Friday, August 31, 2018

Still counting my blessings


You probably know that Bleubeard and I have been hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  My theme has been Count your blessings.  With very few hours left in August, I'm stalking Art Journal Journey to make sure I visit anyone who decides to post during these final hours.

While I was stalking and waiting, I created this final blessing.

I am "Still counting

my blessings."


I outlined the message

using some fabric ribbon

I picked up years ago in the scrapbook section of Michael's (a big box craft store found in the U.S. and Canada).

I'm still counting.

For this page, I started with a used file folder to which I cut up the "numbers" scrapbook paper, then sewed these shapes to the page using variegated thread. Lastly, I framed the focal image with the fabric ribbon. 

Of course, I had to follow up with

a mosaic of all the blessings I created this month.  Since it didn't seem to want to enlarge

here is the original size.

Bleubeard, my delightful co-host and I are overjoyed you joined us today and this month.   I have read and reread your lovely comments you have left over these past 31 days and I can truthfully say I am very, very blessed to have such a wonderful group of internet and blogger friends.  I hope you've enjoyed this month at Art Journal Journey and my theme Count your blessings.  

Bleubeard and I look forward to welcoming the next host at Art Journal Journey and learning what the theme for September will be.  Hope you will, too.

16 thoughtful remarks:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I've loved everything I have seen relating to your chosen count your blessings theme Elizabeth and feel sad that I have missed so many more. I can only apologise for my absence over the past few days as you know I was away and have come back to refurbishments.
You have treated us to fabulous things and helped us dig deep to find what we truly are grateful for.
Thank you so much.. I was blessed to have had the chance to take part.
As we are about to step into a new month I'm sending BIG Hugs Tracey xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Your blessings make a beautiful quilt.

My name is Erika. said...

Cool last page for your challenge. I love how this page is in black and white. You could say that it is a very black and white topic. We are all blessed so much. Thanks again for a thoughtful topic and happy september. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful art

kathyinozarks said...

Oh i hope you love the movie too-Yes hot and very very humid here again-not quite as hot as you-we are in the 90s with heat indexes in 100s so still too hot for me-I am soooo ready for summer to over this year-

froebelsternchen said...

OMG! Elizabeth you really made this month a blast and a feast for the eyes and hearts! Thank you for all you did and for the enthusiasm you put in this month and encouraged so many artists to count their blessings! What a fantastic theme and what a unique host! I really feel blessed with you!
This last page is wonderful as well. Abstract and great with the neutrals! A gorgeous last entry ! Thank you for the wonderful topic and hosting it with so much love! I adore your mosaic and will add it to the August post.
Happy AJJ dear Co.-Admin!

You are simply the best!♥♥♥

Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

A wonderful collection of pages for this month, you really put your heart into it. Valerie

Meggymay said...

It is wonderful to see all your awesome pages together again. The new page looks fabulous, very striking and abstract.
Thank you for all the inspiration, I really enjoyed the theme and will remember this past month of blessings for a very long time.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous finale to a wonderful month of art! Thanks so much for all the amazing inspiration and kind comments, I've enjoyed joining in the fun 😁. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

Jeanie said...

I love the contrast here from your first piece in black and white (nice texture!) to the wildly colorful collage of this past month's accomplishments! Quite diverse and loads of fun.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

You stalked me, Elizabeth? lol. Lovely stitched page. You did 32 pages for this theme - wow! Bless you - you are a blessing ;-) I missed some lovely ones and will see if I can find them to see full size.

BTW, I'm still trying to get a plugin to enlarge images on my blog. My theme is a custom one designed by a friend who no longer does website design. There must be something in her coding that conflicts with the current image enlargement plugins. I can't afford to hire a consultant to find the problem, but hope that one will come along that can work around the problem.

Hugs, Eileen

Rita said...

That's awesome seeing them all together like that. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I enjoyed it all, and my only participation was appreciating all the art posted as a response to the theme lol Beautiful! :)

Cindy McMath said...

You had a wonderful month Elizabeth! I am curious to know if you make ahead when you are hosting for the month, if you make one each day, or a combination of both. Thanks for letting us count your blessings with you, and remind us to count our own.

Caty said...

Woowwwww I love your last Art journal page for AJJ Elizabeth !! This is spectacular, amazing, love the way you have create it, the numbers scrapbook paper is so wonderful, love the ribbon too, Great !
I want to thank you once more for the so beautiful theme "count your blessings" for this last month, and for the fantastiques inspirations pages you have kindly share with us, love to admire them together, it has been lovely!! ♥
Thank you Bleubeard too, he is so sweety!! ♥
I wish you a very happy weekend, hugss and kss, Caty

HELP@PYTHONAX.TECH said...

This comment might seem off topic but you all will want to hear this!!

We all knew a time when 1 BitCoin was worth more than $13,000 then it suddenly just crashed and now worth just $6,000.

People never seem to know and understand the reason behind these drop and i will explain that to you.

There was a total amount of BitCoin generated from the start by the developers at first and since its becoming valuable there was need to generate more of it. You all didn't get that right? Let me explain better.

So imagine from the beginning the developers of bit coin generated 10,000,000 BitCoin at first. Now these 10,000,000 BitCoin circulated to individuals, so when the 10,000,000 BitCoin was already owned by individuals all over the world it started increasing in value.
Now the developers saw that thier crypto currency has gotten more value but less individuals owned it, there was need to generate more of it for more individuals to own.
And what better way is there to generate more of BitCoin?

If
1 BitCoin = $13,000.
Then
10,000,000 BitCoin = $130,000,000,000.
So there is $130,000,000,000 in the internet.
Then the idea came to the developers!!
Let's crash the price of BitCoin, use the remaining amount to generate more BitCoin.
That is:
Since BitCoin has built $130,000,000,000 in the internet, cut the price and generate more.
I mean
1 BitCoin = $13,000 then Now
1 BitCoin = $6,000
So from 1 BitCoin, 2.2 BitCoin can be generated.
Now the question is where is the newly generated BitCoin?

It's are everywhere in the internet!!!
Its in every website you enter.
Its in every social media platform.
Its anywhere in the world!!
Its in North America.
Its in South America.
Its in Africa.
Its in Asia.
Its in Europe.
Its scattered everywhere!!!
All you need to do is start Mining it.
Now how do you start Mining these crypto currency?
There are lots of BitCoin Mining software I will recommend Web'Miner.
Its a software developed by an organization in China "Soft Tech Geeks". Have been using it a lot, I Mine anytime I want and have been making a lot from it.

Some will say, why is he sharing it now?
Some will say, if that's how easy it is why not Mine alone? So you can get it all for yourself.

Well the developers are smart, they put a mining limit to it. The idea was not for a single person to have it, or for a particular group of people.

The idea was for everyone, everywhere in the world to posses these crypto currency.

If you need help mining BitCoin, feel free to email SOFT TECH GEEKS
softtechgeeks@gmail.com