Saturday, June 22, 2019

Creating yourself


I'm once again joining Halle at Halle's Hobbies,

our host this month at Art Journal Journey whose theme is Words to live by.

These are definitely words to live by.

According to George Bernard Shaw:

Life is not about finding yourself.
Life is about creating yourself.
I believe that is what the man on the horse has done.

I started by spraying three of my handmade shimmering mists on a sheet of white 110 lb. card stock.  I had the quote before I had the focal image.  When I saw the image, I was struck by how the frozen fields had a harlequin pattern, similar to the one I had chosen as an embellishment.  The other element was part of a puzzle left over from an index card I had worked on.  Next, I sewed the elements to the page using variegated thread.  Finally, I colored the quote using water soluble crayons and sewed it to the assembly.

Thanks beyond belief for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  We hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Words to live by, too.

16 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a great quote on your page today. Have a great weekend, Valerie

Neet said...

Indeed a great quote-and a lovely picture to go with it. You can lose yourself in this page Elizabeth, what a terrific main picture.
Hugs, Neet xx

Cath Wilson said...

Nice quote, Elisabeth - love it. Super page, with lots of interest and a great isolation image...it would be lovely to be there, secluded and calm :-)
Sorry I'm not around much at the moment - health problems are keeping me quiet and seriously interfering with the things I love to do:-(
Cath x

CJ Kennedy said...

Great interpretation of the quote.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fantastic page. I think that man has a gorgeous place to ride. And for me it is inspiring as I am heading to that kind of country in just a few days. More to come about that next post. I like the addition of the crossword puzzle and how it works with the quote about creating yourself. Hope your journey was for something good and your internet holds up as well as your weather. Saw you might be in for a few storms. Hugs-Erika

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful quote and images for it Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

Loving the Shaw quote :) and the image of the person alone in that landscape :)

Jeanie said...

That's a wonderful page! and I really do like the quote (and the crossword puzzle, too!)

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful artsy and impressive page dear Elizabeth! wow! You rock Halle's topic with your wonderful ideas and pages! Thank you for all your hard work you put in this motnh's challenge again!
Oh yes, sorry that I didn't mention that I got both of your answer emails, thank you!!! The last one I got as well! I just can't send anything to you!
Hubby and I updated my windowas and thunderbird today, I will try again from my ordinary adress...we will see! As you got emails from others it can't be a problem at your end - it must be mine! I will get rid of it!
Big hugs and happy Saturday!

Susi

kathyinozarks said...

I love this piece and the quote for sure.
Happy Saturday

Mia said...

Amazing page, Elizabeth, and a super quote! Kisses, my friend.

Sharon Madson said...

I love the quote on your page. Elizabeth, I really admire that you sew on your pages! I just don’t get along with sewing machines, although I sometime do sew on a project. Great creation!

Birgit said...

Love the quote and the journal page with that cowboy looking towards the future

Halle said...

Great quote esp for your man on the horse. Thanks for another great entry for AJJ!

Let's Art Journal said...

Another wonderful page! The view looking our to the mountains is beautiful and reminds me of our travels to America when we stayed at a ranch in Wyoming for a week, such fun 😁. Thanks for the momories and have a wonderful day! Hugs, Jo x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Wonderful page! I love the image of the cowboy sitting in the foreground looking for something that will create himself. Eileen xx