Sunday, June 23, 2019

The 10 Percenters


I'm once again joining Halle at Halle's Hobbies, who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Words to live by.

It looks like these sister are reacting to something happy or quite funny.

Although I have NO idea who said it, I love this quote:
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.
Wouldn't it be great to be this happy all the time?

They may even be ready to jump for joy.

I started this spread using 110 lb card stock.  The size is 8.5 X 11 inches which is close to A4 in other countries.   I first stamped the eye chart image using Staz-on.  I then sprayed and spritzed lots of colors of my handmade shimmering mists onto the card stock.  Once dry, I laid down layers of washi tape for the paper doll girls to stand on, although they shifted a bit before I had them completely situated.  Finally, I added the computer generated text.

Thanks for taking time to visit Bleubeard and me today.  We hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Words to live by, too.  

21 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

This is the truest quote ever ! A wonderful page dear Elizabeth with this fabulous background and the composition is superb with the lovely twins! And yet another fantastic entry for Halle's super topic!
Have a great Sunday!
Be happy!!

Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful colours on your page!

Helen said...

great page!

Sami said...

Love the background colours and the great quote.
Have a lovely Sunday Elizabeth.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely artwork Elizabeth. It would be great to be that happy all of the time.

RO said...

The colors are perfect, and that quote is one to remember for sure! Hugs...RO

CJ Kennedy said...

A happy page. I think the little girls are up to some mischief especially on this sunny day

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm going to find your tutorial for making the handmade shimmering mists. I always love your backgrounds.

Oh, ho! I found it easily :) Thanks! http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2015/02/you-asked-for-it-here-it-is-again.html

sirkkis said...

Lovely joyful page. Love the girls and quote 😍

Sandra said...

I love it! And isn't it the truth.

kathyinozarks said...

I love this-another great quote
Happy Sunday

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wonderful journal page, Elizabeth. xoxo

Cindy McMath said...

I love this Elizabeth! Beautiful background, lovely sentiment, and such sweet little girls. Love it alll!

My name is Erika. said...

This is another great page and another super quote. How true. I love these last couple of colorful backgrounds you have been making. Hugs-Erika

Halle said...

Love the colors and the quote. So true! The girls you chose were very well suited too!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning page! I love the background that you created, the colours and splatters look spectacular 😀. Such a great quote too, so true! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Creative wishes! Jo x

Jeanie said...

Best quote ever! I love the piece, Elizabeth. You gave it loads of texture with the spackles and the little girls are so darned cute!

Words and Pictures said...

Never a truer word spoken... brilliant words on a brilliant page. The explosions of colour are wonderful, especially with that glimmer catching them in the light, and the mischievous expressions on the girls' faces are so much fun.
Alison x

craftytrog said...

A fabulous page Elizabeth, I love the inky background and that great quote!
Alison xx

Lowcarb team member said...

This is brilliant, and such wonderful colours on your page :)

All the best Jan

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

So true! Great page, Elizabeth. I just got a bargain on a bunch of some small spray bottles. I have no idea how to store them after creating my spray mists. maybe a low-sided box. Any suggestions welcome. Eileen xx