Thursday, October 25, 2018

Beauty


I'm once again joining Linda of heARTfully inspired by Linda who is hosting Art Journal Journey this month with her theme Creature Comforts

There are cliches, such as "beauty is in the eye of the beholder," or "a face only a mother could love."  However, I think Andy Worhol said it best.

Beauty is more than skin deep and we are all beautiful on the inside.

Worhol believed "Everything has its beauty,

but not everyone sees it."



I have to agree with Worhol on this one.

For this spread, I began with a sheet of 110 lb card stock I colored using dye ink.  To that I fussy cut the creature I found in an old Dover magazine.  Next, I added the washi tapes on the top and bottom of the page.  Finally I colored the computer generated quote using water soluble crayons.

Thanks so much for your kind words of well wishes.  I am feeling marginally better.  Bleubeard and I are overjoyed you chose to join us today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey
 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page and quote. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, hope you soon feel much better. Look after yourself, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I love the critter in your image. And the quote you used is perfect! This is a great page my friend. Boy those eyes, they really grab your attention. I am guessing it is some kind of lemur. Maybe? Have a super day. And hope you're starting to feel bit better. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Fantastic interpretation of the quote. Like Erika, I think the critter is a lemur. Hope you're feeling better

kathyinozarks said...

Love your journal page-and hope you are feeling better now too-hugs from the Ozarks

Jackie PN said...

Totally excellent page! I love the quote and the animal! Perfect together they are!
Jackie xo

Divers and Sundry said...

I love how you illustrated the quote. Some people see beauty everywhere, while others can't ever seem to see it at all.

I'm glad you're better and hope the improvement continues so that you are completely well soon.

Sami said...

Great quote indeed, I think I'm the optimist and glass full person and tend to see beauty everywhere :)
That little creature looks a bit scary though...
So glad you're feeling better Elizabeth.

Nancy said...

This is amusing and so appropriate! Well done. Do hope your improvement will continue quickly. So sorry to hear you've been 'flattened"!

Rike said...

Dear Elizabeth, thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog - I hope you are feeling better now, and I much appreciate that you came out of bed to write it!
Warhol's quote is so true!
And this creature shows it exactly - I even find it is beautiful also on the outside, but surely on the inside. I like it with these big eyes and this nice looking!
Wish you a happy rest of the week!
Rike xx

Linda Kunsman said...

That is such a great quote and it is so well used here on your marvelous page! Great looking "creature" and I love the balance with the washi tapes. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Caty said...

This is a so gorgeous spread page Elizabeth !! I really love it, the little lemur is so sweety, and the quote, absolutely true.
I´m so glad you feel better today, and I hope you´ll recover very soon.
I wish you a very nice afternoon, take care, and big hugss,Caty

froebelsternchen said...

This critter is awesome - what a cute page this is?! Great you feel a bit better - get completely well very soon dear Elizabeth! A fantastic entry for the October theme! I love your page!
Big hugs and get well wishes my dear Co.-Admin!
Susi

Meggymay said...

He looks one cute little animal. I;m sure that in his own animal family he will be very handsome. Its a great quote and a fabulous page.
Sending you get well wishes.
Yvonne xx

WendyK said...

Lovely journal page, love the creature. Elizabeth could you do me a favour and see if my latest journal page is suitable for AJJ Thank you.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That's a fab AW quote Elizabeth, truer than ever now a days. Your critter is smashing!! Love those sweet doe eyes.
So sorry to hear you have not been well, as you know I have not been around so i'm sad to see this. Get well soon Elizabeth and I hope your make a very speedy recovery. Take good care Hugs Tracey xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! The strange creature you used made me smile and you chose the perfect quote - wonderful 😀. I hope you are feeling better soon, sending you wishes for a speedy recovery! Take care and wishing you well! J 😊 x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Marvelous page, Elizabeth. I agree with you about the Warhol quote. The others sound trite by comparison.

Sorry to hear you're only marginally better. When I read your wonderful and
very long Halloween post, I thought, "Yay, Elizabeth is back!"

Eileen ;-(

pearshapedcrafting said...

This has really made me smile - what a cute animal this is!! Love the pink and green! Hugs, Chrisx