Sunday, July 28, 2019

Tuscany, part 2


I'm once again joining Chris at Pear Shaped Crafting, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme We're all/going.  And because Try it on Tuesday's fortnightly theme is Splatters and Splodges, I'm once again joining their challenge, too.  For someone who isn't known for using splatters, I seem to be on a roll.

In case you missed part 1 of our visit to Tuscany, you can see it here

This is the second day we visited this area in central Italy.

Yesterday was all about the coast,

while today is all about the Tuscan countryside where farms dot the landscape.   Many of these include vineyards, famous for award wining Chianti wines.

It's also about the tiny towns in the Tuscan interior that sport incredible architecture

and sun drenched shops that sell award winning wine, cheese, meat, chocolate and more!

I began this spread splattering various handmade shimmering mists on a sheet of 9 X 12 inch black construction paper.  Once the splatters were dry, I added the two focal images I found in two different travel brochures, and three strips of multi-colored washi tape.  Computer generated words were colored using a water soluble crayon.

Thank you beyond belief for visiting today.  I also hope you will join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey as well as Try it on Tuesday.
 

20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great page, wonderful splashes and splotches. Have a nice day, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Amazing! You made AJJ and TioT happy again dear Elizabeth! This background is out of this world beautiful!

Susi xxx

RO said...

Any reason to stop off for chocolate is a good one for me (lol), and I totally adore the colorful washi tape! Hugs and Happy Sunday! RO

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I've been enjoying seeing your travel journal art pages Elizabeth. This is another nice one.

CJ Kennedy said...

Your dark background really shows off the images and makes them pop. I really like the striped washi tape like an Italian Aurora Borealis

My name is Erika. said...

I'm ready to go back to Tuscany. That would be a nice autumn trip. (probably nicer than going back to school and being cooped up inside all day) And thanks again for joining us at Try It on Tuesday with another cool page. Your slatters today almost look like some of those space nebula photos you see. It all works together well! Happy Sunday. Hugs-Erika

Gibby Frogett said...

As always - fabulous and interesting pages Elizabeth.
You find the most wonderful images :)
Happy Sunday.... Gill x

Meggymay said...

I think you are enjoying using splatters and splodges. Its a fabulous page and I would love to see those places in Tuscany for real. Thank you for your support and linking to our TioT's theme.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I hadn't seen you first visit to Tuscany (which hadn't been linked) and then I saw the Netherlands pages (which have)! This is so like the scenery we saw from the train in Tuscany a few years ago! I love the spattered background! Thank you for joining both Try It On Tuesday again and for your continued support for my 'We're all going' theme at Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Chrisxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Super informative post and a place I would love to visit, Thank you for taking me there today Elizabeth. That washi is a great contrast of colour. I smiled about the splats, I love using them but always end up with more on me than the page intended and at times think it would be more productive to show what was on me rather than the page hee hee!!
Wishing you a fabulous week, sorry not been around much, busy life & intense heat are not an easy combination to try and juggle online time as well.
Hugs Tracey xx

Cindy McMath said...

Lovely page Elizabeth - those shimmering mists show up so well on the black paper. It looks very much like night sky here. Again you’re giving me the desire to travel!

aussie aNNie said...

Looks so good fabulous post, got to go walk with Monte..xx..

Words and Pictures said...

It's clear you're enjoying your splatters! Love this combination of bright sunny landscapes and townscapes with the mysteries of the night sky in the background. What a great page.
Alison x

Halle said...

These are great. Are they going to be part of your 7 continents book?

craftytrog said...

Love the splashy background! Great page Elizabeth, and I've always wanted to visit Tuscany.
Alison xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful … Who could not like Tuscany!

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

Whenever I see trees like that I think "Tuscan trees." Even though I've never been there!

Marjut said...

Beautiful page. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

Mrs.B said...

Thank you for part 2, I've really enjoyed my visit to Tuscany.
Thanks again for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Super page! I love Tuscany and the black background with the splatters and splodges looks amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Jo x