Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Boxed in!


I'm once again joining Erika, aka Bio Art Gal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her themes polka dots, stripes, plaids, and patterns.

I call this Boxed in

because of the various boxes and how they are stacked.

In order to carry out the polka dot theme, I stamped some circles by using the eraser of a pencil.

I also used the lid of a felt pen to create the circles with the tiny dot in the center.

Then of course, there were the boxes on which the little TH paper doll was sitting.




For this page, I started in my new altered book I'm now calling "Stress Free Challenges," because there is the word stress in the book title.  To cover the chart on the page, I spritzed my handmade shimmering mists and cut a piece of 110 lb card stock to fit the page.  I stamped a couple of stamps on the page, then applied the stickers.  This was a slow and tedious task trying to get them to align correctly, and I was off in several places, but I thought the boxes stacked well overall.  Once the boxes were adhered and sufficiently held in place, I added the paper doll.

Thank you beyond belief for joining Bleubeard and me today.  I hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey, too.
 

21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, love the colours and patterns. I visited a friend who is moving at the weekend, and had to sit on boxes there, as the furniture was already gone - but you boxes are much prettier. Have a nice day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I love polka dots, too!

This is beautiful!

froebelsternchen said...

Fun an fabulous Elizabeth! Thank you for joining in at AJJ again! Much appreciated dear Co.-Admin! Big hugs and happy Wednesday, Susi

aussie aNNie said...

wow this is just so awesome, love the little girl sitting on the blocks.x

My name is Erika. said...

These dots are awesome Elizabeth. I love the design and those squares are amazing! This is a fabulous page and I really appreciate your support this month. Thanks so much for not only this piece but all the awesome art. Have a super Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Wow awesome page Elizabeth-I really like this one

CJ Kennedy said...

Your wonderful page brought back a happy memory. Reminded me of the time I was 4 yrs old and Dad was shopping for a Polaroid Land camera. The salesman was showing Dad the camera. Picked me up and sat me among a display of luggage and took my picture to show Dad how the camera worked. The luggage wasn't as colorful as the boxes on your page. Enjoy your day.

Sami said...

Lovely background Elizabeth. Have a lovely day :)

Barbara said...

I’m with the rest, this one is special. I can see that it took a lot of imagination to come up with this design. I love the thought of using a pencil eraser to stamp with, and I will keep that in the back of my mind. I also love your background!

Jeanie said...

I love everything about this one, Elizabeth. I love the colors, the technique, the squares of the background and the contrast with the circles and the wonderful image. She's a gem. Beautiful work!

Mia said...

Really beautiful, Elizabeth. The paper dolls is getting some rest on the boxes! And I love the sprayed background. Kisses!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the boxes, the designs and colors on them, and the pattern you placed them in. The paper doll looks like she was made to sit there :)

Cindy McMath said...

Well you know I would love this page since it has all those circles! I also love the composition with the girl sitting on some of the blocks - just lovely! The colours are fun and fabulous!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

this turned out great Elizabeth !! very nice; everything about this page really pops !! ☺☺♥♥

Meggymay said...

It was a great idea to create your page using boxes, it looks fantastic. The young girl, must be wondering what they all contain.
Yvonne xx

Sandra Cox said...

Love the polka blocks and the little girl sitting on them.

Rita said...

Cute, fun page! :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

"Boxed in" - I love it, Elizabeth! I like the asymmetrical balance against the (sort of) white space. Eileen xx

Darla said...

(Catching up) I like this page very much Elizabeth. The colors are great and the layout has a kind of balance that appeals to me.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I love this one Elizabeth. Great background for those squares, and I like the vintage girl.

Caty said...

This is absolutely A-MA-ZING Elizabeth !! I really loove your handmade shimmering mists, the colours are fantastic, as the stamps too. Those happy boxes are great, love how you have aligned them, and the little girl is so beautiful on the boxes. Great Page !
i wish you a very nice Friday, and send big hugsss
Caty