Monday, December 17, 2018

365 Day Art Challenge: week 50 and a stay-cation


Here are my collages for Week 50.  This 365 something project was created in part and hosted by Hanna at i Hanna.  

In case you missed them, here are Week 49's collages.  As I'm sure you know by now, I post every Monday morning for the previous week.  All my collages are 4" X 4" (10,16 cm X 10,16 cm).

Sing this song


Angels we have heard on high
This qualifies for Moo Mania and More's Angels theme this fortnight.

Joy to the world


It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas


The gold standard


Circular illusion


Artifacts
If you are playing in Hanna's 365 Something project, please let me know and I will be by to see what you are making.  Please let me know if you like any of these.  As always, I am extremely grateful for your continued support of this project and my art.

But wait, please.  Since Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month,


we also have a journal page using our themes My Favorite Season or 'Tis the Season.  

Today we are enjoying a Stay-cation, the title of our journal page.

We can take a stay-cation any season.  There are tons of advantages to taking a stay-cation.

Yes, it is fun any season.

These short one-day trips get you out and about where you can learn about your neighborhood.  They save on gas, because you only spend the day finding museums, botanical gardens, local parks, picnic spots, or sculptures around your town.  They are great because at the end of the day, you go home and sleep in your own bed.

For this page, I began by swiping a dye ink pad directly on the 110 lb cardstock.  I then cut the images from an advertisement I received through the mail.  Next I added the computer generated text I colored using water soluble crayons.

Bleubeard and I are simply thrilled you chose to join us today and hope you'll also join us at Art Journal Journey.

15 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful collages and journal page. My fave today is 'gold standard' Have a great week, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Love them all especially the artifacts.xx

Gibby Frogett said...

Lots of fab things to see Elizabeth but my favourite has to be the 'Staycation' which made me smile too.
Happy Monday - happy a great week.
Gill x

froebelsternchen said...

I love the "artefacts" the most this week and of course this wonderful angel is really appreciated at Moo Mania & More dear ELizabeth! Thank you for joining the challenge again! Your page for the AJJ collection is right my alley -
not just artsy but the idea and message behind is telling of sustainability, environmental compatibility and cost-effectiveness.
Everything the world can wish for!
An amazing entry for the theme!!!

Happy start of your week my friend!
Big hugs

Susi

My name is Erika. said...

Your 4x4 art pieces are quite festive this week! And a staycation is always a lot of fun, especially when it means you can sleep in, lounge on the couch until late morning and just actually relax. Sometimes you really need that part of it too! And you are right about saving cash and also learning a little more about your home area. Have a super start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Festive collages this week. I like Angels We Have Heard On High and the colorful Artifacts the best. I did Staycations before they became fashionable! Always nice to find interesting things in your own back yard and nothing beats sleeping in your own cozy, little bed. Have a good day!

Cindy McMath said...

This might be my favourite set of collages so far - I love them all! I love the design of Sing this song and Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas, which are similar, but unique. I also love the Gold Standard - this would make a lovely holiday card design. Last but not least, I love the rich colours in Artifacts (and of course, circles) and your doodled circles in Circular Illusion. As always I’m in awe of the fact you have titled each one so cleverly. I’m so glad you joined this challenge and I’ve been enjoying tuning in each Monday morning for your entries. Your stay-cation page is great too, and you’re right about all of the benefits! Of course when I lived in London I could really get into it. :)

Nancy said...

Cheerful group of collages!

Divers and Sundry said...

My favorite collage this week is "The gold standard". Staycations are fun. We love exploring our area as if we were tourists :)

craftytrog said...

What a fab page, and another great set of collages! The bubbly Artifacts caught my eye! xx

Dortesjs said...

great collage and pages dear

Meggymay said...

Fantastic collages, if I had to chose the Angels would be my favourite today closely followed by Artifacts.
It is a fantastic journal page and a great title for the page 'Staycation',
the pictures you added were super.
I'm sure we all have many places to explore close to home..
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

very festive collages, Elizabeth. So many of them touch me this time.

Caty said...

WWooowww love your collages Elizabeth !! Artefacts and sing this song are fabulous, but love all, they are wonderful, as well as your gorgeous page !! This season is super cool!! Just amazing!!
I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugs, Caty

Rike said...

Amazing collages and a beautiful journal page for AJJ!
I am late with commenting, but I wanted to look at all what I've missed in the meantime :)