Monday, December 9, 2019

How she got here


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I thought I would share another Art Journal Journey entry using Yvonne, aka Meggymay's theme which is Words and Numbers.  And because this entire journal entry is made from scraps, some taken from my neighbor's trash, I'm joining Moo-Mania and More's challenge this fortnight which is Use your scraps

This is the story of the young female mathematician who was surrounded by many males who were in the same kindergarten class.

They had to first learn to count their numbers

and write them legibly

before they could move on to 

differential equations, or diff-e-que as we called it in school.

I started this journal entry with a recycled file folder.  I added a page from an old calculus workbook.  I found these handout sheets of "children" in my neighbor's trash.  I dug them out when I got the idea to create this journal entry.  I cut three of the images from the worksheet to use in my art.  Once I began assembling the page, the story came to life.  Almost like art imitating my own life, although like most females, I didn't start out liking numbers like the girl in the story did.  The sentiment was written using a blue Deco Arts pen on scraps of lavender paper.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled that you stopped by today.  Your visits mean the world to us.  We hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey as well as Moo-Mania and More.


15 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Oh! When a Monday morning starts like this, oh! :-)
We call it "Infinitesimalrechnung" and it was a pain.
Very clever done, though! I love it!

Valerie-Jael said...

A fun and original page Elizabeth. Have a great week. Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

P.S. I only now read your comment on my Christmas Market-post. What I meant: In your own garden, ask neighbours you can trust bring some food and trees, have some fun. In Germany laws are thankfully strict, too (and yet we have food scandals here, brrr).
Our neighbours from the other house, to our dismay, do this nearly every weekend in summer. With food, music, decoration, sadly very loud ;-)

My name is Erika. said...

How true. Nice page. I like how you used to the 2 very different levels of math for the number part of this challenge. And just curious, can you do that equation? HUgs-Erika

sirkkis said...

A fun story board. Creative!
Have a nice week ahead xx

craftytrog said...

What a fun page Elizabeth! I always preferred maths, I hated writing essays in other subjects!
Wishing you a happy new week,
Alison xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun page. You go, girl!

Divers and Sundry said...

A true story! And one that needs to be told. Preach it! :)

Dortesjs said...

lol lol true true

froebelsternchen said...

What a fun page! Super! Thank you for joining Moo Mania & More! Have a great week Elizabeth!
Susi xxx

Meggymay said...

Wow a fantastic page made with found items. I love the back story as well. She she will be a very good mathematician when she gets older after a good start like this. The maths on the background paper looks very advanced to me, I say good for any girl who is gifted and has a background love of numbers.
IT is an awesome page for the AJJ theme.
Yvonne xx

Cindy McMath said...

What a fun page. Of course because of my last night I had lots of bad jokes by pretty much every math teacher I had in school. I liked math well enough and got good grades, but I had to work at it. It was certainly not my calling. I was always more of a writer.

Jeanie said...

This is delightful! I loved how you told the story. I never would have thought of this topic and it's a timely one!

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fun page and I loved hearing the background story too 😀. I hope you had a lovely weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That is very fun , great journal!!!
Greeting Elke