Saturday, May 11, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies: Red


My internet friends CJ and Kathy are part of this meme where you post your all time favorite films.   I'm not sure I have more than about FOUR favorite films, but I have films I have seen that I can share.  However, unlike CJ, who says the meme cites there is no need to explain why you like the film, I prefer the way my internet friend Birgit reviews films (always hilarious, often irreverent, occasionally off color, and fun to read).  Her synopses are not to be missed.

Today I'm reviewing one of those films I gladly watch every time it comes on cable tv.

This is the movie poster.  Any film that stars Bruce Willis rates high on my list of films I love.  We all know how much I love Die Hard!!

This is the story of a Retired, Extremely Dangerous former CIA agent played by Willis.  This film was released in 2010.  There is a follow up RED 2, but I like the original best.

Rotten Tomatoes has a great synopsis that is better than any I could give:
Frank, Joe, Marvin and Victoria used to be the CIA's top agents, but the secrets they know just made them the Agency's top targets. Now framed for assassination, they must use all of their collective cunning, experience and teamwork to stay one step ahead of their deadly pursuers and stay alive. To stop the operation, the team embarks on an impossible, cross-country mission to break into the top-secret CIA headquarters, where they will uncover one of the biggest conspiracies and cover-ups in government history.
This film is shown often on cable tv and may be on the internet.  If you like action, humor, and Bruce Willis, you will LOVE this film.  Helen Mirren is not to be missed, either.

I hope you liked my pick this week, although some of you may not like the action.   Thanks for joining me for Saturday afternoon at the movies.
 

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you have a film that you can enjoy. Helen Mirren is a good actress. Hope the water stays away and have a good weekend, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Oh yes - I LOVE this film as well! Great choice Elizabeth!
Susi xxx

froebelsternchen said...

And to yeseterday's post now:

I so hope the water levels go down very soon in your area - that is so sad to read - I wished I could help you!
You are a herb growing fairy and I love to see your herbs in this post - I din't know that when cilantro goes to seed the seeds are coriander.
I LOVE coriander and I love cilantro. It seems like coriander is the second generation of cilantro..isn't this exciting?! WOW!
Wish you a wonderful Saturday!

Lots of LOVE and LIGHT from
Susi

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Elizabeth! I have never seen this one, but we love Bruce Willis and enjoyed all of the Die Hard movies, so we will definitely be looking this one up! Thanks for the cool review!
And I want to thank you so very much for your wonderful visit to my blog. All of your thoughtful comments were very much appreciated! HUGS to you, my friend! Sharon

Meggymay said...

A great film choice, it is a real good one.
Yvonne xx

Sami said...

I remember the name, but can't remember if I watched it. Will be on the lookout Elizabeth.
Have a lovely weekend and hope the water problems in your basement are over.

CJ Kennedy said...

This was a fun movie!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I don't think I saw this movie, but I like Bruce Willis movies, and this one sounds good. (I also hope you've gotten all of the water out of your basement.)

My name is Erika. said...

This is a good one for sure. We have it on DVD and put it on every now and again to watch. Reds 2 is also a good one. Nice pick! And happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

excellent choice and Red 2 great chemistry with these actors-actress

Divers and Sundry said...

I got such a kick out of this movie!

Caty said...

Great movie Elizabeth !! Like these actors very much.
I hope you won´t have any more problem with the basement, and all is allright.
I wish you a very nice weedend,
Big hugs, Caty

pearshapedcrafting said...

Yes Elizabeth! Bruce Willis films are always worth watching! I seem to remember the reviews for this weren't so good in the UK, but I enjoyed it too! Hugs, Chrisx

Rita said...

I remember this as being pretty good! :)

Eileen Bergen said...

We're Bruce Willis fans too. We love both Die Hard and RED. Eileen xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I can't believe it was back in 2010 when this film was released. I saw it some time ago and I enjoyed it. Never watched RED 2 though.

All the best Jan

Birgit said...

I'm late posting here but I just re-watched this movie again this past weekend! I love it-it is so smart and quite funny. I love John Malkovich in these flicks

MovieBox Profession said...

good

MovieBox Profession said...

MovieBox is an application that helps me watch the best movies for free every day. MovieBox is always updated with the best movies, the most attractive TV shows. You can download the MovieBox at the homepage https://movieboxprofession.com/