Sunday, February 24, 2019

Bird is the Word


This month our host at Art Journal Journey is Rike of Rike's Art.  Rike wants us to use yellow in our art.  I got a little carried away on the yellow today, I fear.  Unfortunately, the two yellows weren't exactly compatible after I photographed them  (Note to self: always check coordinating colors under a full spectrum light).

I call this Bird is the Word.




Unfortunately, this bird didn't like being photographed up close and personal.

Because these butterflies were embossed using VersaMark on a rubber stamp and two embossing powders were used, I am also sharing them at Try it on Tuesday, where their theme is Powder Your * * *.

This bird didn't mind being photographed.  Yes, I keep all postage stamps, no matter how old.




For this page, I began by laying down lines of black water soluble crayon on 110 lb substrate.  I didn't add water because I knew the glue stick I was planning to use to adhere the yellow napkin would provide sufficient wetness to spread the marks.  Using glue dots, I then attached the focal bird, which had been a blank card in a previous life.  Finally, I added the two butterflies that were not used on a previous project and the bird stamp and black circle die cut.

Thank you beyond belief for your visit today.  I am so grateful you stopped by.  I also hope you will join us this month at Art Journal Journey with your yellow inspired art and Try it on Tuesday, where I am the guest designer of their theme Powder Your * * *.   I hope to see you at both challenges.

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a beautiful bird Elizabeth, he looks happy sailing over his yellow world. Have a great Sunday, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

I adore your wonderful dove of peace page and the addition of the stamp makes is even more special !

Gorgeous and fantastic to see you linking to TioT again and
I can tell you that you rock "yellow" at AJJ . You are always a big inspiration for me my friend and Co.-Admin !

HAPPY SUNDAY!

Big hugs, Susi

Sami said...

The bird page is nice even though the 2 yellows aren't coordinated.
Have a lovely weekend Elizabeth :)

My name is Erika. said...

I think the yellows work great Sometimes photos make pages look really different, don’t they? I love your bird theme. Maybe spring birds are returning? It’s snowing at home and I am glad I do t have to be there right now. Happy Sunday. Hugs Erika

Cath Wilson said...

Love that background, Elisabeth and your bird is beautiful. They're certainly active here in the UK, chirping their little hearts out and flitting around openly. Such a treat. Great to see more inspirational art for our Try it on Tuesday Challenge. Hope you're feeling a lot better.
Cath x

Cath Wilson said...

Love that background, Elisabeth and your bird is beautiful. They're certainly active here in the UK, chirping their little hearts out and flitting around openly. Such a treat. Great to see more inspirational art for our Try it on Tuesday Challenge. Hope you're feeling a lot better.
Cath x

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful birds. I like how the black circle and postage cancellation mark look like an eclipse. Hope you're feeling better.

Rike said...

Bird is the Word - I love this title! Your page is wonderful with this fabulous black and white bird, the embossed butterflies and that very old and interesting postage stamp - with a bird on it!
On the photo with the butterflies I can see the yellow background very well!
Thank you for linking your beautiful entry to my theme at AJJ!
Wish you a happy Sunday and a new creative week! I hope you are feeling better!
Rike xx

Meggymay said...

Its a great title for you page, the bird does look awesome in black/white against your background.
Thank you for adding another of your fantastic pages to TioT's you are sharing a great powder technique with your embossed butterflies.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the bird with its flower. Between it and the yellow color I'm feeling cheered by your art :)

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Put a bird on it!! -- Love the birds. Happy Sunday.

Mrs.B said...

It's a stunning bird Elizabeth, love the black/white against the softer yellow shade, and the butterflies looks as if they have a lovely sparkle to them.
Lovely to see you sharing this with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril xx
p.s. Thanks for the lovely comments on the AJJ page and I'm sorry you've been ill, hope you're feeling a lot better now. x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh! This bird is THE word! Love this Elizabeth and a great page to add to the entries at Try It On Tuesday! This is so kind of you! Hugs, Chrisx

aussie aNNie said...

wow beautiful such a lovely post of this glorious bird.xx

Rita said...

Striking bird. Now have that song in my head. ;)

Cindy McMath said...

I love this happy page Elizabeth - you know I love birds, and I really love both of these and how you’ve collaged the page.

Jeanie said...

This may be one of my new favorites, Elizabeth!

Joan said...

Beautiful butterflies and a fabulous bird image

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

Joan

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, I love how you created the marble effect background on this page and the little sparkly embossed butterflies are adorable 😀. I hope you had a lovely week and thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊 x