Saturday, August 31, 2019

August complete and September ready, along with a final entry for AJJ


It's time to share my monthly calendar.   August is complete, but I have no idea why I chose those flowers for August.  If you want to see how boring my life is, feel free to read the minutia.  As I've mentioned in the past, I fill out my calendar page each evening, so that's why I decided to share a cute animal sticker for the 31st.

September, 2019 is ready to be written in.  When I think of September, I think of apple picking time.  Since I had an apple stamp, it was the logical choice for my decoration.

Since my calendar pages are so wimpy compared to several of my friends calendars, I have one final entry at Art Journal Journey where Gill of Gibby Frogett Craftations has been this month's host.  In case you didn't know by now, her theme is Anything With Eyes.

In case you need to translate, it reads "I have my eye on you!"

When I first saw this eye, I was taken by it.  I scanned it, then printed it on my laser printer.

I decided to cut around it, but after I had cut no more than 1/4 of the way around, I regretted my decision.  It took me forever to cut it out, and of course, I had to rest my hand several times.

I love how the iris shows the white spot.

It really draws you into the image.

For this page, I started by cutting the eye I had scanned and printed.  When finished, I  assembled the very simple entry onto black construction paper, then included the sentiment I chose for the entry.

Thanks for spending a few minutes with me today as you looked at my wimpy calendar, as well as my final entry this month at Art Journal Journey. I also want to take this opportunity to thank Gill for her excellent hosting skills this month.  Not only did she offer some incredible journal pages, she was great at welcoming others to the AJJ party.  Thanks again, Gill.


20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I like our b/w journal page, and yes, it must have been hard to cut out. The big, eye and the sentiment is rather sinister. I had a teacher at school who always said that to me, and I didn't like it! Great calendar, too. Have a fun Saturday, Valerie

Gibby Frogett said...

Thanks for yet another fabulous page on my theme Elizabeth.
Thats a striking eye (I would have struggled cuting that out too ) it has that 'big brother' is watching you feel to it.
Thanks for all the support and lovely comments this month..
and despite a sunny august and bit of a heatwave I did have a fun month :)
Have a great weekend....
Gill x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely calendar pages Elizabeth. September is good apple picking and cider drinking time. I like your eye artwork.

Smudge said...

The eye artwork is wonderful, and that eye sure is mesmerizing. Happy weekend, y'all.

Mae Travels said...

Your "eye" image looks lovely but no one would know you put in so much work. I guess that's the secret to good art.

Coincidence: in another context my post for today also showed my calendar for next week.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the way you cut out the eye. like it's peeking through a hole in the page.

Meggymay said...

Gosh it must have taken a while to fussy cut the eye, and looks so good against the dark background, its a fabulous page. I liked your calendar diary pages as well, mine are just plain at the moment, I will, eventually get them decorated.
Have a good rest of the weekend.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

The Eye theme is really a good one for you. You're finding some really remarkable images and put them together so well!

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great piece of art to end the month with! That is a great eye. It was a fun month of art for sure. I stopped keeping my monthly calendar in August, just never felt like doing it, so yours is way better than mine because mine is a blank page! Happy last day of the month. hugs-Erika

Sami said...

I liked the August flower stamp and the Apple flower stamp for September.
You always manage to do so much and complete your calendar.
Have a lovely weekend Elizabeth :)

Divers and Sundry said...

No turning back once you've committed to a task like that lol but I do like that peering eye. I'm choosing to see a loving intent behind that watchful gaze ;)

froebelsternchen said...

Wow that eye is striking, what an amazing final page Masteradmin!
What a month of wonderful art Elizabeth and you know I am in awe of your finishing those calendars always.
Happy evening!
Susi xxx

Barbara said...

Your calendar surely confirms you are one busy lady. You are being watched! ;)

Cindy McMath said...

Great eye themed page - I love the great contrast of black and white works (of course I also love colour!). And I always enjoy your calendar pages. My calendar sits on my computer, directing my daily schedule. On the weekends I try not to have too many things scheduled - I like to play it by ear.

Rita said...

It's always so nice to have an empty prepared fresh calendar page. I just got my September ready in my bullet journal. :)

Cutting around that eye--just hurt looking at it for me right now--LOL! You persevered!

Have a nice Labor Day! :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Kudos to you, Elizabeth, I know that fussy cutting is not your favorite thing to do and is painful, but you did a great job despite the pain. I probably need to keep a daily activity log of some sort, if only to reflect on each day and be able to look up what my memory fails me on. But I can't even keep to do lists anymore. I forget to look at them, haha. xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

I think the eye is amazing.
Well done on all the cutting!

All the best Jan

RO said...

That eye is very cool, and my goodness you were busy! I can't believe it's already September. Yay for the reminder to Party on August 12, too!(lol) Glad you were able to vote! Hugs, RO

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your pages - the apples are a brilliant choice for this month! I am looking forward to fresh local apples - in Summer most of ours come from New Zealand! Great Eye page! Chrisx

Birgit said...

This is a great page and that eye is mesmerizing. I like the basic black and white