Tuesdays as well.
Yvonne xx

sheila 77 said...

"The International Heart"! As I said in another comment, you are so ingenious with so many different ideas and I love the way you tell ue exactly how you make your unique pieces.
Love from Sheila to you and Bleubeard, and to Squiggles too, of course.

Jeanie said...

I love this piece so very much, Elizabeth. I love the thought behind it, the title, all the elements and of course the finished piece. It's simply beautiful -- and at a time like this, we need that international heart-love so much.

Mrs.B said...

Looks like you're really having run with you theme at AJJ, you've had some brilliant ideas and I'm pleased you've been sharing them with us at TioT.
Avril xx

Unknown said...

As stated by Stanford Medical, It's indeed the SINGLE reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh on average 19 kilos lighter than us.

(And really, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and EVERYTHING to do with "how" they are eating.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", not "what"...

CLICK this link to find out if this easy test can help you find out your real weight loss possibilities