Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Dark and Light


Today I'm again joining Jo from Let's Art Journal who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her Hello Springtime theme.

This was a quick piece I put together for Jo's theme.

In case you can't read this or need to translate it:
It was one of those March days when the
sun shines hot and the wind blows cold,
when it is summer in the light and winter
in the shade.
~ Charles Dickens


I thought the image was just moody enough to fit the Charles Dickens quote.

This page took longer to find a quote for and photograph, than it took to assemble and complete.  I began by laying down a calendar page on 110 lb card stock using strips of heavy duty double sided tape and a glue dot in the center.   I printed and colored the quote using two of my water soluble crayons, the gift from my friend Cindy that just keeps on giving.

I'm so glad you decided to visit today.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey,too.

15 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

What a beautiful sky, love the sentiment too.x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, I love the quote from Dickens; 'Great Expectations' was one of my fave books as a child. Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

That photo looks so lonely but beautiful in its way. I have seen the flat open lands before but I always forget living in the forested hills how open the plains can be. And this is a great quote. I was just looking at it myself the other day. Happy Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

Great choice of quote to the image dear Elizabeth!
A beautiful entry for Jo's theme - thank you for yet another fab inspiration linked to the AJJ topic! Have a wonderful day my arty friend!
Hope you find the best plant-milk type for your half & half! I prefer rice- and oatmilk meanwhile even though my favourites are soymilk and almond-milk as I can make both milks simply and at low costs by my own and avoid packing waste in addition.
Much love from
Susi

CJ Kennedy said...

Great image to go with that quote. That's where my area is weather-wise. Summer in the light and Winter in the shade.

Cindy McMath said...

Beautiful picture. I love that quote - it really sums up Spring in my area (and autumn for that matter).

Eileen Bergen said...

That's another quote I had picked out for this challenge. But I won't have time to get it done. So I'm glad you did ;-) Eileen xx

Meggymay said...

You chose a beautiful scene to use on this page. I love the colour of the sky. The quote you added goes perfectly with the landscape.
Yvonne xx

Sami said...

Beautiful sky and scenery and love the quote Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

I've noticed how hard it can be to find the right words when you want to add text to a piece. You hit the jackpot with this composition. Lovely!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a beautiful quote! The picture is so atmospheric and captures the words beautifully - perfect 😁. Thanks for inspiring us at Art Journal Journey this springtime! J 😊 x

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Elizabeth, great quote and that sky looks amazing!
Alison xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

A fabulous moody image to go with that quote - I love this Elizabeth! Hugs, Chrisx

Caty said...

What a so lovely photograph Elizabeth !! this sky is amazing !! the clouds are super beautiful, this farm fabulous, and I love this quote from Dickens. This is a special spring page.
I wish you a very nice Thursday, and send big hugs,
Caty

Susan Kane said...

The lavender sky over a green field! Spectacular!