Thursday, December 20, 2018

The vacation


I want to begin by wishing my friend Valerie a very happy birthday. 

Bleubeard and I welcome your visit today and as you know, we are hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  Our themes are My Favorite Season or 'Tis the Season.

Today we are honoring summertime and we believe Summertime is vacation time, which is the title of our journal entry today.

I was lucky enough to get these wonderful stickers that actually go on your bumper or
RV (caravan for those of you who live across the pond).  Instead, I used them on my journal page, along with a map I found that showed most of the places represented on the stickers.

Of course, I had to mess up the first one, and I have to admit they STICK as soon as you adhere them.  No second chances once they are adhered to paper.

I've been to Colorado several time, but had never heard of Pagosa Springs before.

Another one of those sticker I laid down and as I was doing so, realized I was about to cover the name of the town.  A snip with the scissors and all was well.

There are really so many things to see in Colorado, a state just west of Kansas, my home state.

"Summertime is

vacation time."  That's especially true if you can visit a state (or country) where the temperatures aren't consistently in the high 90s F to mid 100s F (33 C to 40,5 C or higher) like they are where I live.


For this spread, I started with a page of 110 lb card stock that I intentionally left white.  I cut a map of part of Colorado using my deckle scissors and adhered it to the page.  I then added the various bumper stickers and the computer generated text I colored using water soluble crayons.

Bleubeard and I are so happy you chose to join us today and hope to also see you (and your art) at Art Journal Journey.


14 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page. My husband and I made several trips through the USA with a camper back in the 1980s, and it was fun. Thanks for reminding me about my birthday, but it's not till tomorrow, I'm still 'young' today. Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Super page Elizabeth, Summertime always reminds me of the 6 weeks school holidays and the freedom it gave me to imagine and create. My Hubby always wanted to do a summer road trip across America in a convertible with a bench seat. This was back in his romantic days where he imagined sitting side by side with the wind blowing through our hair riding the highway!! Happy days.
We do have a little camper but she doesn't go very far but she's kinder on our backs than putting a tent up each year.
Big Hugs Tracey xx

froebelsternchen said...

I would love to take this trip even in heat - must be fantastic to travel there. I was always bad in geography at school and never had a good imagination of all those places we learnt about. Denver and Colorado was at least something I get known of from television . First came "Dallas" and then "Denver Clan"....lol!
Nowadays it is so pretty easy with all the fab documentaries to learn more about other countries.
And I learn much from the blogging girls as well.
A fantastic page for your collection dear Elizabeth!
Have a great Thursday!
Big hugs, Susi

My name is Erika. said...

I've ridden the Durango railroad and it is a pretty impressive ride. Colorado is a pretty state and I like your page a lot. It makes me want to travel. I have never heard of Pagosa Springs either. Hmm. It must be something. I have a package ready to mail to you and hopefully I will get it out tomorrow when I get to that side of town and pO. I apologize if it doesn't make it by Christmas. I've owed you this since that gorgeous quiltlet came last summer. Hope all is well and you are enjoying this holiday season Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

What a wonderful travel entry for your journal. That would be some trip. I've never been to Colorado except as a layover at the airport (Boulder, I think)

As to the comic on my page. Go back and look carefully at Rudolph's grades for the second term. Did they go up or down? Sing the song. =^,.^=

Meggymay said...

A fabulous travel page. Living in a small country, it is when I see posts like yours here that I realize what a large country the USA actually is.
I remember taking our Caravan to Northern Europe for holidays and that was a big enough journey for me.
Yvonne xx

Rike said...

A beautiful travel page with those stickers and the map as background showing the places of the pictures! Perfect how you cutted the edge to show Durango city on the map without destroying this beautiful sticker of the Durangotrain!
Wish you a happy day! Rike xx

Nancy said...

Nice combo of map and travel images. You have the most impressive collection of paper and imagery!

Divers and Sundry said...

I've always thought a trip out west would be fun but have never gone. I'm enjoying your spread of highlights. Maybe someday I'll see some of those places :)

craftytrog said...

Another great selection of pages on your recent posts Elizabeth!
Alison xox

Susan Kane said...

What a preserved memory of a great journey! Very well done. I look forward to coming back!

Jeanie said...

I love your pages here. These are really fun and tell the story well!

Thanks for your comments and visits lately. You say such nice things I think my head will explode, it's getting so big. And yes, glad you noticed the change on the sled. It's much improved. I knew as soon as I got that home those other flakes had to go and then when you said it too, well -- a given! Anyway, thanks for all and Merriest to you!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your travel page, it's so bright and colourful, it really makes you want to travel!

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooh! You found some great places to visit - not sure I would want to be a camper van though :-D Hugs, Chrisxx