Thursday, September 26, 2019

Repeating patterns


I'm joining Erika, aka Bio Art Gal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her themes polka dots, stripes, plaids, and patterns.

Today I have a journal page with several repeating patterns.  You'll be glad to see read this is the last of this scrapbook paper.  I had two sheets of it when I started making patterns this month.

By now I'm sure you've heard me say I'm driven by color.

I tried my best to color these hearts similar colors to the background.

I even tried to match the button colors, too.

A few close-ups.


For this page, I began with a sheet of 12 X 12 inch (30,48 centimeter) square symmetrical scrapbook paper that I cut to 8.5 X 11 inch (21,59 X 27,94 centimeter) size.   I then cut various hearts that I had colored yellow, orange, and turquoise.  I then arranged then in repeating patterns.  I interspersed the hearts with star buttons, also in a repeating pattern.  I used three glue dots on each heart because I didn't want to use glue.  The scrapbook paper was quite thin, and I was afraid if I used glue stick on the hearts it would warp the page terribly.  I also used glue dots to adhere the buttons.

Thank you beyond belief for spending part of your day with me.  Please join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey, too.  We'd love to see you there. 


23 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Heartly and beautiful :-)
The pattern and colors remind me of the wonderful 70´s, too!
I still have a 70´s phone in that orange (not working).

Valerie-Jael said...

A very bright and colourful patterned page. Have a great day, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this Elizabeth-the colours and the pattern have cheered me up this morning! We are off to the caravan today where I hope to have some time to catch up with everything! Hugs, Chrisx

Sandra Cox said...

Your patterns have just been grand. And this is no exception.

froebelsternchen said...

This is so colourful and cheers me up today !
Wonderful entry for Erika's topic! You rock Elizabeth!
Happy day!
Susi xxx

My name is Erika. said...

You have so many patterns here, and they are super! Very very nice page my friend. I love the colors and all the patterns and happy hearts. Thanks again for your support this month. You have made some amazing pieces. Happy Thursday. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Reminds me of a cozy quilt. I think your colors blend well with the background. Love the star buttons. So cute.

kathyinozarks said...

This is beautiful Elizabeth I don't usually like loads of colors but I like the pattern and colors here

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

This is a great page, Elizabeth. I have books and books of dated patterned papers. I wish I'd thought of using them for this challenge. You made a silk purse out of a sow's ear! Eileen xx

Darla said...

A bright cheery piece. I really like the addition of the buttons. Just the perfect detail.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is lovely Elizabeth. I like the hearts. And when did you visit Fayerweather Island Lighthouse? Small world, right? :-)

Divers and Sundry said...

More squares! I like these square patterns. You're able to get so much out of them.

Jeanie said...

I love what you have been doing with the pattern challenge, both yesterdays and today's. The hearts and colors are such fun and look so well on the squares!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Computer Tutor said...

Kind of like tessellations (which I always misspell--there! Fixed it!). I love those, especially finding them in nature.

Cindy McMath said...

Another lovely page Elizabeth! I think this pattern theme is right up your alley. I love the bright colours and the way you’ve arranged the hearts and stars in repeating pattern with colours from the background. Beautiful!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

this is really neat Elizabeth; bright; cheery and looks 3 D even !!! very nice work :)

bleu N squiggles....wavez ta ya both frum uz in de land oh trout....hope ewe both iz soooper grate !! ☺☺☺♥♥♥

Barbara said...

It’s so cheerful, makes me smile!

Caty said...

Gorgeous Art journal page Elizabeth !! I looove this lovely pattern paper, it´s so colourful, so happy, and sooo tender! You´ve created a fantastic page, the hearts are lovely and the stars so cute. Congratulations!
I wish you a very nice Friday, and send big hugss
Caty

Rita said...

Pretty! Love the cute little star buttons. :)

Powdered Toast Man said...

I want that as my bedspread.

aussie aNNie said...

A post full of wonderful colours, like that.
Enjoy your weekend.x

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Fab use of patterns!