Sunday, October 7, 2018

Two years in the making, part 2


Happy Thanksgiving on Monday to my Canadian neighbors, readers, and friends, including my dear friend Cindy

If you were here yesterday, you saw the first set of signatures I made in

this scrappy visual journal for my friend Cindy.

It's time to reveal the second set of signatures.

This is where we left off yesterday with Page 48 and 49.

Pages 50 and 51.

Pages 52 and 53.

Pages 54 and 55.

Pages 56 and 57.

Pages 58 and 59.

Pages 60 and 61.

Pages 62 and 63.

Pages 64 and 65.

Pages 66 and 67.

Pages 68 and 69.

Pages 70 and 71.

Pages 72 and 73, the center of the second signature.

Pages 74 and 75.

Pages 76 and 77.

Pages 78 and 79.  There is a hidden place to write under the green stamps.

Pages 80 and 81.

Pages 82 and 83.

Pages 84 and 85.

Pages 86 and 87.

Pages 88 and 89.

Pages 90 and 91.

Pages 92 and 93.

Pages 94 and 95.

Page 96 and inside back cover.   The back holds a place to leave pens and pencils.  I included a pen so Cindy would have one to start her scrappy journal journey.

I know how much she loved Paris, so I tried to show as much of it as possible.  Of course, a few other images from France crept in here and there, too.  I tried to leave enough room she could write on each page, and some had no images at all.  Some had hidden areas to write on, while some had pockets to store ephemera.

I explained I used handmade shimmering mists and stamp ink, but no paint, since I didn’t want Cindy to accidentally lose or kill a pen when writing over paint like I have in the past.  Although this took two years to finish, I was happy with how it turned out.  I hope Cindy likes it and will use it, too.

BTW, I'm sure you can tell, my scanner seems to be on its last leg, therefore the line in the bottom third of each scan that was brighter or lighter than the top.

Thanks for sticking with me through this.  I am so grateful for your comments and sticking through to the very end of this post (both days).

25 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

More fab pages for Cindy to journal on, I hope she has fun.
Glad you enjoyed my wet trip to Kew. It was 2005 last time Chihuly came to Kew, that's what got me into going regularly - can't wait!

Valerie-Jael said...

I am sure Cindy will love her album and have great fun with it. Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

This is amazing Elizabeth. So much thought has gone into every page and I really admire all the sewing you have fitted in and the loose ends of the threads.

Thank you for commenting at Jumbled Crafts and KSC

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fantastically inspiring. What an amazing job you do on what ever you do...Canada, a place to visit on our wish list.x

craftytrog said...

What a wonderful book you made for Cindy! She will treasure it! xx

Sami said...

I'm sure Cindy will treasure this journal, it's beautiful Elizabeth.
Have a great Sunday.

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a beautiful journal. Almost too beautiful to write in. I'm sure your friend will love your gift.

kathyinozarks said...

good morning Sunday, this is just a fabulous and creative journal love it!
I did not know about the information you posted about Julia Andrews-the helicopter or that she lost her singing voice-that is so sad I hope you get the chance to see the film sometime

kathyinozarks said...

oops that should be Julie not Julia Andrews

Meggymay said...

Wow, this is going to be a joy for your friend to use, although I think she may look at it for a while before she starts adding her own additions. It is a fabulous journal.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

It is one amazing project for certain! I do love all the effects you added-postcards, Green stamps, images, etc. How could Cindy not love it? I like how you left some pages for her to complete also. It is very clever and quite beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I feel like i got to take a little arm chair trip these last 2 days. Hugs-Erika

Nancy said...

Stitched journals- the best!! And so much effort. Lovely. The charm with the tape measure you asked about on my blog- the bar is simply a crimp bar and all we did was to squeeze it closed on the tape. So simple- I'd guess they are available at Hobby Lobby or other craft stores in jewelry findings. Most of our supplies were provided for us, so I'm not entirely sure of the name of this particular one.

Cindy McMath said...

Oh I forgot to add a few things in my last comment on yesterday’s pages (although I didn’t visit yesterday because I was out all day). I did notice and appreciate the Paris theme! Yes I loved Paris and hope to visit again one day - perhaps I’ll get to take this with me - wouldn’t that be fun! And I of course appreciated all of the postage stamps! I haven’t taken them off yet right now I’m enjoying the envelope as a piece of art in its own right! And the other thing I am always looking for is Bingo cards! And the German scrap stars won’t go to waste either. :). Thank you again my friend from the bottom of my heart! I really love my journal and can’t wait to start journalling in it. PS - the request you made the other day was taken care of yesterday morning before I left for the day, but because I was in a hurry to leave the house I didn’t send you a note. Xoxo

Divers and Sundry said...

What an amazing undertaking! Such an accomplishment with so many pages! I'm always impressed with your inclusion of stitching in your art.

Sandra Cox said...

Wow. Wondrous. I particularly enjoyed the first one.

Caty said...

This second signature is AMAZING Elizabeth!!The only thing we can do is loving it!! Fantastique journal!! Wonderful pages, so clever design, and full of beauties!!
I wish you a very nice new week, big hugs, Caty

Anonymous said...

This will be an amazing gift. Really wonderful. xox

Sharon Madson said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, and your friend is going to love it and think it was worth the wait! Thanks for posting this amazing project.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such an amazing project! The cover and pages are stunning - I love it 😁. I'm sure Cindy will love it too and that's so thoughtful of you to chose the Paris theme! I hope you have had a lovely weekend and wishing you a wonderful new week! J 😊 x

Marfi-topia said...

beautiful! you made each page so detailed and lovely! she's going to love it:)

Nasreen said...

This is so beautiful. You made it so amazing. It will be an experience to receive it for her!

Rita said...

She should love it! :)

froebelsternchen said...

I am totally in awe of this whole Scrappy Journal! Absolutely amazing and made with so much love! I am really impressed and as I can read already Cindy is over the moon with it! I can imagine how she loves it!

So well done! A fantastic project!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I tracked back to see part one of this fab journal! Of course, I am guaranteed to love it with all those Paris pics! You have created such lovely pages Elizabeth, but what would we expect from the Altered Book Lover?!
You excelled yourself with the number of stamps on a package too! I saw Cindy's comment but didn't need to as she was certain to love it! Hugs, Chrisx

Jackie PN said...

Sorry about your scanner! Hate when these important electronics go!
What a journal! Totally impressive Elizabeth! Gorgeous!
Jackie xo