Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas


Today is Christmas the world over, and Santa is working overtime to send good cheer.  I'm also working to share a page from my Challenges Too altered book using Yvonne, aka Meggymay's theme Words and Numbers.  She of course is this month's host at Art Journal Journey.

Santa hopes you've been nice,

or all those gifts he's carrying in his sleigh

and on foot through the snow, will be wasted and undelivered.

He sees you when you're sleeping.

He wants to wish you and everyone a very Merry Christmas.  As an aside, once I photographed this, Santa looks a bit like a lecherous old man to me.

Santa took time to play a dice game.

It just goes to show I have to stamp something three times before it is legible.

For this page in my altered book, I started by laying down two Yahtzee score sheets.  On one I added the name Santa in green metallic gel pen.   I tore a piece of Christmas holly scrapbook paper and layered it over the score sheet.  For the next layer, I added the computer generated words I printed on red copier/printer paper.  For the final layer, I added the three images of Santa I've had for years in my stash.  Finally, I added the date stamp, a gift from Valerie, which took three times to be completely legible.

Thank you beyond belief for joining me today.  I know many of you are joining family and sharing good times and a lavish meal.  I am always grateful for your friendship and wish you a joyous, safe, healthy, and gift filled Christmas.  I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey.

23 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

As a kid I was always terrified of Santa! Lovely journal page. Merry Christmas to you and the boys, have a wonderful day, Valerie.🎅🤶👼

froebelsternchen said...

Merry Christmas !
A beautiful page Elizabeth!
Susi xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fabulous page for the day Elizabeth, I love all the traditional ephemera. Merry merry Christmas Hugs Tracey xx
P.S Do not worry yourself about the name... I do it often xx

Gerrina said...

Merry christmas too you! Thanks for your comment and I hope you have lovely days with your loved ones!
It is great to see how you used the challenge with the words and numbers; it seems so hard for me to use both on a page... but I'll give it a try later; love the challenges you and your teamies give us!

Iris Flavia said...

Santa visited me on 23rd already, you can, if you like, see about that tomorrow.
The old man stretches Christmas!
And my Nieces, as all kids in Germany get a visit on 24th, that man has to make arrangements!
Oh, just remember all the Santas you met? Once a friend of my Dad showed up in a brown leather coat (and fake white beard) - not very trutworthy!
But I was still a tad afraid of him. We even have it on film, I think, he made me shake his hand, ohhhh, HELP!

A Merry, Happy Christmas to you today, hope you were a "Good girl" (unlike my Niece ;-)...)

craftytrog said...

Merry Christmas Elizabeth!
Your pages are wonderfully festive, I've just been scrolling! Lovely to see your decorations, and Bleubeard all snug in his bed.
Alison xx

Meggymay said...

A really special page for today, You are amazing with all your ideas for the AJJ theme .
Happy Christmas Elizabeth, Bleubeard and Squiggles. I hope the big guy called in last night and you are having a lovely day today.
Yvonne xx

Mia said...

Merry Christmas, Elizabeth!!!!!!

CJ Kennedy said...

A wonderful page. I like the idea of Santa playing some of the games. Like giving them a test run. Merry Christmas to you and the fur babies.

Divers and Sundry said...

lol He just looks grandfatherly to me :) Merry Christmas!

Sandra Cox said...

Merry Christmas, dear friend.
(The baby is coming home today:)

Rita said...

Merry Christmas, Elizabeth!! :)

My name is Erika. said...

Merry Christmas Elizabeth, although it is a bit later in the day and maybe by the time you read this Christmas Day will be over. I like your holiday page, although you are right about some of these older vintage Santa images. They are a bit scary actually, but times change I guess. I hope you had a great day and enjoyed some holiday cheer. Hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

Merry Christmas! I love your altered book page, Elizabeth. So vintage and your use of the Yahtzee score sheet is fun! :). I don’t know why, but your blog is the only one of the t party gang, that I can comment on from my iPad, and that is all I have for now..

Neet said...

Love the traditional pictures of Father Christmas but have never thought of him being as you said - now I will look at them and maybe wonder. (Big smile)
The first thing that hit me was the game of Yahtzee, I used to love playing it and we have a set of the somewhere and I think I ended up printing sheets off, years ago as you can tell, on the Gestetner at school. Gosh your post is evoking some memories.
Hope you three have had a lovely day.
Lots of Christmas Hugs to you all, Neet xx

Darla said...

A belated but heart felt Merry Christmas to you my friend. I enjoy following your pages that relate to challenges. You are so good at finding the perfect art to meet the requirements.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I hope you had a lovely Christmas Day Elizabeth! I love your journal page! Now we have settled down a bit I am hoping to get back to some crafting, blogging and some blog visiting! Hugs, CHrisxx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year, Elizabeth! Hope it's been good! Ok, I hope you do not mind, I Pinned your page. I think it is fab! Would work great in either an eltered book or junk journal! I always love anything vintage and quirky! xoxo

Cindy McMath said...

Great page! I love the addition of Yahtzee as I mentioned in your newer post my mum and I played Yahtzee almost every time I visited her. We had lots of laughs and visited while we played. It’s one of those fun games you don’t really have to concentrate on. I have another friend who likes to play this while we chat too. Unfortunately my son doesn’t enjoy the game. I also saw your snow pics. We haven’t had any snot yet (knock wood). I hope it warms up a bit for you and you and the boys are keeping warm indoors. Xo

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful pages! I love the vintage images that you used 😁. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Happy holidays! Hugs, Jo x

RO said...

That Christmas spread is quite clever and creative! I'd like to think that I was nice this year, but Santa may have other thoughts. (lol) Hugs, RO

Caty said...

This is a so so gorgeous Art page Elizabeth !! I looove it, love the score sheets, the name of Santa in metallic gel, all the great layers, and the stamps. Really frantastic !
I wish you a very Happy New Year dear friend, enjoy this time, and I send biiig hugs , Caty

Jeanie said...

I love Santa's cheer in this page. It's terrific and filled with seasonal fun!