Saturday, September 1, 2018

My Dream Home


Today we have a new host and a new challenge theme at Art Journal Journey.  We are welcoming my friend Yvonne from Meggy's Way with her theme A World of Fantasy.

Let me introduce you to My Dream Home.

My dream home is filled with love.

My dream home has a lovely flower garden

that surrounds my love-filled

art studio. 

It's no secret I love to make houses, but I'm not good at drawing.  I was surprised I pulled this fantasy house off.

For this page, I began by laying down heavy lines of water soluble crayons (yes, the same ones Cindy sent me for Christmas two years ago).  I filled in the house with more water soluble crayons I adhered using a lighter touch.  I added the green stem and the grass at the bottom of the house using two colors of green.  I painted card stock red and yellow using bingo dabbers, then cut hearts, flower petals, and doors to add interest to the house.  I placed blue dots around the insides of the hearts and petals using a felt pen.  You can tell when I began to get tired, making the pen hard to hold.   Finally, believing it needed something more, I used a word stamp around the perimeter.  The stamp is called V-mail, and I got it in the discontinued bin one year when several of us went to River City Rubber.

Thank you so much for visiting today.  I know I'm going to LOVE Yvonne's Fantasy World theme this month and hope you will join her, Susi, and me at Art Journal Journey with your altered book spreads, journal pages, loose pages, or canvases.  Digital art is always welcome, too. 

Thanks again for your visit.

28 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful house and flower, enjoy Yvonne's new theme, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Your house with the studio and garden is wonderful! You have drawn all so well and the shading turned out fantastic. And the script stamp fits perfectly - looks like clouds in the distance. I would love to visit you there to make art together! I am sure we all will have fun again this month with Yvonne's super new theme! I am happy to see your first wonderful entry linked already! A completely artsy and nbeautiful ELizabeth Mixed Media painting! And with handwriting! I am so proud of you. You are an artist who always masters new to you things and encourages other with it! You are a great inspiration my freind! Thank you!

Happy Saturday!
Raining here. quite nice!
Hugs, Susi

chrissie said...

This is such a well thought out page Elizabeth full iof beauty and lots of love as well. So very creative and inspiring

Have a great weekend

Love Chrissie xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What more could we ever wish for but a house filled with love that we can call home. Super way to interpret the AJJ challenge, I would never have thought of going down that direction, Thank you for the inspiration Elizabeth.
Creative Hugs & Wishes Tracey xx

Meggymay said...

Oh Elizabeth I am jumping with joy seeing your magical dream home. I would love to come and visit. It is a fabulous page and the house seems such a happy place. The colour for me, radiates the love to be found inside.
The heart shaped windows look amazing and make me feel I want to get them opened and see whats inside the rooms.
You have my fantasy thoughts in motion this morning.
Thank you for having me with you and Susi at AJJ this month.
Yvonne xx

Gibby Frogett said...

Wow! I really adore everything about your dream home Elizabeth ( and I can imagine this either framed and as a greeting card).
I want to know what the rest of the street and town look like now - and can I move there :)
Happy Saturday - have a lovely day.
Gill x

My name is Erika. said...

Your dream home looks like a fun place to live. Even better it is filled with lots of love. 😀. Hugs Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun fantasy house and garden. the flower not only provides beauty but would make a lovely shaded area to sit under. I love the dotted outline.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a magical house! I love your drawing and those heart shaped windows and beautiful flower look amazing 😁. Being filled with love and having a flower garden and art studio, what more could anyone want - perfect! Happy September! J 😊 x

aussie aNNie said...

a MOST BEAUTIFUL dream home, lovely colour combo and gorgeous painted design.xx

Sharon Madson said...

I love the effects of all the dots. Beautiful dream home page. I was wondering, Elizabeth, could I do a scrapbook layout for this Art Journal Journey or does it have to be a journal page. I do 12x12 layouts. Thanks.

Sami said...

Enjoy your dream home and art studio and beautiful garden.
Have a lovely weekend Elizabeth.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What a sweet fantasy home, Elizabeth. The blue stamping around the perimeter is the perfect finishing touch. Hugs, Eileen

Jeanie said...

This house is so joyful, I could move in right now! Love the colors and the feeling of happiness it evokes!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a fun fantasy house :) I love that flower!

Cindy McMath said...

I love your dream house and the giant flower! I’m so glad you are still enjoying your watercolour crayons - you make such good use of them!

Caty said...

Wualaaa Elizabeth ... what a so so gorgeous Art page !! Love your dream home !! It ´s really amazing, full of love and happyness, these hears are great, as the so beautiful flower. love the Art studio and the stamp. Really GORGEOUS !!
I wish you a vey happy weekend, hugss & ksss

Little Artbee said...

Wonderful page, it looks like a fairy house to me. Never stop having dreams.
Hugs
Sabine

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your dream house and that giant flower is brilliant!

All the best Jan

Sandra Cox said...

I love your dream home. It radiates warmth and happiness.

kathyinozarks said...

I really love this piece

Jeannette said...

wow,your house and garden is so dreamy,love it.
happy weekend.

hugs jenny

Harlynn said...

I love this. The art studio is my dance studio. Friggen adorable!

Rita said...

A house, studio, and garden filled with love. What more could a person ask for? :) :)

Halle said...

So whimsical...love it!

craftytrog said...

I really love your fantasy house page Elizabeth! It wouldn't be yours without a few hearts! ;-)
Have a great week,
Alison xxx

Rike said...

I LOVE your dream home, because it is filled with love and because of all you drew it by yourself! You should draw more often!! This house is adorable, you are good in drawing, YES!
I like the little dots you putted on the flower and hearts, and I like your hand writing!
Wish you a happy day! Rike xx

Neet said...

I love your little houses and the way you have coloured them too. I went on a workshop showing us how to draw houses very similar to yours, mine did not turn out half as good as yours did - and remember I was on a workshop for a full day.
Hugs, Neet xx