Monday, October 8, 2018

365 Day Art Challenge: week 40


Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian neighbors, readers, and friends.  

If you live in the United States, today is Columbus Day, a national holiday.  However, even though all federal buildings, including the post office, are closed, it doesn't necessarily mean YOUR state observes the day.  There are over a dozen states that don't observe Columbus Day, so it's just another work day for many of them.  Kansas DOES observe Columbus Day.

Here are my collages for Week 40.  This 365 something project was created in part and hosted by Hanna at i Hanna.  

In case you missed them, here are Week 39's collages.  As I'm sure you know by now, I post every Monday morning for the previous week.  All my collages are 4" X 4" (10,16 cm X 10,16 cm).


Life cycle


The X factor


Swoosh


Work wife


Ring around the rosy



Stoned wheel


The generation gap
If you are playing in Hanna's 365 Something project, please let me know and I will be by to see what you are making.  Please let me know if you like any of these.  As always, I am extremely grateful for your continued support of this project and my art.

Thank you so very much for spending time with me today. 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful little collages. Swoosh is my fave this time. Have a great week, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

You rock with this collages!!!
Stoned wheel is my favourite this week!
I think you are fantastic to have managed nearly 10 months of the year with this! That's fantastic!Congrats on keeping with this little pieces of art that bring so much to you - I am sure!
Big hugs and happy new week!
Susi

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I love your collages this week.
Happy Columbus Day I had almost forgotten about that.
Thank you so much for the link to your friend's Yellowstone photos-I loved them! and wow what an experience to visit that cave-what an awesome opportunity you had. there are allot of caves all over my area too-we have some small caves at the back of our property that is used by allot of wild critters especially in the winter time. most of the time we miss the rain too but not this time we have allot of standing water now
Enjoy your Monday

craftytrog said...

It was going to be Life Cycle, but then I saw your fabulous Stoned Wheel! Another great set Elizabeth!
Alison xox

CJ Kennedy said...

Bright, almost Fall-ish colors. My favorite is the bright blue Life Cycles. Columbus Day is celebrated here in MA though the holiday isn't effecting trash or recycle pick up. WAM is closed today, it's always closed on Mondays, but no classes this morning. So no illustration class for me today.

Caty said...

They are all GORGEOUS Elizabeth !! Love love all of them, so clever and well design, the colours and papers are wonderful!! Swoosh capted my eyes, it´s original, and Ring around the rosy is fabulous. But each of them is so genuine, Great Art !
I wish you a very nice day,
Big hugs, Caty

Cindy McMath said...

Another great week! Getting very close to the finish line! Love your clever titles as always. My favourite collage is the first one! Safety envelope and a circle - what more can I want? :)

Divers and Sundry said...

Today I really can't pick a favorite :)

Our state observes the day, which I had completely forgotten banks were closed for until I said that's where I was going and someone saved me the trip lol

Sandra Cox said...

I love the titles as much as I do the pieces:)

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Lovely collages and and I had a lot of fun reading the titles too. You are creating a wonderful collection.

-Soma

Meggymay said...

Wonderful collages, I was drawn to, Ring around the Rosy , with the children's rhyme Ring a ring of Roses popping straight into my head.
Yvonne xx

RO said...

I'm loving the color displays on these collages a lot! More great work! Hugs..RO

My name is Erika. said...

Cool play with shapes and color combos. And of course, your clever titles. I always look forward to your Monday collage collections. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh! Love Life Cycle and Stoned Wheel especially! I really am loving your collages! Hugs, Chrisx

sheila 77 said...

I try never to miss your collages and titles, Elizabeth.
"Work wife" - haha! maybe I am missing something subtlely serious but I think it is amusing - and puzzling.
"Stoned wheel" is great too - am I thinking of a mill (stone) wheel?

Have you ever thought of getting some of these printed as greetings cards? and of course the titles would have to be included.

Jackie PN said...

Super collages! Digging number 2 this round- it speaks sunshine and happiness to me! (our country needs all it can get at this time!)
Hugs,Jackie

ahmedseo said...

عيادة الدكتور أحمد عبد السلام في مصر تقدم عملية تكميم المعدة بالمنظار فى مصر وهو إجراء طفيف التوغل لفقدان الوزن. يتم تنفيذ هذا الإجراء باستخدام شقوق صغيرة وأدوات متخصصة. أثناء العملية، يتم إزالة جزء من المعدة لتقليل حجمها وتقليل كمية الطعام التي يمكن للمريض تناولها في وقت واحد. ثم يتم تدبيس المعدة المتبقية في شكل يشبه الأنبوب، يُعرف باسم "الكم".