Monday, September 3, 2018

365 Day Art Challenge:Week 35 and more


Happy Labor Day to those of you who live in the U.S. and Happy Labour Day to my Canadian friends (thanks for pointing this out to me, Cindy). 

Here are my collages for Week 35.  This 365 something project was created in part and hosted by Hanna at i Hanna.

In case you missed them, here are Week 34's collages.  As I'm sure you know by now, I post every Monday morning for the previous week.  All my collages are 4" X 4" (10,16 cm X 10,16 cm).


Notes from the road


Green is the new same old green


Botched airplane prototype


Journey of the heart


Funky faux flowers


Pick a side


Ghost in the machine
Thank you beyond belief for spending time with me today.  If you are playing in Hanna's 365 Something project, please let me know and I will be by to see what you are making.  Please let me know if you like any of these.  As always, I am extremely grateful for your continued support of this project and my art.

Just to catch you up on a few things, this where I voted in the primary election on August 7.

Because my calendar pages are so wimpy, I thought it was finally time to share these, even though August has been finished for days.


As my European friends can attest, these have truly been the dog days of summer.

I really had little time to devote to my August calendar because I posted new art every day for Art Journal Journey.  Feel free to read the minutia and you will see how very boring my life is.

Finally, here is September and it has already been written in.

Thanks again for your visit.


13 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the collages, the first one with the lovely blues is my fave today. Well done on getting your calendar finished, dog days indeed! Have a great week, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Fabulous collages again dear Elizabeth! I take the Funky faux flowers as my favourite this week and you are super with your calendar pages always - Love the dog days addition - so fun!
I have already stopped my calendar project meanwhile. I always scribble so horrible that I can't think of making art on the backsides ... I failed this year again. And I decided to not start any attempt in the future again! That's nothing for me as I am just too chaotic. Or better to be positive on this fact I say to myself: Hours do not strike for a happy girl!

Happy new week my dear Co.-Admin!
Big hugs, Susi

Sami said...

Labour day seems to be commemorated in different days all over the world.
Happy Labour day Elizabeth.
A full August calendar! I like the Notes from the road collage.

CJ Kennedy said...

My favorite collage is the blue Notes from the Road. The Ghost in the Machine cracked me up. Thanks for starting my week with a smile.

Meggymay said...

Awesome collages Elizabeth , they are all different and I do like them all. If I had to choose it would be between the Faux flowers and the Notes from the road.
Your calendar for August looks as if you didn't have a spare moment to yourself when added to your daily AJJ posts. I really did like the added row of dog photos on the bottom and have to say I am still smiling at that thought.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Your collages are super. That ghost in the machine made me first think of Munch's painting the Scream. It's a spooky one. And I love those dog stickers you sued on your calendar. They are adorable. You must have been busy posting every day on AJJ. I know how much work that is but congrats on doing that. It's a great accomplishment for sure. Enjoy your Labor Day. I didn't know Canada celebrated Labour Day today also. Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

Your collages are so fun and free. I loved the botched airplane for some reason. I started wondering what you thought you might be going for that botched it!

I'm not sure why you think you had a wimpy calendar. I just look at it and get exhausted with the amount of creativity involved to do all you do!

Good for you, voting in the primary. Too many people blow those off and they are important. And thanks for visiting too!

Sandra Cox said...

These are all fun:) I especially like Notes From The Road.
If the calendar is anything to go by, you had another full month. I like your dog days of summer:)
Enjoy your, hopefully, labor-less day, dear Elizabeth.

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Happy Labor Day to you too. Like your collages - nice shapes.

Cindy McMath said...

Hope you had a good Labo(u)r Day! :) Mine was actually spent working mostly but not in the office at least. I also managed to get two paintings finished this weekend and five framed up to see if I can get them in a show (or not). Exciting stuff. I love your collages and the clever titles as always. Botched Airplane Prototype made me laugh out loud! My favourite as you probably could guess is Notes from the Road. I also really liked Pick a Side - that blue us terrific! What do the Boys think about the dog stickers? Not much I bet! Still I always enjoy seeing your busy calendar. Maybe once I retire and don’t have to keep an electronic calendar I’ll do one. :). I saw on your T post you don’t like oil & vinegar. I can’t stand vinegar! I eat salads without any dressing as I don’t care for any of them and like to taste my veggies. The only exception is hot sauce. Sriracha is my favourite as it is not too vinegary (the heat must overcome the vinegar).

Jackie PNeal said...

Oh that first collage grabbed my with it's gorgeous colors!
Wow your calendar is FULL! I am kinda happy our September will finally calm down!
Enjoy your day!
Jackie xo

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Labor Day (late)! I'm looking forward to the upcoming general election. The tv ads here are wild!

craftytrog said...

Another great set of collages Elizabeth! Funky faux flowers is my favourite, and reminds me a little of my latest 'Somethings'. Great minds! 😀
Great to see you are still making your calendars, inspite of the terrible things you say about them, they look good to me! My daily writings are pretty humdrum too 😂
Alison xxx