Sunday, December 8, 2019

Monday Murals: Robots


I had to miss last Monday Murals because my first of the month commitment to Art Journal Journey.  I was also quite late visiting several people two weeks ago because my computer's power supply was fried during a power outage in my neighborhood.  It took several days to get back online, much to my chagrin.

Today I'm joining Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals. Although I'm posting at my regular time, please be aware that Sami's mural linky won't go live until 10:00 a.m. my time.

I was actually looking for another mural when I stumbled onto this one.


The central figures remind me

of Chibi robots.






The weeds nearly covered the sign that this mural was created for Avenue Art Days

by Brickmob.  This mural can be found at 150 N. Cleveland on the south side of the Workroom in Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.


23 thoughtful remarks:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Morning Elizabeth, what a great display of wall art. Isn't it amazing how so much detail can be achieved with a limited colour palette. Clean and clear images, i'd love to be given the opportunity to create on a canvas so large.
Biggest area I have ever worked on is a Bedroom wall back in the 80's with a larger than life Sid Vicious.. Happy days.
Thanks for sharing Elizabeth, off to see some more with a cuppa in that mug you loved. Tracey xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely mural, great colours. Have a nice day, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

wow love this mural, gorgeous post.xx

Iris Flavia said...

A tragic one. Hubby tried to sew for me, it did not work and in the end... big frustration on both sides...
But well done, those murals! Sewing machines are robots - with their own will..

CJ Kennedy said...

The Chibi robots are adorable!

Nancy said...

Quite a complex design on this one! Very colorful and vibrant.

craftytrog said...

Fantastic wall art Elizabeth!
Wishing you a happy Sunday & new week ahead.
Alison xx

Sami said...

Quite a fun mural Elizabeth, love the vibrant colours too.
Thanks for contributing.

kathyinozarks said...

Your area has some awesome murals-Loving this one too-Happy Sunday

Sandra Cox said...

Ha. Fun mural.
Sorry you've been having computer issues. That's the pits.
AND...so glad you to hear you are feeling better, dear Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

Fun! That's a real stand-out :)

Tom said...

...being so out of the loop, I'm not sure what this is, but my grandkids will be here this afternoon. They surely will be able to clue their clueless grandfather in! It sure has a lot of details and color!

Susan Kane said...

Murals must be demanding! These are amazing.

Klara said...

super cute.

Barbara said...

So many murals are amazing, don’t know how you find them all. Just catching up here, I seem to be slowing down in blogland.

Meggymay said...

If robots can be cute these ones certainly look friendly. Its a super piece of wall art. Its good that there weren't to many cars parked when you took the photos.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun mural. I like the theme and the colors are so bright and happy. Those are really cute robots for sure. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Comically weird--LOL! :)

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

Definitely a fun mural to get me off to a happy day

Bertiebo said...

Never heard of Chibi obots,but I like these

Jeanie said...

Doing that one was quite the accomplishment!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what amazing murals! Did you see Banksy has a new one out, I'll be featuring it next T Day on my blog for you to see 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

RO said...

Wow! Such colorful and creative artwork! I can just imagine how long it took to put this together. What fun!Hugs, RO