Monday, August 27, 2018

365 Day Art Challenge: Week 34 and more


Here are my collages for Week 34.  This 365 something project was created in part and hosted by Hanna at i Hanna.

In case you missed them, here are Week 33's cards.  As I'm sure you know by now, I post every Monday morning for the previous week.  All my collages are 4" X 4" (10,16 cm X 10,16 cm).


Fun in the summer sun


Squared away


Path of grace


Study in gray and black


Why not blue?


Hearts on fire


Them
Thank you beyond belief for spending time with me today.  If you are playing in Hanna's 365 Something project, please let me know and I will be by to see what you are making.  Please let me know if you like any of these.  As always, I am extremely grateful for your continued support of this project and my art.

As you know Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  My theme is count your blessings.


Bleubeard and I are taking another armchair trip along the Danube, this time in the Wachau Valley.

This beautiful Austrian valley, which spans for 25 miles (40 km) from Melk to Krems

was formed by the Danube river.  It is a cultural haven

and a UNESCO World Heritage site/area.

It is recognized for its agricultural and architectural history and significance.   Grape (for wine making) vineyards and apricot trees/orchards dot the landscape.  Small towns like Dürnstein sit between Melk and Krems on both sides of the Danube.  The only way to get from one side of the river to the other is by some form of water transport because there are no bridges on the Danube in the Wachau Valley until you get to Krems.

For this journal entry, I began with a used file folder to which I sewed a page from a travel brochure/magazine.  I sewed the computer generated text using variegated thread.  I colored the text using watercolor crayons.  I found a piece of printed twill tape in my stash and added it, along with a button like those I used in my first Austrian entry so there would be continuity among the journal pages.

I found this photo at Wikipedia.  Dürnstein is on the far left (note the clock tower and steeple) and Krems, where the bridge is, is on the far right.  They are both on the same side of the river.  Feel free to enlarge.

Bleubeard and I are honored you joined us today as I shared my 365 somethings and my AJJ entry.  As always, we hope to see you at Art Journal Journey, where my theme is Count your blessings

17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful little collages, my fave today is hearts on fire. Wonderful travel page with lovely stitching. Have a great week, Valerie

Dortesjs said...

All beautiful collages so vibriant and colourful. your stiching travel page i adore to looks old and stunning photos

froebelsternchen said...

Adorable collages this week - I take "Path of grace" as my favourite! And I love your wonderful stitched Wachau Valley page! I really feel honored about those pages of Austria Elizabeth. Krems is just 35 miles far from me and from time to time my neighbour and friend Maria and I drive to Krems for a bit of shopping and having a women day there. And we visited some museums there in the past which were super interesting as well!
Happy new week my friend - you are such a stunning host this month! WONDERFUL!

Big hugs, Susi

Gibby Frogett said...

More fabulous collages Elizabeth - I especially love the first as I'm always drawn to musical graphics and your wonderful stitching was an added bonus. Anything with hearts I love too and the last collage 'Them' was really cool and striking.
Your Austrian page was a joy to see - Austria looks so very beautiful - I thoroughly enjoy all of your armchair travel pages - thank you.
Happy Monday... Gill x

My name is Erika. said...

Wow, such an art post today. I wish I could spend more time this morning armchair traveling, but I enjoyed more of my Austrian visit. And another great round of 4x4 art. I love the colors and your clever titles. Wish my brain was more in gear today to write a more clever comment. Oh it is Monday. Have a good one. Hugs-Erika

RO said...

What a great way to visit Austria and experience the amazing colorful views! Hugs...RO

CJ Kennedy said...

Another week of fun collages. Love the trip to Austria. I had a touch and go tour of Saltzburg, but never got east to see the Danube.

Nancy said...

Aren't collages so satisfying to make? Your Squared Away really caught my eye- I could see it done in fabric as a Modern quilt block or design. Thanks for the tip on the PFD fabric washing. I had not heard that, and I wondered whether I should have done so. I will in my next dyeing adventures.

Meggymay said...

Super collage pieces. The first one would be my favourite today, if I had to choose , they are all pieces of art.
Thank you again for another trip up the Rhine, more wonderful views to enjoy.
Yvonne xx

Caty said...

Wondeerful collages Elizabeth !! Really amazing all, perharps, the hearts one is which I prefer. then, Your Art page from this so beautiful Wachau Valley in Austria is gorgeous!! The photographs are fabulous, what a so nice view from the Danube!! really wonderful!! Thank you for sharing.
Adore the button, the twill tape and the sewing, that´s PERFECT !!
I wish you a very nice day, and I send you big hugss, Caty

Jeanie said...

I love it when you show your challenges -- such diversity!

Isobe Ltin said...

I am extremely grateful for your continued support.
meet and greet Stansted

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Fabulous Austria file folder page! The brochure photos are gorgeous and I love the labels you sewed and pasted on.

Small projects (like ATCs) really challenge me. You do them beautifully. I especially like Hearts Afire, Sunbrela and Us (them - lol)

Divers and Sundry said...

"Squared away" is my hands-down favorite this time. Vienna, of course, leaves me speechless. I'm loving the virtual tours :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love all of your little collages but study in grey and black is my fave this week! Your really are getting me in the right frame of mind for our holiday! Love this page! Hugs, Chrisx

Jackie PNeal said...

Wonderful collages! My favorites are of your travels and the second one- the green! Super inspiring!
Jackie xx

Cindy McMath said...

Another great week of collage Elizabeth! My favourite is “Them”. So clever! And I’ve never heard of a Sunbrella, but what a great way to have a safe time in the sun these days of thinning ozone. I also love the safety envelope collage. And your travels are beautiful again and make me want to hit the road back to Europe! It looks like a wonderful place to visit. And yea it’s hard to believe we are almost 2/3 done our year-long project - I’m so glad you joined! I think I’ll either be done early or maybe exceed the target of 365. I’ve already got 12 almost done this week and it’s only Tuesday! I’m working in multiples of six (bingo cards). :)