Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday Smiles 291: a trip to the art museum, part 3


Annie our host at Friday Smiles has agreed to link me each week until I can get Mr. Linky working for me again.  Thank you Annie.  I appreciate you for taking time to do this.  I hope you are feeling better this week.


I'll begin with a few funnies:

These are actual resumes I copied from the pages I found when I cleaned my desk last winter.  Some of these are TOO funny, some are just sad.


“I have lurnt Word Perfect 6.0 computor and spreasheet progroms.”

“Am a perfectionist and rarely if if ever forget details.”

“Received a plague for Salesperson of the Year.”

“Wholly responsible for two (2) failed financial institutions.”

“Reason for leaving last job: maturity leave.”

“Failed bar exam with relatively high grades.”

“It’s best for employers that I not work with people.”

“Let’s meet, so you can ‘ooh’ and ‘aah’ over my experience.”

“I was working for my mom until she decided to move.”

“Marital status: single. Unmarried. Unengaged. Uninvolved. No commitments.”

I'll share more of these next week.


Now back to the museum where I spent nearly six hours with two teens and a tween one day this July   This next room is the Rotunda Gallery.  It is known as An American Salon of 19th Century paintings.  The walls are a garish yellow, making the viewing more difficult.  You probably wouldn't know many of the artists, because they are all American painters from the 19th Century.  I couldn't get out of that room soon enough, although the children seemed to like the paintings and those hideous yellow walls better than I.











Note # 21 is a Winslow Homer, and a rather famous painting.  At least it was one I recognized.




The next area was called Americans in Paris.  You might be able to read about this area above.

The children were all excited over this room.



I recognized this as a Theodore Robinson.  He has several paintings in the museum.  He spent a great deal of time in Giverny. 


It was here I realized I accidentally deleted several paintings from my computer.  When they are gone, they are gone.






This is the last of the ones I didn't delete and the last of the Impressionist paintings.

We decided to take a short break and look at the sculpture outside.  

Sadly it was so hot, we didn't stay long.
 Upon our return, we saw this wall of mirrors.  It was difficult to get them with no one in the photo. 

Thanks for joining the children and me again at the museum and thanks for your continued visits and support.  Now let's visit Annie's Friday Smiles, where it never hurts to begin the weekend with a big smile, just like Annie's. Feel free to join in with a post of your own, too.   

19 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

thanks for sharing the next bit of your day at the museum. I love the sculpture outside too and the mirrors; some great art on the walls too (don't like the yellow!)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful paintings. As you say, those yellow walls are ghastly. I saw a car that colour recently, it looked like an egg-yolk. Have a fine day, Valerie

Nasreen said...

Amazing paintings. They all look so good. Seems like you had a great day!

CJ Kennedy said...

Some of those resumes were funny. I liked the one that stated Failing the bar exam with relatively high grades. Too bad the museum didn't hang the paintings on a neutral colored wall. That horrid yellow really detracts from the artwork. Glad you and the kids had an enjoyable day.

Annie said...

I love a lot of the paintings but I have to say I’m with you that the yellow walls really spoilt my enjoyment of the first few. It’s so lovely to hear of you darling people enjoying a gallery like that.
Hugs,
Annie x

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I enjoyed the walk in the museum-thank you

Divers and Sundry said...

I love those yellow walls, but they do seem unusual for an art museum display.

Caterina Giglio said...

Still giggling over... Am a perfectionist and rarely if if ever forget details.. perfect!! LOL
Loved the museum tour!! Paris is the first stop on our tour and I am so thrilled.. BTW was that a Henry Moore sculpture? The hall of mirrors was so cool, some venetian mirrors? Thanks for the tour!! x

Sandra Cox said...

I enjoyed touring the museum with you:) I love art museums.
You are right. Some of those quotes are funny. Some just plain sad.
Have a lovely weekend, dear Elizabeth.
FYI: The procedure went well.

Sami said...

I like your funnies Elizabeth.
Those yellow walls aren't the best to show off the art.
The big outdoor sculpture is very pretty.
Have a great weekend :)

Caty said...

So wonderful paintings Elizabeth !! thank you very much for sharing them with us, So beautiful the mirrors. You make me smile .
I wish you a very nice weekend, big hugs, Caty

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Um museu com pinturas fantásticas.
Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados

froebelsternchen said...

Thank you for taking me with you to the museum again!
Amazing paintings there!
I am with you about the yellow walls...lol.
Have a great start of the weekend !
Big hugs Susi

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Amazing gallery of paintings but the sculpture has to be my favourite. Thank you so much for letting us share this special time with you. Happy creative weekend, Angela xXx

Meggymay said...

Gosh those yellow walls were something else, a dreadful colour, I wonder who was responsible.... No taste.
However the paintings all look interesting a huge difference in the styles of the artists. Thank you for taking me on the visit via your super photos.
I smiled at some of your funnies, but like you said, some were sad.
Yvonne xx

mamapez5 said...

Oh dear! That is not a good colour for displaying the art at its best, though some paintings still caught my eye. The sculpture outside was more to my taste, but it is still interesting to see inside these places that I will never to get to visit personally, so thank you for giving us such a thorough guided tour. Kate xx

My name is Erika. said...

It's been a crazy day so I am only finally getting around to my visit. But it is nice to take a leisurely evening "walk" through the museum. We get a lot of those early American paintings here in New England since it is ingrained in our heritage. I'm trying to place the man in the white wig and late 1700's clothing. His face looks really familiar. Maybe one of those founding fathers. I personally prefer late 1800's art over this though and the advent of the impressionists. But I enjoyed my visit, and now I am going to go see if I can figure out who is in that portrait as it is driving me nuts. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

aussie aNNie said...

Love this post and love attending the museum for anything as they all hold a lot of amazing things.x

Jackie PN said...

Ohhh I too was very excited about the Americans in Paris rooms! Such gorgeous artwork! thank you for bringing us along!
Jackie ")