Monday, February 25, 2019

Gifts


What happens when you have a round table and rectangular art?

Some of the art gets cut off.  However, I finally got my "Christmas" gifts finished just in time to give them as Easter gifts.  Several of these are for my no-name friends who are aware of my sewing machine malfunction.  Actually, it was MY malfunction, since I am so anal about cleaning my machine, I cleaned it too well right before Christmas.

When I sent the quiltlets out to my friends before Christmas, I asked them to complete the assembly.  I noted that some people who showed their gifts had tied the two ends together, but that was not what I had intended.    They were actually supposed to be knotted on both sides, through both holes, as shown.  Then, if there is excess, like this one I have for my foodie friend Sally, the excess should be cut off.  By not assembling them like above, I was able to mail them fairly flat and I didn't have to knot the two ends, which is quite hard on my arthritic fingers.  (As an aside, in case you didn't know, this is a rare form of arthritis I was born with)

Upon reflection, I decided to show how I cut off both ends of the knots I made.  Please forgive my arms showing in the photo, but I decided to take this very late at night.  If you look hard, you might even be able to see the camera.

Thanks for joining me today, because I just had to share these gifts I had nearly finished right before I left to rescue my friend from what now seems like a lifetime ago.

15 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

The quiltlets are beautiful, as I know as I have some examples here. Better late than never. Just watching the sunrise here, so beautiful! Valerie

Cindy McMath said...

So pretty!! Love the colours and of course the hearts.

kathyinozarks said...

beautiful Elizabeth

Sami said...

Very pretty and colourful Elizabeth :)
Have a wonderful week.

CJ Kennedy said...

The quiltlets are so pretty. Perfect color combinations for Spring. Enjoy your day

froebelsternchen said...

They are wonderful! Mine here is hanging near my desktop and always makes me happy when I look at it.The first two months it was on one of my windows in the living room, but I didn't look at it often enough so I changed it's place to hang. And I can tell that mine is absolutely after my taste - the colours you used for mine and the thread is so utterly beautiful and it seems it is made specially for me...♥♥♥♥♥

Your hangers are precious!
Have a great start of the new week!

Big hugs, Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

How pretty! I love the arrangement and the colors :)

craftytrog said...

These are beautiful fabric art pieces Elizabeth! I love the hearts and stitching. xx

Cath Wilson said...

Great idea - better late than never - and the splashes of colour are wonderful. Love them.
Cath x

da tabbies o trout towne said...

elizabeth; these are AWESOME !!!! very nice job !! ☺☺♥♥

Mia said...

Amazing gifts, Elizabeth. They are really gorgeous! Hugs, my friend.

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous set of art projects,Ii'm sure the folk who received them will treasure them.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

SO PRETTY! You are so talented and your recipients had to be over the moon when they opened their packages. I love the bright, cheerful colors!

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous...love the sewing, hearts and rick rack xx

RO said...

Lovely and colorful as always, and the hearts make them extra special. Hugs..RO