Friday, August 31, 2018

An unusual sighting


Today Bleubeard and I are back on the Danube, but this time we are not playing armchair tourists.  Instead, we have created a collage.  I feel so blessed I can create these fun, quirky images.

This is definitely "An unusual sighting on the Danube."



I loved how this cat was staring at the elephant as it was drinking.


I wanted to get as much of the Danube as I possibly could, because it has beautiful scenery.   However, you might be able to see a bit of white in the Danube water.

My cat is covering a huge riverboat.

For this piece, I started with two large images taken from travel magazines.  I cut them to size (on the sides) and glued them together using red liner tape.  I fussy cut the elephant and added it to the left side of the image.  Thinking it needed something more, I added the duck, but I decided that was a poor choice because the water didn't match the background water.  For the handwritten sentiment, I used some of the "water" I had cut from the bottom of the Danube picture and used a metallic gel pen to write the words.

Bleubeard, my ever lovable and incredibly handsome co-host, and I are delighted you stopped by and are so pleased you joined us here and at Art Journal Journey where my theme this month has been Count your blessings.  Thank you again for your positive comments and lovely art you created.  You are all truly blessings and wonderful friends in my eyes.

I'll be back later today with a final post and a wrap-up.

16 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

This is a fantastic collage ! This is really fun and I like it! Yesterday evening I was chairwise in Wichita as we saw a documentary about the big hurricane years ago. So we both were in our areas in mind! You really rocked dear Elizabeth and I say thank you for so many inspiration and art your shared with us !
Happy Friday!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful collage, so original! Enjoy your day, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Your collage work is fabulous...enjoy your weekend.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi to you both. Great collage effect. Not sure Bleubeard will like that great big cat though! Wishing you a lovely weekend and lots of creativity, Angela xXx

CJ Kennedy said...

Too fun. I wonder if there are leopards in the Vienna Woods. Lions, and leopards, and bears. Oh, my!

Caty said...

This is a wonderful and funny collage Elizabeth !! Gorgeous image..... this big cat :), but lovely sure. Love to see the elephant walking slowly and carefully, love the little duch, and love your handwritten sentiment on the Danube water, it´s cool! Great Artwork ! You always inspire us so much, love your talented creativity!
I wish you a very nice day, big hugs from the sun,
Caty

My name is Erika. said...

I love that cat image. It is gorgeous. And with all this climate change, maybe it could happen someday as animals expand their ranges. :) Anyhow, let me be more serious here and more geeky. I think all these images work together so well, and if you didn't say Danube I would have thought it might have been a lake in Africa. Someplace with a colonial background due to the buildings. And it is a fun page for sure. Thanks for the super challenge this month. It was a good reminder of all the good things we have in life. :) Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

What a fun clash-of-cultures collage! We used to have wild cats here but lost them; maybe the Danube will go in the opposite direction? Tourism would take on a different flavor lol

Birgit said...

That is one big cat! I think he is eyeing the elephant as lunch. If this cat showed up along the Danube, I would think the people would be quite taken aback:) I enjoyed how you placed these 2 together for your count your blessings. Great look!

Nancy said...

Big cat takes a big slurp! This is what is so much fun about collage- your ideas, your image. Nicely done.

Meggymay said...

This is a great collage of images, you always seem to know how to grab our interest on your awesome pages. I love how you added the fantastic 'wild' animals into a peaceful European setting. Your added words would have been a super newspaper title as well especially if the animals had been sighted by anyone.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

Very clever! How fun it would be to REALLY see such a thing!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Lol - that would be an unusual sighting indeed, Elizabeth. Very clever collage. Count your blessings was a wonderful theme and you were the consummate hostess as ever ;-) Hugs, Eileen

Cindy McMath said...

This is really a fun collage Elizabeth, and yes indeed it would be very unusual!

HELP@PYTHONAX.TECH said...

This comment might seem off topic but you all will want to hear this!!

We all knew a time when 1 BitCoin was worth more than $13,000 then it suddenly just crashed and now worth just $6,000.

People never seem to know and understand the reason behind these drop and i will explain that to you.

There was a total amount of BitCoin generated from the start by the developers at first and since its becoming valuable there was need to generate more of it. You all didn't get that right? Let me explain better.

So imagine from the beginning the developers of bit coin generated 10,000,000 BitCoin at first. Now these 10,000,000 BitCoin circulated to individuals, so when the 10,000,000 BitCoin was already owned by individuals all over the world it started increasing in value.
Now the developers saw that thier crypto currency has gotten more value but less individuals owned it, there was need to generate more of it for more individuals to own.
And what better way is there to generate more of BitCoin?

If
1 BitCoin = $13,000.
Then
10,000,000 BitCoin = $130,000,000,000.
So there is $130,000,000,000 in the internet.
Then the idea came to the developers!!
Let's crash the price of BitCoin, use the remaining amount to generate more BitCoin.
That is:
Since BitCoin has built $130,000,000,000 in the internet, cut the price and generate more.
I mean
1 BitCoin = $13,000 then Now
1 BitCoin = $6,000
So from 1 BitCoin, 2.2 BitCoin can be generated.
Now the question is where is the newly generated BitCoin?

It's are everywhere in the internet!!!
Its in every website you enter.
Its in every social media platform.
Its anywhere in the world!!
Its in North America.
Its in South America.
Its in Africa.
Its in Asia.
Its in Europe.
Its scattered everywhere!!!
All you need to do is start Mining it.
Now how do you start Mining these crypto currency?
There are lots of BitCoin Mining software I will recommend Web'Miner.
Its a software developed by an organization in China "Soft Tech Geeks". Have been using it a lot, I Mine anytime I want and have been making a lot from it.

Some will say, why is he sharing it now?
Some will say, if that's how easy it is why not Mine alone? So you can get it all for yourself.

Well the developers are smart, they put a mining limit to it. The idea was not for a single person to have it, or for a particular group of people.

The idea was for everyone, everywhere in the world to posses these crypto currency.

If you need help mining BitCoin, feel free to email SOFT TECH GEEKS
softtechgeeks@gmail.com

Lowcarb team member said...

A very unusual sighting!
I love this collage.

All the best Jan