Thursday, March 28, 2019

Thinking of you, my love


Before we begin, I want to wish my foodie friend Sally a very happy birthday today, even though she doesn't read my blog.  I am taking her to Denny's for her free grand slam birthday breakfast.

Three wonderful blog challenges, one bit of art.

This spread is intended for Jo's (Let's Art Journal) theme Hello Springtime at Art Journal Journey, Try it on Tuesday's theme which is Say it with Flowers, and Moo-Mania and More's theme which is Colorful.

The sentiment:
If I had a tulip for every time I think of you,
I would never leave this garden.

was sewn in place with my wonky sewing.

For this page, I found these tulips in a magazine.  I adhered the page to 110 lb card stock after I sewed the sentiment in place.

It was a delight to have you drop by today.  Please also join me at Try it on Tuesday, Art Journal Journey, and Moo-Mania and More, too.

24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy Birthday Sally! Enjoy your breakfast. No free breakfasts here. The tulip fields in Holland are always wonderful to see, and not too far away to visit. Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Happy Birthday to your friend, what a fab way to start a Birthday by having a special breakfast, the most important meal of the day. How beautiful that carpet of tulips is, what a lovely sight that would be to see. If my garden looked like this i'd spend every moment in it.
Enjoy your day with your friend Elizabeth. Hugs Tracey x

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, you're scarily 'on trend' with your loose threads, Elisabeth, lol - this is wonderful. Tulips are very nearly my favourite flowers and I have several different colours and types in my garden pots at the moment. It would be so lovely to see whole fields full of them, each one so unique and so colourful. I like the 'take' on the usual flower quote, too - beautiful words to cheer anyone.
Enjoy your breakfast! It's a long time since I was in a Denny's - the last time was when I met up with Kristy of Time to Stamp, such a long time ago. Precious memories.
Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Cath x

My name is Erika. said...

Oh what a cool photo. I have always wanted to see such a big field of flowers. I can't image how wonderful it is. And good for you hitting all 3 challenges too. Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. Happy Thursday and enjoy your breakfast. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Many Happy Returns of the Day, Sally. Three challenges with one page. Awesome. I love the quote you chose. Enjoy your day out

froebelsternchen said...

I love this fabulous page with the sewing - and the loose threads! And it makes my heart sing, you know how much I love tulpis. These are so wonderful and I am always in awe of their interesting history as well . A stunnign page from a stunning artist and you are not just a stunning artist you are also a stunning friend! Sally can be very happy about your friendship! I hope you both have a nice breakfast celebration!♥♥♥ Super idea for a Birthday!
You made all bells ring today with hitting all the challenges at once my clever friend!
Thank you in the name of all the challenges!
Much appreciated dear Elizabeth!
Happy day!!!

Lots of love from
Susi

froebelsternchen said...

And I forgot to tell you that my little botanical tulips are starting to bloom now here in one of my little garden-beds.... a good sign!

Meggymay said...

Oh Elizabeth I love the quote you added to your beautiful page. The tulip firls must look amazing at this time of year. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays, support is always appreciated.
I hope you had a good day and I send Sally Happy Birthday wishes.
Yvonne xx

Caty said...

OOhh Happy Birthday Sally !! I´m sure she will enjoy her breakfast Elizabeth !! What a nice surprise !!
I love love your page, it´s so happy, full of love and spring !! Wonderful !
I wish you a very happy day, and send
Big hugs, CAty

Cindy McMath said...

Another lovely page - I like the way you’ve sewn on the words. A great tribute to Spring.

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Birthday to Sally! I know y'all enjoyed your breakfast together :)

Tulips are such bright flowers and lovely in such large fields. Spring!

Sami said...

Happy birthday to Sally. How lovely that you're taking her out to breakfast, enjoy the day :)
Love tulips and the tulip gardens of Holland.

Birgit said...

Your page is so sweet and lovely since you are thinking of your friend.Love the tulips and the windmill. My sewing is horrible so i commend you in doing this

Let's Art Journal said...

Wishing Sally a very happy birthday! I hope you had fun at Denny's too 😁. Such a lovely page, the quote is so romantic and is depicted perfectly with all those rows and rows of beautiful tulips. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday and for inspiring us at Art Journal Journey again! J 😊 x

craftytrog said...

What a stunning page you created with that wonderful image Elizabeth! xx

sheila 77 said...

This is a super idea with the tulips and words. I like the idea and picture of a tulip garden (although we don't have any tulips in ours). Your stitched words are very arty too with the stitching and dangling threads.
Thanks for your great comment this morning on my blog, Elizabeth. It was a lovely welcome back to Blogland, which I have been missing, although Real Life was (is) pretty good too.
Isn't it strange how our Real Life friends do not read our blog. A few of my friends do read it but others don't. Thank goodness for our blogging friends who understand the arty us.

Susan Kane said...

A field of tulips, I have never seen such. Against the windmill just ties it all together. Excellent.

Rita said...

Happy birthday to Sally. Mine today, too. :)
Pretty page.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning pics, love those tulips.x

WendyK said...

Gorgeous page, love tulips and the dangly threads, very with it.
Hugs Wendy

Jeanie said...

I loved the windmills of Holland and tulips are a favorite.

Belated greetings to Sally!

Gibby Frogett said...

Hope Sally had a nice birthday.
What a great page and beautiful tulips - if I had a view like that I would sit there all day enjoying it.
Not sure where this month has gone (seem to be saying that a lot this year) so, sorry I'm behind commenting (again) I'm trying to have a catch-up weekend to remedy that a little but not getting very far :)
Hope all well with you Elizabeth.
Have a lovely weekend...Gill x

Lowcarb team member said...

Hope Sally had a great birthday.
What a lovely page and such beautiful tulips.

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

What an absolutely lovely page and I'm sure you and Sally had great time! I am here for TIOT and need to add some huge apologies for not getting around to visiting - things slightly got on top of me last week!!! Hugs, Chrisx