Sunday, December 16, 2018

Spring time


Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month with our themes My Favorite Season, or 'Tis the Season

Today my favorite season happens to be Springtime, the subject of this journal page.

Flowers turn into hearts and butterflies with the passage of time. 

Spring has definitely arrived.

Time may pass,

but for now,

it's all about

Springtime.

 
For this page, I began with one of my favorite background techniques.  I used a faux credit card to spread two different colors of green acrylic craft paint.  Over that, I stamped three different types of pocket watches.  I added the gifted die cut clock and a strip of gold tape, then cut hearts and butterflies from a sheet of tiny flowers found in my stash.  I also added the letters from a sheet of letter stickers.  I didn't have a much needed "I," so I cut the leg of a "K" to make up for it.

Bleubeard and I are so happy you chose to visit us today and hope you'll also join us at Art Journal Journey where our themes are Favorite Season or 'Tis the Season

I have one more entry I want to share with you now that most people have received their cards.  

I have a few friends who prefer Christmas cards to tip-ins, or who are traditional card senders.  I normally would have sewn around these images, but since my sewing machine is still out of commission, I stamped these images on paper, then grabbed my Xyron, which I have not used in years, and backed these images for quick and glue free backing.

Try it on Tuesday's latest theme is Guess who's coming? Its Santa!  I used my favorite Santa stamp (yes, it's from Stampington, wood mounted red rubber, and older than the hills), along with a reindeer and a snowflake.  They look a little bare without the sewing, but it will have to do this year.  Backgrounds include either German text or vintage sheet music.  The interiors are also stamped, as are the backs with my "Handmade by E and B" stamps.  Bleubeard and I also hope to see you at Try it on Tuesday, too.

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful spring page. It's good to think of spring, this weekend has been bitter cold and today we have a dusting of snow - but tomorrow it should be warmer and wetter. Have a great day, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

ahh spring, makes up for the horrible weather we have had last 3 days which creates more humidity..
lovely post and not sure why you couldn't see my animated version of the snowglobe, maybe your 'blog' doesn't allow it...not sure.x

Helen said...

already looking forward to spring.

had to come and answer your Kew comment.. you have seen that face in the hedge, it was in the first visit of December post but a closeup - and also when they had the sculptures a year or so again too! not in the same place however then. it's made a re-appearance. You are right that I probably haven't shared the bamboo garden before as it's not a favourite of mine!

have a good Sunday

froebelsternchen said...

Oh Elizabeth! I am happy to see this charming spring time page - You are very clever always -- making your own I -
that's what creativity is all about! Love the little details and this hearts and butterflies with the tiny flowers.... so beautiful a fantastic entry for your topic! You and Bleubeard overdo yourself with so many entries - I am impressed! Give him a hug ! And your cards are fantastic - Thank you so much for sharing them with us at Try It On Tuesday! ♥♥♥ Much appreciated! I can imagine for card makers and scrappers this xyron thingy comes very handy. You are lucky to have it. Hope you get your sewing machine to work again soon or maybe you find a good working one at a fleamarket?! Here they also alwas sell machines at the discounters for 100 Euro or so from time to time, but I will not buy such a model- I will lay aside money for a more highgrade model.
Have a great Sunday!
Big hugs, Susi

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your art journal page and Christmas cards are lovely. That Santa stamp looks great (even if it is older than the hills).

Cath Wilson said...

Great cards, Elisabeth and very seasonal :-)

Love your Spring page and the idea of flowers becoming hearts and butterflies with the passing of time. That's food for thought and especially relevant to me right now, so thank you for that.

Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at TIOT this week.

Cath x

CJ Kennedy said...

Turn that clock forward so we can get to Spring. I like the flowers turning into hears and butterflies. Clever you for turning a K into an I. Lovely Christmas cards. I really like that St. Nick stamp. Enjoy your day.

My name is Erika. said...

When I noticed the fantastic multicolored butterfly and heart I was surprised-which is the point of a gorgeous piece of art, right? I am wishing it was springtime too, but we can dream, can't we? Nice holiday cards too. I like the holiday images you picked, especially that Santa and his fun reindeer. Happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

I love your springtime page Elizabeth and the spring flower covered heart and butterflies look beautiful It would be good if your clock would speed forward to the spring, but winter will have its own beauty to share with us first.
Thank you for sharing another fantastic Santa card with us at Try it on Tuesdays, he is a great image and I did like the sweet reindeer as well.
Yvonne xx

Cindy McMath said...

A wonderful page Elizabeth, and your cards are beautiful too! I am glad you received my card. Xo

Divers and Sundry said...

Those butterflies swept me away to springtime :) when we'll have more sunshine and warmth. That time will come :)

Your cards are lovely, and I don't miss the sewn edge here. A joy to receive in the mail and quite the festive addition to any display :) 9 days 'til Christmas!

Lowcarb team member said...

I love the Spring Season, and this is a lovely spring page.
We've had a lot of rain in my part of the UK so it's been nice to think of Spring while reading and looking at your post.

My good wishes for the new week ahead.

All the best Jan

Gibby Frogett said...

Spring and autumn are my favourite seasons so I loved your Spring page today Elizabeth (and your TIOT piece too) - what a nice selction of stamps you used - the clocks/watches are fab.
Sorry I have been MIA for a while - I hope all is well with you at your end of the world :)
Gill xx

Sandra Cox said...

I LOVE the Springtime Clock and the butterflies on it. Purrfect.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth! What a treat! I love your Spring page!
I do so love those cards - a really great Vintage look! Thank you so much for joining us again at Try It On Tuesday! Hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

I love those cards, and your Spring page is wonderful Elizabeth! xx

Jeanie said...

Springing forward? Much better than falling back!

Your cards are terrific -- every recipient will be thrilled!

Caty said...

What a so so so GORGEOUS page Elizabeth !! Love love it, and love these wonderful butterflies and hearts, they are woowww... :) The background is fabulous with the stamped clocks, Your "I" is magnifique !!
And What can I say about your Christmas cards ? Just they are amazing and I like very much the Santa , lovely stamps!
I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugs, Caty

Rike said...

A beautiful springtime collage and interesting Christmas cards, very originally!