Sunday, December 9, 2018

Here comes Peter Cottontail


You may know by now that Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  Our themes are My Favorite Season or 'Tis the Season.

For this spread we have a favorite season entry for you.  Who doesn't love the adorable Peter Cottontail.  He not only signifies spring, he is often associated with Easter.

"Here comes Peter Cottontail

hopping down the bunny trail."




The background was an image I found in my stash.  When I actually got ready to adhere it to my 110 lb cardstock substrate, I had to wrestle it back from the rambunctious Squiggles, who somehow took a liking to it.  The cotton balls were created using the ends of cotton swabs.

Bleubeard and I are so happy you chose to join us today and hope to also see you (and your art) at Art Journal Journey.


12 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Very nice Elitabeth, love the sweet blue background. Have a great day, Valerie

Meggymay said...

I love this wonderful, magical page and Peter Cottontail , probably because he is connected with our Peter Rabbit. I looked it up in Wikipedia, I had heard of these stories, it was interesting to read how Thornton Burgess had wrote them for his son.
It was a great idea to add the cotton buds . I hope Squiggles is being good now and that he is sorry for claiming the image for himself.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

A delightful page and using the Q-tips was a cute idea. Probably what attracted Squiggles to the page. I want to reach out and pet the bunny tail, too. Enjoy your day.

Jeanie said...

This is really sweet. Isn't it delightful having an art assistant in your midst? Well, sometimes not!

Divers and Sundry said...

And now the song is stuck in my head lol I think this page is lovely, with that blue and the pattern of the white against it and the cotton fluff. You and Squiggles make a good team :)

froebelsternchen said...

I like the use of the ends of cotton swabs! LOVELY page dear Elizabeth! Your ideas are endless! Super!
Happy Sunday!

Susi

Sandra Cox said...

That is soooo sweet. I love Peter Cottontail.
Hope you're having a wondrous day, dear Elizabeth.

Words and Pictures said...

Delightful lighter than air page - adorable Peter and those soft fluffy cotton balls... I love how the twiggy tendrils twine across the page.
Alison x

aussie aNNie said...

ha so cute and it won't be long before he is in the homes dishing out Easter eggs.xx
Thanks for your always lovely comments, so appreciated.x

kathyinozarks said...

A very fun piece-I love it

My name is Erika. said...

This would be gorgeous fabric. I love how you made it. The color is amazing and it sure feels like spring. :) Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A cute page for the theme! Love it! xx