Monday, April 29, 2019

Heading to London


Only on paper, of course!!!  Today is my final entry to share with Wendy from Wendy's Art and Craft Journal who is our host at Art Journal Journey this month.  Her theme, Having Fun is what I had when I created this post.

Today we take in the sites and sounds of London and the London area.

Let's see if we can find royalty.


At night, we'll take in a live show.

Then we'll hop on a red double decker bus and travel to Hampton Court.

In case you need translation:
A visit to London, the Royalty, the nightlife, and close by, Hampton Court, on the Thames.

I treated the sentiment with splotches of shimmering mists the same as I treated the substrate.

 
For this journal entry, I began with 110 lb card stock to which I spritzed my homemade shimmering mists.  I cut three images from three very different travel brochures, then sewed them to the substrate using variegated thread.  Computer generated text I also spritzed was sewn in place, then I added bits of washi tape because I thought the page lacked interest and needed something more.

Thank you beyond belief for joining me today.  I am so grateful for your support.  Please also join me at Art Journal Journey

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, love the sewing. Have a great week, Valerie

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

This is gorgeous! I love it! I love anything to do with London, so it grabbed me right away. Love the overall effect.

Marfi-topia said...

Gorgeous as always..I just love when you sew on paper. Great images.

My name is Erika. said...

I am about to call you a jet setter-hee-hee. First Italy and now London, shall I pack my bags? Too bad it is back to school this morning so I can't join you on this leg of the journey until the weekend. Nice page and it would be fun to go someplace far away. Hope you have a great Monday. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

I LOVE London ..and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your page ..and the words fit my first trip to London so very well...I visited Hampton Court - a 3 hours trip with the ship ....and we didn't sleep these 4 days as we made sightseeing during day and enjoyed the night life and pubs during nignt...lol.
I had to sleep after this trip (30 years ago)for a very long time afterwards...lol!
My second time in 2014 there with my teenager daughter was exhausting as well as she shopped more than it was good for me beside of the sight seeing we did...lol.
So I decided to visit London at least one more time and will just do sightseeing by my own.....
for sure!


Happy new week dear Elizabeth!
Hugs, Susi

Cath Wilson said...

The washi tape works well, Elisabeth. I like this - not that I'm ultra keen on visiting London, lol, but I'm a Brit and not very fond of cities, these days, unless I'm there for a specific purpose. Great pics...maybe you should have included a cat, so you could use the nursery rhyme? Pussycat pussycat, where have you been? I've been to London to look at the Queen... lol. Sorry - my mind is going off at a tangent ;-)
Have a lovely week!
Cath x

CJ Kennedy said...

That would be a fun trip. Though I think I'd rather take a side trip to Stratford-on-Avon to catch some Shakespeare instead of Les Mis. I'm not big into musicals. Have a great day!

Halle said...

What a fun page! Love how the green contrasts with the images so well.
I sent you an email...hope you got it. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I like your spritzed background. I need to be on the look-out for a little spray bottle :)

Jeanie said...

Definitely part of the London I know and love!

Caty said...

Woooow... we go to London !! That ´s wonderful Elizabeth, I love to travel with you !! You always Amaze me !! Your Art page is really Gorgeous !! Love the lovely background and your shimmering mists, you are the queen of shimmering mists ! Love these gorgeous sewed photographs and quote, and the washi tape gives the page a special interest for sure. Congratulations !
I´m waiting to see where we ´ll travel next time ♥
I wish you a very nice afternoon, and send you big hugs,
Caty

J said...

Hi Elizabeth, your artwork is lovely and great photos. I love the colours and the sewing, I’ve never tried that.

I must say I don’t enjoy cities at all, our son works in London, actually his office is right next door to Victoria Beckhams clothes store, well that’s if you know who she is, ex spice girl!! , he regularly post photos of the very expensive sports cars that are parked on the road outside the office, apparently it’s a very posh part of London, he really loves London.

Steve was in the British army, his regiment was the The Royal Horse Artillery and the Kings Troop were part of his regiment, the ones that fire the guns at Buckingham palace to salute the Queen, He was also on the Queens Jubilee Parade in Germany parading the guns, some make the mistake of calling them tanks!!! It was a very proud moment for me seeing him stood out of the top of his gun saluting the Queen.
Hope to see you tomorrow on T day
Jan x

da tabbies o trout towne said...

but how much fun would it be to visit in person !! :) ☺☺♥♥

WendyK said...

Great photographs to illustrate your Journal page. Thank you so much for doing so many pages for my theme.
Hugs Wendy

Meggymay said...

An awesome trip to London to see the sights, then enjoy a great show.
Well you can guess I love your page.
Yvonne xx

Eileen Bergen said...

Great page, Elizabeth. I love the photos you chose. Eileen xx

Words and Pictures said...

It's good to see the fun side of London - to me it's just a place I have to commute to and through regularly, so I'm a bit negative about it! I loved the stitched framing of the photos - very cool.
Alison x

Lowcarb team member said...

'Heading to London' is great! What a wonderful page, one of my favourites.

All the best Jan

Cindy McMath said...

Well of course London is fun fun fun! I have been to all those places, although I didn’t actually get to see Les Miz while I was there - the few times I tried it was sold out. Saw lots of other great plays though!