Saturday, December 8, 2018

Walking in a winter wonderland


By now you are probably aware that Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  Our themes are My Favorite Season or 'Tis the Season.  I created this page specifically so I could also enter it in Try it on Tuesday's theme, which is Winter WonderlandBecause this spread includes trees, Bleubeard and I are also joining Moo-Mania and More with their Trees theme.

I call this one Walking in a Winter Wonderland,

so that means today my heartfelt

favorite season is winter.

I wrote the sentiment

using a white gel pen.

Trees decked out in white snow

line the background.

For this entry, I began by running a brush filled with water around an area on the calendar page.  The image was in the shape of a heart.  Once sufficiently wet, I tore the heart shape from its original place on the page.  I then backed it with a piece of heavy card stock, also in the shape of a heart that I cut freehand.   I used the remaining piece to write the words using a white gel pen.  For stability, I then backed the assembly with 8.5 X 10 inch (21,59 X 25,4 centimeter) 110 lb card stock.

Bleubeard and I are so happy you chose to join us today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey where our themes are Favorite Season or 'Tis the Season, at Try it on Tuesday with their Winter Wonderland theme, and at Moo-Mania and More with their Trees theme.

20 thoughtful remarks:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I can hear the sound of crushed snow underfoot as I imagine walking through that untouched snowfall Elizabeth. Wonderful display of a favoured season.
Have a super weekend what ever you are up too..
Hugs Tracey xx

Helen said...

that's a very pretty picture. have a great weekend

Valerie-Jael said...

You used a lovely image, and it looks cold! Autumn is always my fave season, but never winter! Have a lovely day, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Just so BEAUTIFUL, Love your post your photos and your work.xx

Rike said...

This picture defines exactly what I call "winter wonderland" - it's beautiful! Your addition of the heart and the words handwritten with a white gel pen give a personal touch to it!
Wish you a happy weekend! Rike xx

froebelsternchen said...

I am in awe of the clever way you created the heart. This made the image so personal together with the wording!
I would be happy to walk through this beautiful landscape!

Happy AJJ - you and Bleubeard are amazing hosts! SO many ideas already! WOW! SO sorry for my lack of creativity and contributions. Thank you for your understanding! And a big
♥♥♥Thank you ♥♥♥for joining Try It On Tuesday and Moo Mania & More as well! So much appreciated!
Happy Saturday Elizabeth!
Big hugs, Susi

Cath Wilson said...

It may well look glorious, Elisabeth, but it looks rather treacherous by the water... lol. It's a beautiful photo, so very pretty. Snow always brings calm and the heart depicts that peaceful stillness we always get after and during snowfall. A lovely scene.

Thank you for sharing your art with us at TIOT.

Cath x

Jeannette said...

wow, i loved the winterlandscape and your words,the winter and snow its cold,but this is my fav season,i love all seasons,but winter so much, i loved the romantic feeling of a big walking in the winter wonderland.
happy weekend,dear elizabeth,its a great theme this month.

hugs jenny

Words and Pictures said...

What a magical landscape... it makes me want to walk across that bridge, feet crunching in the snow. Sadly, it's just grey and grim here - very dull! Lovely winter wonderland.
Alison x

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your winter wonderland. That lovely, peaceful snow scene is something we rarely get here, so I'm enjoying Winter Snow virtually :) Thanks!

RO said...

Perfect display of wintry wonder, and ironically, it's coming our way tomorrow. Yay! Beautiful work as always! RO

craftytrog said...

What a beautiful Wintry scene!
Happy weekend!
Alison xxx

Jeanie said...

It's well named, that's for sure1 I get cold looking at it!

Thanks for stopping by yesterday.

Meggymay said...

I would like to walk into that gorgeous winter wonderland. It is a beautiful scene and I love that you added a heart to show the love and magic that could be found in a place like this.
Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays and for your support for the theme.
Yvonne xx

Cindy McMath said...

That’s a very clever way to get that heart in there! I love this page Elizabeth. Sorry I have been MIA this week. I have been really busy with work even in the evenings and haven’t had much time to spare. I also enjoyed seeing your lovely tip-ins and your other seasonal pages. Your autumn trees are delightful, as are your little trick or treaters. I also admired your Pearl Harbour page. You’ve had a busy week too and I hope you’re enjoying the weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a nice post.
I love your winter wonderland.

All the best Jan

CJ Kennedy said...

As you know, Winter is not my favorite season, but I will grinchingly admit your Winter scene is very pretty. I like the blues and the trees reflected in the water. I like your hand-lettering, too.

Rita said...

Very pretty! :)

My name is Erika. said...

That sure is a winter wonderland. Very pretty. I would like to look at it but stay inside and enjoy the coziness of home. Smile. Hope it was a good weekend. Hugs-Erika

Rosie said...

A wonderful Winter scene

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY