Saturday, September 29, 2018

One fish. two fish


Today I'm once again sharing another page at Art Journal Journey.  For this, I'm joining Yvonne from Meggy's Way with her theme A World of Fantasy.  


One fish,

two fish,

red fish,

blue fish.

One fish and red fish are carp, while two fish and blue fish are perch.

This is the second side of the napkin I used in the Children's Garden earlier in the month.  I thought this also looked like wonderful fantasy underwater plants, so I sewed both sides at the same time, but didn't get around to stamping the fish for days and days on end.  Next I stamped both fish twice, then colored one red and one blue using watercolor crayons.  Both fish are from River City Rubber.  I stamped the numbers using a gifted stamp set sent to me years ago from Annette (aka Voodoo Vixen).   Then I used a punch to cut the circles.  Easier to do it that way, I thought.  Finally, I created the "Fish" signs using several bingo dabbers to color a sheet of printer/copier paper.  Note the tear in the napkin (bottom left).  I decided I didn't like where the red fish was located, so decided to move it after I had adhered it.  Silly me.  All fish were adhered using very sticky pop dots. 

Bleubeard and I are delighted you chose to stop by today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey


15 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

this is a great page! I love the fish and they do look as if they are swimming in their undersea world

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful world for the fish to swim in. Glad you liked the rusty art! Have a great day, Valerie

Rike said...

"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish" - I LOVE that originally idea and page!!!
Yes, the red fish now has a better place, I would not have noticed that tear in the napkin!
The colour composition of the whole page is absolutely fantastic!
Wish you a happy weekend! Rike xx

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

These are beautiful. There really is something about the shape of fish that's appealing and artistic.

Meggymay said...

I love your under the sea fantasy and how you used the second piece of the napkin as a background. I never noticed the tear as I was drawn to look at those fantastic fish. I like the rhyme of...one fish two fish.
I remember the kids here chanting... one potato, two potato in a rhyme a few year ago.
Thank you Elizabeth for all the support you have given my theme this month it really appreciated.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, this is a beautiful under the water piece-I love your underwater plant background-it's perfect-and those fish are too fun-had never thought of using napkins in art until reading about yours-
I am so glad I posted a movie you have seen. I am with you I don't watch all that much comedy at all either-this one was fun
Happy Saturday Kathy

Caty said...

Lovely lovely fishes Elizabeth !! They are wonderful, love this napkin, and the little coloured labels are great!! That a nice fantasy!
Thank you very much for your kind comments by my blog, you´re welcome, it´s a pleasure for me to join you and all the other talented artists at T stands for Tuesday.
I wish you a very nice weekend, big hugs, Caty

CJ Kennedy said...

Delightful page you created from one of my favorite Seuss books.

My name is Erika. said...

And that is a great kids story you used as quote inspiration. I love this as much as the kid's garden one you made before. What a great napkin for inspiration. And the those fish are pretty cool also. So speaking of that painting from yesterday, I'm not sure if that's the name but no luck on my part yet. It doesn't sound familiar at all. I think (only on a hunch) it is a more an English name and he had something to do with Revolutionary War in Boston or New Hampshire. But it will probably be something totally different. Watch him be some English King or something. (grin) I should see if the art museum has a website with their work catalogued on it. THANKS for helping me look. We will figure this out. Happy saturday. Hugs-Erika

Jeannette said...

wow,that fishies page just amazing,one fish,two fish,blue fish,red fish,super idea this is,and the fishies swimming in ther fantasy world,love this a lot,dear elizabeth.
have a good weekend,my friend.

hugs jenny

froebelsternchen said...

The fishes look so happy in this wonderful black underwater world! Fabulous Mixed Media dear Elizabeth! I love all about it!
Have a great Saturday and thank you for so many inspiring pieces linked to the collection this month! Wonderful art!

Big hugs,
Susi

Cindy McMath said...

Wow I love this Elizabeth! I have some of those napkins - I think I need to get them out.

Kate Yetter said...

This is really beautiful, Elizabeth. That navy colored background with the white is the perfect backdrop for those fabulous fish!
Kate

Nancy said...

You've made such good use of the napkin design for your fish! Very nice.

Jackie PN said...

What a fabulously swimmingly page! LOL I couldn't resist!
Elizabeth, I do love the whimsy of this page!
Jackie ")